Multi-Strain Soil Grow: 400W MH & HPS

Alright alright time to party! :theband::party::headbanger:

Time for some harvest pics and final weights! Overall I’m happy with the harvest and all the strains I grew, I’ll be keep cuts of most for now. Blah blah blah time for pics!

Bagseed:
I had a couple random bagseeds going and this specific one was quite a vigorous grower throughout veg and and responded well to training so I decided to bloom her with my other strains. She smelt like Granadilla / Passion Fruit throughout bloom and had some of the nicest terps I’ve smelt before. She was a small plant and I saw early on that it would not yield well as it wasn’t forming large buds. I won’t grow it indoors again but I’ve got a clone going that I’ll grow outdoors come September. Overall yield 37.27g / 1.3 oz. Nice buds and a lovely aroma. I haven’t tested it yet

Glue X Sour Grape
Suurbek - Helderberg Genetics South Africa

So this one was good fun to grow, I didn’t do much training on this one and I didn’t grow it too well as she was clawing through the whole of bloom so I’m looking forward to running it again as the buds turned out great. The nugs are rock hard and packed with trichomes. My girlfriend says it smells like dried mango, and a mate of mine says it smells like bone-marrow or stew. Funny huh! I’m not sure what it’s smelling like but it’s super dank. This one yielded 57.12g / 2.1 oz of prime herb :yummy:

Cheese:
As most of you may know Cheese varieties are my favourite so there’s not much bad I can say about this. She produces some awesome nugs, and I had no problems growing this Cheese. A lovely sweet cheese aroma coming through. Can’t wait for cure to finish on this one, of course.:passitleft: She yielded 73.08g / 2.57 oz

Durban Poison X Sour Grape
Zululand Sour - Helderberg Genetics South Africa

This is a local cross and that was why I gave this one a bang. I chopped it at week 10, but as I mentioned when chopping it - it had another 2 weeks to go for it to reach its full potential. It was the last one in the bloom box and I needed the space so I cut it. Anyway, I’m happy with the nugs and the yield and I’ll be growing this one again for sure. I’ll post a pic of the mainline I got going of the clone from this mother in my propagation station thread. Anyway, she yielded 65.85g / 2.32 oz.

Double Glock -Ripper Seeds:
I posted the numbers on the Double Glock and pics before so I won’t speak too much about this one again. What a beauty, I hope someone else grows this one out on 420mag soon too. It’s said to be 100% indica Afghanistan landrace. Such a strong grower and some of the dankest bud I’ve grown. She yielded 105g’s / 3.7 oz.

Total numbers:
Alright I hope I didn’t miss any of the strains. Here’s the total harvest numbers:
Dbl Glock 105g + Cheese 73.08g + Zululand Sour 65.85g + Suurbek 57.12g + Bagseed 37.27g
= 338.32g Total bud weight
I’m happy with the numbers and looking forward to improving them next round :ganjamon:

Thanks again to everyone for following my journal. I’ll keep this one going and do my smoke reports once these buds are nice and cured. I’ll be flowering out clones from the last round so I might just keep this thread going.
Anyway, I’m off to do an update in the propagation station thread - I did some training today! I hope everyone is doing well and that all is going smoothly in your gardens. :high-five:

That's an amazing wide variety haul Irie, congrats bro! I love the cheeses too. Well yielding, good tric coverage, sweet smelling and tasting sure to bake the brain good for hours.

:bravo:Nice job, Brother! The Double Glock & the Cheese look like the best of the lot so nice you got the biggest yields on those. Looks might be deceiving, though, so looking forward to the smoke reports!

Alright alright time to party! :theband::party::headbanger:

Time for some harvest pics and final weights! Overall I’m happy with the harvest and all the strains I grew, I’ll be keep cuts of most for now. Blah blah blah time for pics!

Bagseed:
I had a couple random bagseeds going and this specific one was quite a vigorous grower throughout veg and and responded well to training so I decided to bloom her with my other strains. She smelt like Granadilla / Passion Fruit throughout bloom and had some of the nicest terps I’ve smelt before. She was a small plant and I saw early on that it would not yield well as it wasn’t forming large buds. I won’t grow it indoors again but I’ve got a clone going that I’ll grow outdoors come September. Overall yield 37.27g / 1.3 oz. Nice buds and a lovely aroma. I haven’t tested it yet

Glue X Sour Grape
Suurbek - Helderberg Genetics South Africa

So this one was good fun to grow, I didn’t do much training on this one and I didn’t grow it too well as she was clawing through the whole of bloom so I’m looking forward to running it again as the buds turned out great. The nugs are rock hard and packed with trichomes. My girlfriend says it smells like dried mango, and a mate of mine says it smells like bone-marrow or stew. Funny huh! I’m not sure what it’s smelling like but it’s super dank. This one yielded 57.12g / 2.1 oz of prime herb :yummy:

Cheese:
As most of you may know Cheese varieties are my favourite so there’s not much bad I can say about this. She produces some awesome nugs, and I had no problems growing this Cheese. A lovely sweet cheese aroma coming through. Can’t wait for cure to finish on this one, of course.:passitleft: She yielded 73.08g / 2.57 oz

Durban Poison X Sour Grape
Zululand Sour - Helderberg Genetics South Africa

This is a local cross and that was why I gave this one a bang. I chopped it at week 10, but as I mentioned when chopping it - it had another 2 weeks to go for it to reach its full potential. It was the last one in the bloom box and I needed the space so I cut it. Anyway, I’m happy with the nugs and the yield and I’ll be growing this one again for sure. I’ll post a pic of the mainline I got going of the clone from this mother in my propagation station thread. Anyway, she yielded 65.85g / 2.32 oz.

Double Glock -Ripper Seeds:
I posted the numbers on the Double Glock and pics before so I won’t speak too much about this one again. What a beauty, I hope someone else grows this one out on 420mag soon too. It’s said to be 100% indica Afghanistan landrace. Such a strong grower and some of the dankest bud I’ve grown. She yielded 105g’s / 3.7 oz.

Total numbers:
Alright I hope I didn’t miss any of the strains. Here’s the total harvest numbers:
Dbl Glock 105g + Cheese 73.08g + Zululand Sour 65.85g + Suurbek 57.12g + Bagseed 37.27g
= 338.32g Total bud weight
I’m happy with the numbers and looking forward to improving them next round :ganjamon:

Thanks again to everyone for following my journal. I’ll keep this one going and do my smoke reports once these buds are nice and cured. I’ll be flowering out clones from the last round so I might just keep this thread going.
Anyway, I’m off to do an update in the propagation station thread - I did some training today! I hope everyone is doing well and that all is going smoothly in your gardens. :high-five:
:bravo:Man that's a load of fine bud! One looking better than the last. Next round is going to be fun x 2.

Thanks for all the kind words my friends, much appreciated as always! :thanks:
Had a busy week - gave in my notice of resignation at work on Thursday effective end of September. I'm so stoked, as iv'e been working on making a move into the horticulture / agricultural industry over the last few months and i'm beyond excited - i'll fill you guys in more once the ball gets rolling.
I was super happy with the DIY grow box @Cheesekop and i put together - but decide to spoil myself and i picked up a Mammoth 1.2 x 2.4m (4 x 8ft). Set it all up last night after work and got all the plants in. 400w HPS on the left and 600w MH on the right.
I'll be getting another 600w ballast & light fixture like the one on the right in the next 2 weeks - so by the time i'm ready to bloom some of these plants we'll have 2 x 600w's in there and we should be in for a good ride! :slide:
It's a big tent and there's no ways i would of been able to set it up alone. Once set up and everything in i'm overall really happy and i'm sure the improved environment is going to do my plants well.
The plants are up for a feeding tomorrow so today i'm gonna do a bubble hash run or two with some trim, blaze and chill out all day. Enjoy your weekend and happy growing my 420 brothers & sisters :Namaste:

Last pic of the plants commin' out of the grow box:

Tent set up and plants in:
400w HPS on the left, 600w MH on the right.

6" extraction fan

Exciting change Irie! All the best to you on your new journey, you obviously have the correct mindset and capabilities to make such a venture!
The new tent is huge and looks great already!

:ganjamon:

Hey mate, that tent needs 2 x 315w cmh... 630w for all that grow area... Mmmmm... Super dank, super cheap, super stoned....

Lovely grow and buds brutha!
I know a dude like job in horticulture where its legal.... Cough.... Lol....
Enjoy ya harvest, you earnt it mon, Irie!

MAJOR come up Irie! Will you be running both the new tent and that nice big framed room? The more the merrier, right? That's also very admirable to give your employer 2 long months of notice which will give them plenty of time to find someone at least half as good as you. If you're getting a new ballast and bulb, you could probably use your current fixture assuming the connectors are the same. The connectors are the same between my 400 & 600w HIDs, so as long as the bulb/ballast remain paired respectively, the fixture used is interchangeable.

Great looking tent, exciting changes, new job - happy for you, @irie lion !

Looks amazing Irie. Love the variety, and excited to try "cheese" seeds eventually after your comments. Never get cheese strains myself till this grow.

Good luck with the career! Huge life change to switch up careers. I very recently gave up working in a well paid career to work with music for next to nothing.. It's so worth doing what you love :)

Back
Top Bottom