Slight leaf edge curl - Normal?

The Germinator

This is from my current grow on my Sig. Noticed slight leaf edge curl. Not tips. Is this normal. Will post stats. Should I raise ppm? Ty
Ph 6.0
Ppm 398 using flora trio
Water temp 68
Air temp highest 82. Now 78
Day 13 since I put rapid rooter/seedlings into hydroton.
Any advice is always appreciated.
I raised my 5100k 100 watt led lights up some hoping to encourage it to grow taller. Two bulbs per plant. Waiting for my 600 watt to arrive.
420-magazine-mobile1160470269.jpg
420-magazine-mobile806003772.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not exactly normal. Probably heat stress.
A Mg deficiency will also cause edge curl, but it looks different - more spikey. This is too early for that to show anyway.

ive got a RQS critical growing now with the leaf curl, alongside a blue mystic, and a green crack from crop king.....its the only one with the curl.
it might just be genetics.

Curling up = too much heat or light.
If you want it to grow taller switch to 3200-3500k for a week. Though 5000k will give you a thicker, fuller plant at veg.
Shouldn't your PH be 5.5 for hydro?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you want it to grow taller switch to 3200-3500k for a week. Though 5000k will give you a thicker, fuller plant at veg.

5.9 is what's recommended. But someone here posted a chart showing how diff nutrients uptake better at diff ph ranges. Therefore he believes letting your ph cycle from like 5.6 to 6.3 will give you more efficient nutrient uptake.

Actually 5.8 is what I've seen recommended the most. I lower it to 5.8 then let it rise to bout 6.1 then lower it again. Wish I had a link to the post.

Hmmmm. I've always used 5.5 at it tends to rise to 6 after a few days. But if the bottle says 5.9 go with that. Either way looks great....especially since it's still got its primary leaves on.

Ive seen conflicting data. Especially in Phosphorus. Some people don't realize there's Mobile Phosphorus and immobile phosphorus as well as several different types of phosphorus including phytase, phosphoglycolate phosphatase, 3-phosphoglycerate phosphatase, phosphoenolpyruvate phosphatase, and phosphotyrosyl-protein phosphatase.

Look at the chart. If you kept your ph at 5.5 your plants wouldn't get P or MG.
I added a 2100k bulb with my 5000k to encourage a little more stem growth.
I agree with heat stress. Ty.
420-magazine-mobile204274095.gif

My buddies Dogwalker did the same thing from seedling all the way through flower I kept thinking it was a molybdenum deficiency and cal mag phos either way it produced pretty well for him.

Back
Top Bottom