Smokewitme's 1st Time - Soil - Indoor - Critical Hog/Alien OG/FY9 - 2016 Grow Journal

smokewitme

:welcome:
Okay so first time grower(Noob) here could really use some help along the way. right now my light schedule is 18/6
i'm using some lights i had in the house because i have to install a new 240v breaker for the lights i bought. (should of got the 120v i know :blunt:) I'm hoping its not messing with the future growth of my plants though i believe it is. Hopefully they will be alright until the weekend.

So some things i need help on
- How Long till i can feed it nutes (pics will be posted of what i have )
-I fear they might be over stretching and getting to Linky so to speak What should i do (pics will be posted)

(Will add to this list, can't think of my other questions/problems atm)

Any and all advice/critique will be appreciated Thank you. :thanks:

Strains - Fy9 / Alien OG / Critical Hog

Fy9-hybrid-Indica(25) Sativa(75)

Critical Hog- indica

Alien OG - hybrid

Stage - Veg. just sprouted 3 days ago

Soil - Fox Farm Ocean forest

Pots - not sure what i have them in now but i plan on Transfering to 5 Gal pots

Lights - x2 Sun System 315w LEC. not using yet have to put in a 240v breaker this weekend, so i just grabbed some lamps (lol) hopefully its ot hurting them to bad, though i think it is.

All pics will be here in a few hours when i get off work.

Re: Smokewitme's 1st time Soil Indoor Grow, Critical hog/Alien og/fy9 2016 Grow jour

Hey Smoke,
Glad to help!
About the light: Just make sure that you have even a single cfl (preferably of the higher kelvin, although for three day you should be ok with every visible light i reckon) above you seedlings, a couple of inches away, until you fix your electricity.
If they already stretched too much and they need support that you can use a pipe cleaner or a split toothpick, or something similar to support it from the side.
You can also try to cover some of the stem with more soil.

About the feeding, I am not really familiar with ocean forrest, as they dont sell it around here, but it all depends if the soil already holds nutrients. From my understanding the OF soil should hold enough nutes to keep the plant going through the seedling stage (2-3 weeks).
Anyway it is not really recommended to start feeding much earlier then that.
After a few weeks you can start introducing light veg nutes in 1\4 to 1\2 strength of the recommended dosage by the manufacturer and increase it lightly one feeding at a time, of course you need to be attentive to the plants when doing so.

I hope I helped you a bit
Looks like you have got some nice strains to play with.
I wish you good luck!
oh,, and SUBBED:thumb:

Re: Smokewitme's 1st Time - Soil - Indoor - Critical Hog/Alien OG/FY9 - 2016 Grow Jou

IMG_0023_2_.jpg
IMG_0015255.jpg
IMG_013541.jpg
IMG_013444.jpg
IMG_013348.jpg
IMG_013052.jpg
IMG_012550.jpg
IMG_012846.jpg
IMG_012943.jpg
IMG_012455.jpg
IMG_012355.jpg
IMG_011851.jpg
IMG_011751.jpg

geen = Fy9

Red = Critical Hog

Blue = Alien OG

Re: Smokewitme's 1st Time - Soil - Indoor - Critical Hog/Alien OG/FY9 - 2016 Grow Jou

Quick update: they look a lot better now that I have the proper light running how ever I am concerned about some slight discoloring on some of the leaves. Also going to be transplanting them into bigger pots today after work, if anyone has any advice or links on the best/recommended way of doing it that would be greatly appreciated :thumb: .

I will be posting some pics after work or right now if I can do it with my phone

hey Jimbory sorry about the late reply, my temps vary from 70f-89f 89f was the highest i have seen it don't know what rh means humidity maybe? lol highest humidity has been 43%max and the lowest its went is like 20% just found a way to increase humidity without a humidifier.

I had a question also i want to them to be about 3-4ft is growing them in 3gal air pots ok? also will post some current pics of what they look like shortly.

Hey Smoke, RH means relative humidity, its relative because it depends on the temperature, the higher the temperature is, the more water that the air can hold so the % changes.
Your girls look so beautiful! They look like they are very happy, so keep doing what you are doing.
I don't think that there's going to be a problem with those pots supporting 3-4 feet plants, although you might find yourself wishing that they were in bigger pots as they will be very thirsty when they get bigger. As a rule of thumb it is about a gallon for a month, however the more soil the more roots, and the more roots the more it is going to give top side too. With Airpots it is supposed to be different, I'v read that they are supposed to work for big plants even in smaller sizes, cant really say why, I still think that the more roots the better..... I am using 4.5 gallon pots ta the moment, so I am kind of stretching it also, as they had a two month veg period, and one of my girls is a Haze. Mine are just ordinary pots though, but I made sure to created enough holes in them.
Take care, and come take a look in my thread...:Namaste:

no worries about the snap was told it will be fine i messed up on taping it but hopefully it will heal it self and continue to grow great.

i have some new concerns maybe someone can help me out. leafs are yellowing, and on some spots looking burnt i think its nute burn because this did not pop up until after the last feeding when i added more nutes to the feed not full strength but close to. if some one can confirm that would be great for my conscience. Thank you in advance. :Namaste:

yeah the little guy is dead i think but i feed it just plain water with a ph of 6.4 i still have hope for it :cheer:

so i've been growing them from sprout since 2/21/16 was curious how long i should continue vegging i was planning on swtiching to flower at the end of this month but that's only if they are healthy and i want them to be at least 2ft tall before i start the flowering stage but they don't seem like they are getting taller. id appreciate your opinion on this matter. :Namaste:

hey jimbory i see you're doing a scrog grow currently is it to late to start a scrog on my babies? im doing research but gotta get up early so i have to force myself to get off this site or ill be up all night haha your opinion would be great :thanks::Rasta:

Nutrient burn starts at the tip of the leaf and if not dealt with will spread up the leaf. Yours is starting mid leaf. I'd be tempted to check you pH. You mentioned 6.4ph. This seems a little high. Personally I aim for 6.0 when using hydro to combat nitrogen lock out.
As for vegging length that's up to you. How many plants in what space?
The plant you snapped, I think you mentioned you wanted to mother it, will stop growing as tall and start growing outways.

Back
Top Bottom