Small buds week 5

Pine tree

420 Member
I'm in week 5 going on 6 in flower and my buds aren't stacking. I feel like the plants should be further along by now. What should I do??

16297199790152613222532162371393.jpg

20210823_050119.jpg

it's also early if those are flat out sativas and not hybrid.
have had some go 120 days. you might be only a third of the way in.

edit: and light. it's not bad but it looks like they could use a little penetration.

Ditto the above - not sure if this is a strain you are familiar with, but I know my sativa dominant strains don’t even put on decent weight until the last 3-4 weeks. This is a pic of Super Lemon Haze at the end of week 6, getting blasted with light…. This same cola will be yuge by chop…. They look great though, just maybe work on keeping the next run a little shorter maybe?
07D028CD-11F3-491B-9FD4-FCB4D118BA15.jpeg

Kinda late in the game to impact your current grow but lollipop lowers to concentrate on colas as opposed to smaller popcorn buds, also your room looks pretty thick more space between buckets and more airflow.

I’m going to ask Mr. @bluter to swing by on his next logon
Yes I did lollipop. But I agree too many plants

I’ve posted this before but when I was a kid I put about a dozen catfish fingerlings in 10 gallon aquarium with filter and pump. One by one the fingerlings started to die off but I couldn’t figure out the problem. Years later it dawned on me the aquarium was too small for even 1 catfish heck a kiddie pool is prolly too small for one catfish…. but in nature an organism can’t exceed the size of its environment

with that said you can grow 10 plants in a 4X4 and the yield is about the same as 2 well trained plants in a 4X4

I’ve posted this before but when I was a kid I put about a dozen catfish fingerlings in 10 gallon aquarium with filter and pump. One by one the fingerlings started to die off but I couldn’t figure out the problem. Years later it dawned on me the aquarium was too small for even 1 catfish heck a kiddie pool is prolly too small for one catfish…. but in nature an organism can’t exceed the size of its environment

with that said you can grow 10 plants in a 4X4 and the yield is about the same as 2 well trained plants in a 4X4
Well-said 013! I’d even go out on a limb and say 2 well trained plants in a 4x4 will tend to do a little better than say 4 plants in the same space. The nature of life is to fill space (damnit - Thanos was right!) so those 4 will rush to spread until they touch and you lose lower penetration at that point. With 2 the tendency is to always have more penetration, with everything else being equal since the light will be unobstructed to more of the plant (in this case the immediate sides). I generally won’t grow out more than two in 4x4 unless I’m popping beans trying to figure out which genetics I want to hold on to. This gives me space to train two well vs let 4 go crazy (which I am currently doing now) lol.

Nice set up, those Hps look expensive with in built ballasts.

I'm kind of leaning towards ya got sativa dominate strain those will fatten up soon enough.

Ditto the above - not sure if this is a strain you are familiar with, but I know my sativa dominant strains don’t even put on decent weight until the last 3-4 weeks. This is a pic of Super Lemon Haze at the end of week 6, getting blasted with light…. This same cola will be yuge by chop…. They look great though, just maybe work on keeping the next run a little shorter maybe?
07D028CD-11F3-491B-9FD4-FCB4D118BA15.jpeg

Sneekymofo looks like u have some problems, curly leaves like that usually mean nutrient burn or over feeding wich can impact your plants horribly. flush with ph correct water and blackstrap molasses .verry good for plants and makes them taste great

I'm in week 5 going on 6 in flower and my buds aren't stacking. I feel like the plants should be further along by now. What should I do??

16297199790152613222532162371393.jpg

20210823_050119.jpg
Great setup by the way .your lights could be closer try dropping them 1 foot. Also bending or stem snapping could help support more weight.aslo bud pinching c02 could help. green pads or a machine would be something
To think about .heat also is a factor.but u have so much potential in that grow space just try studying crop yield and new ways to get what u want and never stop learning.

Sneekymofo looks like u have some problems, curly leaves like that usually mean nutrient burn or over feeding wich can impact your plants horribly. flush with ph correct water and blackstrap molasses .verry good for plants and makes them taste great
Yes, they‘ve been abused, then abused again! I’ve had to leave them alone on two occasions where they had to be left alone for 7-10 days with no top off. I lost 1/2 the water in a 34 gallon system, so you can imagine what TDS was up to lol. They are as squared away as I can get them, but thanks much for looking out!

Back
Top Bottom