Heat Stress

Funfarmer

420 Member
Was hit by some unwanted heat and I’m close to harvest. Will my plants rebound now that my temp is under control or should i go ahead and harvest? First grow, just wanted a fun project really. Heard i couldn’t get a good yield in an aerogarden and wanted to see first hand. Supplementing with stronger led.

1AD90018-ECCD-45A7-8202-B83488927C0A.jpeg

I tweaked the colour balance to 9200K at 60% to get a better look and it don't look so bad. A 5000K 100 LED light bulb gives nice light for pics or use the flash when the grow light is off. As you have LED grow lights you can just switch them off for a pic or two as well.

ColourBalance.jpg

:peace:

Do you have any Superthrive or vitamin b1 it will help your girls recover from heat stress. Never give up you can make it to the end.

Do you have any Superthrive or vitamin b1 it will help your girls recover from heat stress. Never give up you can make it to the end.
I don’t. I’ve only been using the miraclegro stuff that came with the aerogarden. I know it’s not optimal but it was for science/ i was lazy.

Lights out flash on method for the win!

5A820405-200F-4580-8C34-EBE5FF5CC8E8.jpeg

6DF06F34-A759-454B-BACC-D7BD4A08EBCA.jpeg
Those burnt leaves make her look a little ruff but the buds look like they are coming along your going make don’t worry.

Lights out flash on method for the win!

6DF06F34-A759-454B-BACC-D7BD4A08EBCA.jpeg
Yes, much better. It is easier to see what you are seeing. What was the heat situation that you encountered? What, if anything, did you do to bring it back under control?

I have had the inside of the flowering cabinet get up to and stay in the 90 to 95 degree F range during the summer. Not just for a whole afternoon but for afternoon after afternoon, pretty much from mid July to mid September. Humidity stayed in an acceptable range from the upper 40s to mid 50s, though.

I have a perpetual style grow going so there are plants getting harvested and new clones being moved from a vegetating stage to the flowering stage every couple of weeks. The burned & dry look to those smaller sugar leaves shows up on some of my plants Don't know if it is right or wrong but I figure that it was a sign of a nutrient issue related to the plant needing the sugars, etc that are stored in those leaves; just like the loss of the larger fan leaves is often related to the plant needing the stored nutrients.

Made the switch from the cabinet to a tent. It took several days to get the heating and air flow issues figured out and some of the plants did suffer. On most of the plants the pistils died off and I took it as part of the learning curve. Keep the plant and waited to see what happened. It took about two weeks before new bud growth and new pistils started to show up. That was only on the larger buds near the top and closer to the light. Harvesting it later today but the quantity and quality will not be what I had hoped for. Planning on harvesting and sorting out colas and buds later this afternoon.

Yes, much better. It is easier to see what you are seeing. What was the heat situation that you encountered? What, if anything, did you do to bring it back under control?

I have had the inside of the flowering cabinet get up to and stay in the 90 to 95 degree F range during the summer. Not just for a whole afternoon but for afternoon after afternoon, pretty much from mid July to mid September. Humidity stayed in an acceptable range from the upper 40s to mid 50s, though.

I have a perpetual style grow going so there are plants getting harvested and new clones being moved from a vegetating stage to the flowering stage every couple of weeks. The burned & dry look to those smaller sugar leaves shows up on some of my plants Don't know if it is right or wrong but I figure that it was a sign of a nutrient issue related to the plant needing the sugars, etc that are stored in those leaves; just like the loss of the larger fan leaves is often related to the plant needing the stored nutrients.

Made the switch from the cabinet to a tent. It took several days to get the heating and air flow issues figured out and some of the plants did suffer. On most of the plants the pistils died off and I took it as part of the learning curve. Keep the plant and waited to see what happened. It took about two weeks before new bud growth and new pistils started to show up. That was only on the larger buds near the top and closer to the light. Harvesting it later today but the quantity and quality will not be what I had hoped for. Planning on harvesting and sorting out colas and buds later this afternoon.
First time grower so i didn’t see temperature being of major importance. Didn’t really have any temp controls aside from a fan and Mylar blanket. Growing in a shed without AC. I’m going to get more technical for my next grow. This one was educational.

I have a jewelers glass coming soon to know for sure but judging by the pistils I’ve got another week or so right? I started flushing with only water is that ok with a hydro grow?

0BFCB5A4-3A33-466B-941F-2EE3E1970CCC.jpeg

BF2E467B-72A4-4D7A-95F5-ED49B320A01B.jpeg

1B5928B2-EAB1-4C5A-9BCC-F241BD2B488A.jpeg

1A139A55-E9C8-44EA-AD91-968D16FAD1D8.jpeg

I have a jewelers glass coming soon to know for sure but judging by the pistils I’ve got another week or so right? I started flushing with only water is that ok with a hydro grow?

I don't flush but just lower the ppm in DWC when I do that. While growing in soilless with hydro nutes I just give them water the last week but I also harvest in stages so I want a low level of nutes to help ripen and fatten up the buds for up to 2 weeks after taking the large, ripe colas off.

You've probably already harvested by now.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom