Smokewitme's 1st Time - Soil - Indoor - Critical Hog/Alien OG/FY9 - 2016 Grow Journal

Re: Smokewitme's 1st Time - Soil - Indoor - Critical Hog/Alien OG/FY9 - 2016 Grow Jou

Nutrient burn starts at the tip of the leaf and if not dealt with will spread up the leaf. Yours is starting mid leaf. I'd be tempted to check you pH. You mentioned 6.4ph. This seems a little high. Personally I aim for 6.0 when using hydro to combat nitrogen lock out.
As for vegging length that's up to you. How many plants in what space?
The plant you snapped, I think you mentioned you wanted to mother it, will stop growing as tall and start growing outways.

Thanks for dropping by! :thumb: i will lower it to 6.0ph and see how it goes, i'v read that for soil 6.5ph 6.0-7.0ph is fine but im definitely going to try lowering the ph and hope that fixes it.:thanks:

Re: Smokewitme's 1st Time - Soil - Indoor - Critical Hog/Alien OG/FY9 - 2016 Grow Jou

Ah are you using soil? I thought you were using clay pebbles.

Hey there brother
are you using a cal mag nute? i had several symptoms as a result of not enough cal mag.
As for scrog, I don't think it is too late, you can place a net on top of them and start weaving, however, if you have smaller plants, then they might never reach the net before its flowering time. I would suggest to plan for it next time, and for this grow just carry on the way you are.
As for the ph, DO NOT lower it to 6.0. A ph of 6.5 Should be perfect. I also recommend putting a sticky trap just in case, and I also recommend using a neem oil solution as a preventative.
Good luck brother!

Hey there brother
are you using a cal mag nute? i had several symptoms as a result of not enough cal mag.
As for scrog, I don't think it is too late, you can place a net on top of them and start weaving, however, if you have smaller plants, then they might never reach the net before its flowering time. I would suggest to plan for it next time, and for this grow just carry on the way you are.
As for the ph, DO NOT lower it to 6.0. A ph of 6.5 Should be perfect. I also recommend putting a sticky trap just in case, and I also recommend using a neem oil solution as a preventative.
Good luck brother!

yeah im using a cal-mag and ill keep the ph at 6.5 then and like what kind of sticky trap? im also going to purchase some neem oil today

its looking pretty grim in my grow room right now not sure how to deal with what's going on with the plants so any advice right now is helpful even a link telling me where to look, will post pics of the plants in a second. Pretty much what I need is a way to figure out the actual problem because all the research I've been doing it seems like it could be multiple things or just one thing that shows all the symptoms of other things. Not to sure if that made sense lol will go over it later, im currently at work.

Oh and they needed water today so I gave them plain tap water that I let sit for about a day and made sure the ph was 6.5 was thinking of doing a flush for a week and see if anything changes but not sure if that's a good idea because if it's lacking something then a flush would hurt it more then help it right?

I ran into a similar problem, I'm a new grower as well. Leaves were yellow, starting from the tip, others had spots. Some leaves were turning light/bright green, almost aqua color. The list of possibly deficiencies are endless, and they all have the same symptoms. Then I read an article that said if you are putting too much nutrients in can cause a deficiency in another nutrient, and chasing that may cause another deficiency and so on. It said the most common is too much nutrients causing a cal-mag deficiency. The solution from the article was to flush the plant with distilled water for a week or so, each watering make sure that 20% of the water is running off and removed, and then start adding half nutrients and build back up to more nutrients. I tried it and it worked. Maybe I was using too much nutrients and they built up to cause a cal-mag deficiency? Anyway, I'd try flushing and removing affected leaves. If that doesn't work you can always add more nutrients and chase deficiencies down the road.

I ran into a similar problem, I'm a new grower as well. Leaves were yellow, starting from the tip, others had spots. Some leaves were turning light/bright green, almost aqua color. The list of possibly deficiencies are endless, and they all have the same symptoms. Then I read an article that said if you are putting too much nutrients in can cause a deficiency in another nutrient, and chasing that may cause another deficiency and so on. It said the most common is too much nutrients causing a cal-mag deficiency. The solution from the article was to flush the plant with distilled water for a week or so, each watering make sure that 20% of the water is running off and removed, and then start adding half nutrients and build back up to more nutrients. I tried it and it worked. Maybe I was using too much nutrients and they built up to cause a cal-mag deficiency? Anyway, I'd try flushing and removing affected leaves. If that doesn't work you can always add more nutrients and chase deficiencies down the road.

Hey there twobird thanks for dropping by and giving some advice It's greatly appreciated, I just started flushing yesterday and I'm hoping that helps some of the problems go away, although I don't think we have the exact same problem because mine is starting in the middle but there are some leaves that are getting really light in color that sounds similar so I'm hoping that flushing for a week does help we will just have to wait and see. I'm hoping that's all it is my biggest fear is bugs lol although I haven't seen any yet.

And as always I look forward to your reply and hope you continue to follow my grow and help when you can :Namaste:

image36779.JPG
image210033.JPG
image101471.jpeg

will post updates tomorrow was told they look a little better find that hard to believe as ive only just started the flush (at work right now get off in 6hrs)

The first two are exactly how some of my leaves looked, I think it's chlorosis, definitely remove. The third picture looks really similar to my yellowing leaves but I don't think any got that bad before I cut them off. If you've been giving it plenty of nutrients to this point, flushing it definitely can't hurt it.

So they aren't looking so bad now will post a pic of them As a whole in just a second, been giving then distilled water for the past 3 watering some of the leaves still yellow, I think it's a nutrient deficiency because the growth of them has kinda stopped. I plan to start giving them nutes at 1/2 of the recommended dosage and see what happens. The weird thing is the last plant I transplanted is thriving and it was root bound and underwatered but I put it into a 5 gal instead of a 3 gal and it's at least 3-4in taller then the rest keeping in mind that the other were already about 12" tall when i transplanted it, crazy it's been on the same exact feed as the others

So I'm pretty sure I've figured out what it is, I think it's root rot it's not bad yet so I'm going to try and treat it it seems like it's just at the tips of the roots that are coming out the bottom of the plant if anyone has any suggestions on what to use that would be great, been doing a lot of reading and so far I'm thinking about trying cannazyme I think that's hat it was called. Although I'm not sure on if I should spray the roots at the bottom with something or put it in from the top of the soil

so im at the end of week 3 and just seen that i have thrips, what should i do been doing some reading but havent really found out if spraying azamax during flowering will ruin the end product if any one knows what i should do please let me know. will be on all day doing research on what to do. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom