Skottel Indoor Winter Grow With 3 Different Strains

Skottelgoed Spons

High guys!!

So finally going to start my 3rd indoor grow for winter. Finally finished the grow space and all that needs to happen is the growing.
So what am I planning for this grow? I got 3 different strains that I will be trying out.

Strains: 2 x Hindu Kush auto from bulkseed bank.
1 x NBA Diesel auto from bulkseed bank
1 x Cheese from my personal reg seeda.

Lighting: 1 focal @60w warm white 3500k, 1 focal @60w cool white 6000k and a 1000w burple that will be used later for flowering qithe 2 focals.

Grow space size: 1m x 900cm x 2m

Grow medium:
Seedlings: 20% coco coir, 20% perlite, 20% vermiculite and 40% local potting soil sifted to remove unnecessary large bits.

Veg/flower: 20% mushroom compost, 15% perlite, 15% vermiculite, 15% coco coir, 25% local potting soil

Pots: 1L pots for germinating seeds
3 x 20l for autos
1 x 10l for reg seed

Nutes: nutrifeed and kelpak my go to for all my grows and had great results on my outdoor grows with these nutes.
Water: 6.2ph'd

So all seeds will be started off straight into the soil due to great success of it popping for me everytime with this method. I'm planning on running them under 24hour light for the first week where I will flip it to 20hr on and 4hr off. I am really excited as this will be my first auto grow except for the cheese. Hopefully I can get some great success from these girls.

Stay safe and lit up those joints! Stay tuned. :Rasta::ganjamon:

20220402_151114.jpg

20220402_151243.jpg

Still no sign of sprouts. What could I be doing wrong? Over watered? Under watered. Soil stays moist and the temps are at 22 - 24 degrees in the cabinet. Starting to worry that the seeds are dud's and then it means money wasted:(:(

Still no sign of sprouts. What could I be doing wrong? Over watered? Under watered. Soil stays moist and the temps are at 22 - 24 degrees in the cabinet. Starting to worry that the seeds are dud's and then it means money wasted:(:(
Hiya - hold your horses, now is not the time to fret mate, some seeds can take 7-10 days or more
I sometimes gently uncover the seed with a probe to see if anything is happening, in case I buried it slightly too deep or the husk is not releasing

Hiya - hold your horses, now is not the time to fret mate, some seeds can take 7-10 days or more
I sometimes gently uncover the seed with a probe to see if anything is happening, in case I buried it slightly too deep or the husk is not releasing
Going to try this later today and check whats up. Just a bit stressed that it might not pop being my first autos ever.

Will give it some time still....

@Growings i have done what you suggested and I have found my mistakes. Firstly I might have slightly overwatered and secondly I might have planted the seeds a wee bit too deep. So far I saw the cheese and 1 hindu had a tap root. The nba and other hindu still need to crack. I will not be watering again and will rather wait till the soil show signs of drying.

Holding thumbs that all 4 will be sprouted and that they will be a ok:thumb:

Just want to thank you for the advice. If anyone would like to give advice it will be much appreciated. This will help me better my grow experience.

Hi all,

Update on day 6 for seedlings. So after two mistakes I made. Finally on day 5 one hindu kush and the cheese has greeted me by poking out their heads. I'm a bit concerned about the cheese because she looks like her cotyledon is sealed shut. This will be a problem for the first leaves. I probably going have to do a small incision to open it up for her. Do you guys think this will help or will it cause damage to the baby?

I am currently still not giving water till the soil is dry in the middle to bottom.

Once all 4 plants is sprouted lights will be adjusted to the perfect height for the babies. At the moment the lights are about 1.5m above them to not cause too much heat on them.

Please guys any advice will be appreciated. I want all the forumites to be part of this journey.

Stay safe people
Some eye candy for you guys:

20220407_175414.jpg

20220407_175407.jpg

Just a small update: day 6 nothing really happend. Only the 2 girls that popped first standing strong. 2nd hindu still hasn't sprouted. The cheese cytoledon opened by itself. Still no water given soil still moistish.

Day 7: behold the 2nd hindu started poking her head out. So glad for this. Still waiting on the nba diesel. If she is not popping by day 10 then I will call it quits with her. I still haven't watered. Will be watered on day 8. Lights will be adjusted accordingly.

Here are some pictures

20220409_150926.jpg

20220409_150934.jpg

20220409_151104.jpg

20220409_151116.jpg

20220409_151041.jpg

20220409_151010.jpg

20220409_150944.jpg

20220409_151020.jpg

Update day 8 which was yeaterday. So the 2nd hindu is now showing upwards reaching to the light. So glad about this. So the NBA Diesel did not crack at all. I have removed her from the soil and put her into a shot glass with water yesterday. This morning on day 9 I took her out as it seems that she might just might have cracked and planted her into the soil again. Fingers crossed on her otherwise it I will call it quits with her and accept that she is a dud.

I have watered the seedlings with a little bit of ph'd 6.2 water on day 8 and lights has been adjusted to 70cm.

The light schedule is currently on 24hour but going to be changed over to 18/6 this afternoon to get these autos rolling. Only the cheese is a regular seed and will be the one that will go the longest for this grow.

All of them will be grown in their 1L pots till I have a good root system on all of them where by they will be transplanted to their final pots and lst will be done to get more main colas out of these babies.

They will be given a small amount of nutes after day 12 to help them along. I will start off with only kelpak for them and will give amounts as this journal goes along.

May all of you have a blessed day day and stay safe.

Some piccies for you guys. Please excuse the black lines. My new phone camera picks up the light rays and i will in future rather use my old phone for pics. Old phones takes better pictures anyway and blocks out the light rays.

20220410_115225.jpg

20220409_151116.jpg

20220410_115234.jpg

20220409_151104.jpg

Hey Skott, nice start, glad the stuck one released itself. I have had a few of them occur, I feel that whenever the membrane is trapping the cotyledons that you need to remove it as gently as possible, because the longer they stay bound the more potential for them to go into slow grow mode. My current Mango Sherbert first broke the soil with her tap root then after replanting she broke soil a couple of days later correctly but was trapped in her membrane for several days before I eventually freed her by poking a pin down between her cotyledons and using it to tear it off. She was then a mutant for weeks but then miraculously came right, first one ever to do so. For what it is worth, the conundrum of how deep to plant, too deep and then you worry that you've buried them and then you have dig them up to check on them, too shallow they can come out with the membrane still on. It's tricky, but looking good! All the best.

Hey Skott, nice start, glad the stuck one released itself. I have had a few of them occur, I feel that whenever the membrane is trapping the cotyledons that you need to remove it as gently as possible, because the longer they stay bound the more potential for them to go into slow grow mode. My current Mango Sherbert first broke the soil with her tap root then after replanting she broke soil a couple of days later correctly but was trapped in her membrane for several days before I eventually freed her by poking a pin down between her cotyledons and using it to tear it off. She was then a mutant for weeks but then miraculously came right, first one ever to do so. For what it is worth, the conundrum of how deep to plant, too deep and then you worry that you've buried them and then you have dig them up to check on them, too shallow they can come out with the membrane still on. It's tricky, but looking good! All the best.
Hey stungs. Welcome to this grow. Yeah I'm glad she opened by herself. I were too scared to do it myself and maybe just screw it up. I had seeds previously that had the shell on still and would flick that off but that is the furthest I could go. This was something new for me. Atleast the cheese seems to be growing at the normal rate, so nothing to be worried about with her.

Thanks for popping by and hope to see you here often with some tips and tricks.

Stay safe:Namaste:

Hello all

So day 9 was yesterday. Nothing much has happened. Babies doing fine. My temp went up yesterday to almost 30° c because we are having some hot weather before the rain comes. I have added another intake and out take fans to get the temps down. Temp currently hovering between 23° - 26°c. My light schedule has been activated to 18/6. All in all the babies look happy. So today is day 10 for the seedlings and they will be getting a drink of ph'd 6.2 water today. Just a teeny bit of water.

Have a good day all. Stay safe

Hello all, so its long weekend for us and 14days on saturday for the babies. I have watered the babies on day 10, day 12 and day 14. I'm just giving the love they need now to get them grow big. So the hindus are still developing their second sets of leaves. Noticed that they are growing slower than the regular cheese seed which is doing spectacular at the moment. I will most prob start with light nute feeding once properly developed by the 3rd set of leaves.

Also got an unknown sativa going outdoors from a seed that was brought in from Holland.

Here are a pic:

IMG-20220417-WA0007.jpg

20220324_174315.jpg

20220324_174321.jpg

20220324_174444.jpg

20220324_174449.jpg

20220324_174342.jpg

20220324_174407.jpg

20220324_174331.jpg

Good morning,

So day 18 today. The girls are growing well. I have decided not to water them for 6 days as the pots still felt heavier than usual. I have lifted the pots this morning and felt that it is lighter but not by much. Will be lifting them this afternoon again.

So hindu 1 grew her second set of leaves and seems to be going for the 3rd set now.

Hindu 2 is almost done with her 2nd set but has been doing great by keeping up with her sister.

Cheesy weesy is already done with the 3rd set and is moving to the 4th set. She is doing really well.

I have noticed that the hindus have bronze tips. Could this be that they were overwatered a bit?

I am currently scrambling to get backup power for my grow space as we are having loadshedding yet again in south africa. Our guavament can't keep our lights on. We pay our arses off on electricity and yet they can't keep the lights on. Now my back up batteries has seen its arse. Whoopy doo. Fun times hey. Currently i have a solar spot light in the grow space to run at night when loadshedding kicks in. I will need to work on my 900w genie to get it back in the game again.

Hope all of you have great day.

Photos will be posted tonight. Did not have time to take pics this morning.

Hello all,

We are at day 23 for these lovely babies. Nothing much. Still getting their drink of water every second day.

Loadshedding has been suspended and I do not have to stress about the lights for now. But we will have loadshedding again.

Grow enviroment temps are stable between 24 - 28 degrees at night as this is when my lights are on. During the day depending if sun is out it will be 19-23 degrees on dark period.

So today the babies will get their first light very light nute drinks.

I just love to see these babies grow!

20220423_113153.jpg

20220423_113244.jpg

20220423_113254.jpg

20220423_113300.jpg

20220423_113324.jpg

Back
Top Bottom