Hey 420 members! :ciao:
Iv'e had some good fun growing indoors with DIY setups and iv'e finally bought myself a 1.2 x 2.4m (4x8) tent. It's improved my growing environment quite a bit and i'm looking forward to having some more space to work with. I'll be using this thread to mostly journal my grow in the tent, but will update my propagation station here as well. :morenutes:
The Setup:
So we've got the 4x8 tent with 2 x 600w ballasts - so 1200w in total. :idea: Got two big fans doing the job well and iv'e got two small clip on fans ready for when we start building our canopy. 6" fans for extraction & ventilation.
8 plants in 20L fabric pots. I do have 40L fabric pots i can go to if need be, but working with 8 x 40L's is gonna be hard work but i'll do it if we have to. I'm planning for another 2-3 weeks veg but we'll see how it goes.

The Soil Mix:
My soil mix consists of: Coco coir, Compost, perlite, vermiculite, Bone meal, Fermented probiotic bran, Organic nutrients, worm Castings, Volcanic rock dust, vermiculite & gypsum with a few extra amendments like Calmag and kelp extract. I am having great results with the soil. I will touch base on the few nutrients i am feeding with at a later time.

The Plants we'll be blooming:
So i was vegging 20+ plants and just looking out for the ones with the most potential. So here we are with the final 9 plants.

Left side of the tent: (2 x Cheese in front & 2 x Double Glock at the back)

Double Glock #1: She's a quad of some sort but she's been opened up nicely and growing at a great pace.

Double Glock #2: She was grown out without training. The strain has shown me in the past that it's got great side branching and the lower ends generally make their way to the canopy. I tied down her top branches and defol'd her last night to improve light penetration and to help the lowers catch up. She's strong and healthy!

The cheese plants:

Cheese #1: She's sort of a quadline. Been opened up really nicely.

Cheese #2: Received similar training to the other cheese.
Middle of the tent:
So in the middle of all 8 pots i'll be blooming this Durban Poison X Sour Grape that iv'e been having fun with the last month or so. She's basically a mainline. Same age as the other plants but growing like a monster, i'm adjusting ties daily on her now. She's still in a 10L pot so she will be getting a 20 or 40L within the next 2 weeks.

Right side of the tent:
Alright so long story short here - during my last round i took cuts deep into bloom so i could experiment with reveging clones. I'm not gonna get into my findings here but it resulted in the plants going through a faze of confusion, crazy branching, shooting single leaves, growing outta that into normal leaf structure, sudden rapid growth and before i knew it they were where they're at now. Through all of this and in between all my normal clones i mixed up tags and i'm not longer 100% sure what's what here. I'm not fazed as i know it's good genetics and i will obviously know what is what once we are blooming. These were all grown without training and yesterday i started removing leaves from above bending down the top branches to open things up and encourage the lower branching to make it's way up. I'll be labeling them as Reveg #1 - 4 to keep track of them.

Reveg #1:

Reveg #2:

Reveg #3:

Reveg #4:

Sweet that's it for now brothers and sisters. I'll post of a few pics tomorrow when i'm doing more work in the garden.
Welcome to everyone who joins in - and let me know how things are looking, i appreciate all of your comments :yahoo:

Happy growing :morenutes:
:passitleft:
Nice tranning..

Love the setup IL, you are a inspiration! So neat and tidy and well lit! You remind me I need to tighten my ship up I'm getting lazy...again...Cheers mate, Luck to your grow! :yahoo:

holy batshit mate. they are amazing. i cannot wait to see them growing out Irie.
looking good lion love that main lining.
That's a beautiful plant,irie, Good work !
Nice tranning..
Looking great. Cool LST look after defoliation!
I absolutely loved that shot from under the canopy. Ladies are looking good.
Looking good buds
Thank you so much everyone!:thanks: i really appreciate you all stopping in and checking things out.
He started a new journal to grow another death star, but in Doc's kit and with a sponsored light as well. I've been wanting to do a Flux for 5 years, but never had the space and time.
Iv'e checked out so much of Lightaddict's work he is so good. Do you have a link to his new journal please? i can not find it. I am keen on doing a big outdoor flux some time soon! :slide:
Hey Irie! Page 2 is good for me lol. Good to see you keeping busy. Looks like a lot of fun is to be had
Hey Prof! Glad to have you on board. I'll be getting some Barney's genetics up in here in no time :passitleft:
QUOTE="FishEyedFool, post: 4585523, member: 332235"]
I've never seen such an abomination to God or humanity, but that's cool as hell. Do they call that the "fishbone technique"? If not, they should. I can't wait to see how she grows from here.
[/QUOTE]
Hahaha! :rofl: I see how you thought of that name and it works well. She is going to look awesome once in bloom.
Looking Fantastic.. watching this grow out. Cheers magic
Hey brother Magic! Thanks for stopping by.
This is looking very exciting! I’ve never seen this technique used, I’m curious to see the results! I wish we were allowed more than 4 plants in Canada lol.
Thanks @Darcehard! I am having loads of fun with these plants. 4 plants definitely limits your growing but you guys have a legal system set in place and things are cloudy this side in South Africa, i do not really know how many plants i can legally grow.
Brotha Irie!
Hope you are well... cruising thru to make sure you give them trimming hands a break, long enough to blaze this b.

Stay lifted cuz!
Hey Brotha! Hope you had or are still having an awesome vacation! :yahoo:
Thanks for stopping in with that b... now ya got me rollin' one up.
Page 3! I’m in! Great work on striping your Durban poison! Great photo, even better work! :bravo:
Hey brother! Welcome, make yourself comfortable :passitleft: thanks for the kind words my friend.
Love the setup IL, you are a inspiration! So neat and tidy and well lit! You remind me I need to tighten my ship up I'm getting lazy...again...Cheers mate, Luck to your grow! :yahoo:
Hey Pbass! :theband: Thank you so much. I'm trying to keep things nice and clean in here, so far so good. Always space to improve! :ganjamon: Hope all is well on your end. Take it easy.

Hey everyone! It's been a week and it's update time :cough:
Everything is growing and going well in here i can not complain. Another 2 or 3 weeks and i'll flip to a 12/12 light schedule - they have all been on 24/0 lighting from day one. All the plants have filled out well since the last pruning and i'll be thinning things out a bit more tomorrow and will post another update.
Life is busy and maintaining more plants than before has been a handful but i'm doing just fine. My brother @Cheesekop is home from the US in about a month and so the work load will be cut in half (not really as summer is near and we'll be growing way more plants outdoors).
Time for pics! Let me know what you all think growers :morenutes::passitleft:
Have a good week. Peace

Full tent shot:

Left side of tent:

Middle of the tent:

Right side of tent:

Let me know what you all think growers :morenutes::passitleft:
VO3YHSV.jpg

Hey everyone! It's been a week and it's update time :cough:
Everything is growing and going well in here i can not complain. Another 2 or 3 weeks and i'll flip to a 12/12 light schedule - they have all been on 24/0 lighting from day one. All the plants have filled out well since the last pruning and i'll be thinning things out a bit more tomorrow and will post another update.
Life is busy and maintaining more plants than before has been a handful but i'm doing just fine. My brother @Cheesekop is home from the US in about a month and so the work load will be cut in half (not really as summer is near and we'll be growing way more plants outdoors).
Time for pics! Let me know what you all think growers :morenutes::passitleft:
Have a good week. Peace

Full tent shot:

Left side of tent:

Middle of the tent:

Right side of tent:
Looking wicked Irie. Love the size of that mainline already. That will be huge mate. great work.

Back
Top Bottom