She Hermied On Me, 4 Weeks Into Flower: Please Advise!

Seniorweeder

Guys U have NO IDEA how much this post upsets me. After all my time and efforts to get this girl to harvest, as of yesterday I discovered what appears to be pollen sacks forming on the smaller buds, the larger/older/taller ones on the ends of the branches don't seem to have them yet. So upset I came close to pitching her out the window, but remembered reading early in my studies that even a "Hermie" can make some smoke. There were no males present, no light leaks, room temps do vary from 60 to 82 on occasion, but based on what I've read I feel my problem was with low nutes during flower causing stress as the culprit. Several of U had been advising me to amp up on the nutes, claiming she looked hungry.

So do I have any options to save /use her? Way back in my grow help when discussing topping an other training methods one guy on here in his efforts to help me understand how durable Weed plants are mentioned that U could even come out of 12/12 lights and go back into 18/6 and start Veg again, then back to 12/12. As I understand that making sacks takes all the energy from cola flowering growth, is this an option? Also should I wait her out to let any last growth take place, or harvest early to save the bigger bud stacks form being taken over with pollen sacks? I am so disappointed that I am considering "Autos" for my next run! Hope these pix are good enough tell. Thanks in advance guys! Please give me a ray of hope!

HERMING 1.JPG

HERMING 2.JPG

Flowers at 25days ..2-14-21.JPG

Screenshot_2021-02-18-08-34-22.png

There are a couple seeds there.
Screenshot_2021-02-18-08-33-48.png

That is a potential "nana" that may have made the seeds.
Screenshot_2021-02-18-08-33-31.png

That pic I believe to be the same as the 1st pic but under different light.

She seems to have kicked out a few seeds, but I don't think it's the end of her. Those seeds are already formed and happened a couple weeks ago, given their development.

I see white stigmas/pistils next to the seeds, so I think it was isolated and not going to ruin the entire grow.

Only a couple. The white stigmas still present on the buds show not all bracts have been pollinated.

Once pollinated, the bract will swell and split a touch at the seam exposing the immature seed. I only see a few of those displayed. The plant will still produce some bud. It's not a total loss.

Oh man "Patient", that helps relieve me a lot for sure, I was bummmmmmed out bad all last night over this situation, sorry for the bad quality pix. I will definitely get better ones tonight when Wifey gets home. As I mentioned the larger bud clusters on the branch ends don't seem to have the same appearance as the smaller buds. Also if anybody can tell me after seeing the next pix, I would like to know how much longer she can grow? Currently at 28 days after flowers first appeared!

I would like to know how much longer she can grow
You will want close ups of the calyx and then it is a preference to some degree. Some people like more amber some less. I have been harvesting at about 10% amber 20 clear 70 cloudy or something like that. If you want more couch lock go for more amber/longer grow time.

:thumb: Only a couple. The white stigmas still present on the buds show not all bracts have been pollinated.

Once pollinated, the bract will swell and split a touch at the seam exposing the immature seed. I only see a few of those displayed. The plant will still produce some bud. It's not a total loss.
I read your diagram i know what your talking about now:thumb: funny how that worked out.

Ok guys, I just took these with Wifes phone, hope they show all U "Rocket Scientist" enough to tell what I have here! First pic is of my largest bud, its only about 3.5 " tall so far but very thick and doesn't have any Calyx or Pollen sacs like the smaller new buds. Rest are just close ups of the effected buds Im worried about! Would it be better to wait a week or so and try again? Thanks so much for your time and effort Grow Pals!

Hermy.jpg

Hermy 2.jpg

Hermy 3.jpg

Hermy 4.jpg

She may give you a few seeds. I'd give her an inspection and look/pluck for the pollen culprits. Is it the only plant in there? If so, I wouldn't discard her. She looks a couple weeks to finish and a week or so from giving you some decent product. Hell, she'd probably treat you OK if you took her today.

Seems like seeds in buds are like female body hair these days....

She may give you a few seeds. I'd give her an inspection and look/pluck for the pollen culprits. Is it the only plant in there? If so, I wouldn't discard her. She looks a couple weeks to finish and a week or so from giving you some decent product. Hell, she'd probably treat you OK if you took her today.

Seems like seeds in buds are like female body hair these days....
Thank u so much for your time and comment, that really gives me hope that I will get some product after all, and yes she's alone I had vegged 5 plants to start and to my luck only had one female!

Thank u so much for your time and comment, that really gives me hope that I will get some product after all, and yes she's alone I had vegged 5 plants to start and to my luck only had one female!

My first grow i though the calyxs were all seeds even though they were all females. I was absolutely clueless. Never give up on a girl that nice, you have done some really awesome training . You should be proud. The great people here will help you get her smoked. Hehe. Happy growing :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom