Smell safety

greensoul

420 Member
Hello, I want to raise a jack herer in an apartment. There will only be 1 plant and I have some doubts about whether to buy a carbon filter or not. Actually, my goal is not to get crazy efficiency, I want to experience how it is done. The air conditioner works in my room 24/7, and at the same time, can I solve the odor problem with deodorizing gel and air conditioner? Thanks in advance for your help

Hello, I want to raise a jack herer in an apartment. There will only be 1 plant and I have some doubts about whether to buy a carbon filter or not. Actually, my goal is not to get crazy efficiency, I want to experience how it is done. The air conditioner works in my room 24/7, and at the same time, can I solve the odor problem with deodorizing gel and air conditioner? Thanks in advance for your help
Depends on how big the plant is and if you let her go all the way to flower. If you don't want you, your clothes and everything that you own to smell like weed I'll advice you to buy a proper carbon filter.

IMO If you're not allowed to grow because of your rental agreement or the laws there then why risk it.
And it's easy to become 'nose blind' to the smell... so while you might not notice it, someone still will.
I grow without a filter because I'm able to but even still, when fam or friends visit I hear stuff like -
'Damn it smells like weed... I could smell it before even coming inside.'. I'd just grab a filter.

IMO If you're not allowed to grow because of your rental agreement or the laws there then why risk it.
And it's easy to become 'nose blind' to the smell... so while you might not notice it, someone still will.
I grow without a filter because I'm able to but even still, when fam or friends visit I hear stuff like -
'Damn it smells like weed... I could smell it before even coming inside.'. I'd just grab a filter.
I agree with everything said about getting nose blind. When everything I was growing was flowering the entire house smelled of weed. But I couldn’t smell it unless I left the house for a while and came back. I’m lucky because I’m in a legal state but knowing what I know now I wouldn’t risk it if I wasn’t. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, it's not a risk, it's a certainty that the smell will be  very apparent in flowering. There is zero chance the smell won't be an issue without a filter. And, that's 24/7.

And even a filter is no guarantee since every time you open the tent the smell will get loose.

Back
Top Bottom