Sick working in 3 weeks Bloom & over

Redwiggler

Since Feb 2023 I get what is called “ GreenOuts”, working with cannabis in bloom more than 2 weeks.
Been ambulanced, mri’s , ct scans, can’t walk, lips and tongue go numb, non stop vomiting.
Mimics stroke and heart arrhythmia…..

Just ordered , a non fog organic filter mask and hazardous suits.

Wondering how many others experience this..lI know of two others in Southern Ontario.

And no I don’t smoke or eat edibles….I take oil and make pain killing topicals
Interested if others experience this…….by the way been growing since 1997….so this is completely new to me

That is odd. Your experience points to these symptoms being directly related to your exposure of budding cannabis? Like your fine working with the plants during vegetative state, but as soon as they start flowering you develop these afflictions?

Never heard of it before, you have my sympathies! Sounds like it could be an allergic reation to one or more of the terpenes, or something else in the grow environment that changes when flowering starts? Your symptoms sound like a form of anaphylactic shock, yikes!! I wonder if Benadryl or even an Epi pen might be advisable (check with your doctor first!!!!!!!!).

Limonene, Linalool, Pinene, and Caryophyllene are the most popular terpenes known to be associated with allergies. Research shows this is typically when oxidized

It seems terpenes CAN cause allergic reactions.

Very strange…started when I was growing very high thc Apple Pucker….now I get whacked in just a few minutes in bloom…have to get my wife watering.
You would almost think I was smoking the stuff…nope just touching , breathing

That is an amazing insight to consider that it is a sole terpene that is causing the issue.
I have several friends that have severe allergies, one to peanuts, the other to bee stings, they both carry epi pens at all times. The peanut allergy can be triggered by someone just opening a jar of peanuts in the same room.

Edit: I wonder if you could be evaluated for allergies to the terpenes with a skin prick test?

I have a friend who's sensitive to handle flowers without gloves. He get rashes and dry skin but that's about it. My skin on the other hand can't get enough of the stuff.

It sounds like something else might be involved in this? Any new medications or other new habits?

I have a friend who's sensitive to handle flowers without gloves. He get rashes and dry skin but that's about it. My skin on the other hand can't get enough of the stuff.

It sounds like something else might be involved in this? Any new medications or other new habits?
There are quite a few common plants/flowers that if handled without gloves can cause rhus dematitis.

I don’t take any medications…lol
I’m a fairly healthy 79..walk 2 miles per day..ride bike
Just my favourite hobby seems to cause problems once into actual bloom
If you only heard about the problem locally maybe it's something in the water? Jokes aside it could be a myriad of different things. Do the symptoms comes during high light intensity exposure? Have you visited another flowering Cannabis garden? Are you growing indoors or outdoor?

There are quite a few common plants/flowers that if handled without gloves can cause rhus dematitis.
Yeah, doesn’t bother my skin…but has be3 severe enough to have three doctors and several nurses attending non stop…I even thought I was having a stroke…thought I was a gonner…lol
Now wife tends stuff when I get weird around week 3..just ordered an organic full face respirator and a bunch of full hazardous hooded suits plus gloves.
interested whether others have experienced this and what if anything they did.

Doctors don’t agree that this can be related to my plants even though it’s the only time things go sideways

If you only heard about the problem locally maybe it's something in the water? Jokes aside it could be a myriad of different things. Do the symptoms comes during high light intensity exposure? Have you visited another flowering Cannabis garden? Are you growing indoors or outdoor?
Indoors…never been to others…have super air intake and exhaust…although i notice my glasses have sticky coating even after a short visit.
I grow in dirt..my VPD is smack on all the time..auto control
No pesticides

This was just sent to me by a grower on a FB Group
Interesting

Cannabinoid Hypermesis Syndrome

Seems you have a sever case as well. You have to quit all forms of intake even topical. You've been sensitized and now your body has 0 tolerance for cannabinoids.

Hot showers and several a day. Anxiety meds and stomach meds to protect your stomach.

It's a real thing. The cause was blamed on everything but cannabis when it first came about. PGRs and Pesticides and Neem cause out precious weed can't be to blame...... but it is. Heavy long term or regular use can sensitize you to that thing.

It can takes months as your body burns fat and releases thc from fatty organs and tissues. Liver kidney brain mainly.

Hope this helps.

Your Endocannabinoid System is wrecking havoc on your Central Nervous System it's not an allergic reaction. You might be able to return to cannabis use but you MUST quite for 90 days minimum but

can take 6 months!

Reg Tucker was very prevalent 4 years ago for a few years but it's been a while since I've seen someone post about the experiance. It was highly debated and people refused to beleive it was the Canna is itself and not honor where it was going. Back the day everyone worked off a study done by a now banned and disgraced doctor who falsified his studies so new info is likely to be out there on actually mechanasions and causes and cures. Many people back the day switched suppliers or switched to hydro or organics in hopes. This again had anecdotal claims of this working and them continueing to use cannabis. It's name itself should be an indicator that cannabinois and the ECS are the cause and system that's reacting but we are still learning about the ECS it's functions and affects of Exogenous cannabinoids on that system. I'm sure it could be a type of mycotoxin or other pathogen common to cannabis. I'm sure if I researched I'd find new answers and info.

I'd suggest a scholarly search on CHS

Back
Top Bottom