Snow & Ice Lights Out

maddad56

What is the normal thing to do when you lose power for 4-5 hrs? Getting ready for a mid west winter and we lose power in the back-40 a lot. Should I just wait untill power comes back and reset timer and finish day, or leave lights off and start over at 6am when roosters crow.
:roorrip:thanks for your comments

Veg or flower? Digital timer or analog?

Happens to us here too. I just turn the dial on my timer to the right time and carry on with my normal light timing. Right now 8:30 pm -8:30 am.

I don't like digital timers 'cause when they lose power I have to find the instructions to get the thing reset. To many gadgets around here that need resetting every time the power blinks.

:peace:

Thanks LabRat, yeah my timers are all analog, I was more concernd about the effects on the plants being dark for a couple of hrs then lights back on.

Thanks LabRat, yeah my timers are all analog, I was more concernd about the effects on the plants being dark for a couple of hrs then lights back on.

Like User says you could have flowering plants turn hermie on you if it happens very often but an occasional power loss shouldn't cause them to turn and it won't bother vegging plants.

I'm more concerned about freezing so I bought a propane powered Mr. Heater years ago and have had to use it three times so far.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom