So confused!

Heck yeah smoke wings .. we whore the front cover off of a Zappa LP shaken the seed out of that Mexican.For every oz you would get a third of a baggie seed... But ya Hikitty, plant those seeds,,sex them before you put them out in your garden..when you buy Fem. seed there’s no guarantee you will get all Female plants. Sex them or keep a close eye when summer turns to fall. I’ll bet you will get some good plants out of your own seed stock ...

Why waist a whole summer grow on bag seeds, WTF. Get some feminized seed and know your plant will be female, not male and know what the plant is. I have just completed a season with 4 strains outdoors, no males (again) and good stock makes for good year. In over 5 years of buying feminized seed's, I have yet to be surprised with anything but female. I see many times that you will not get females from writers here, they are all blowing smoke up your tailpipe.

Why waist a whole summer grow on bag seeds, WTF. Get some feminized seed and know your plant will be female, not male and know what the plant is. I have just completed a season with 4 strains outdoors, no males (again) and good stock makes for good year. In over 5 years of buying feminized seed's, I have yet to be surprised with anything but female. I see many times that you will not get females from writers here, they are all blowing smoke up your tailpipe.
What’s wrong with practicing with free bag seed? I’d be upset if I spent $50+ on seeds and ruined them.
If it was nice when I got it from my friends and they germinate, wouldn’t it make a nice product if properly grown, even if I don’t know the strain?
I dropped 10 bag seed this year and got 1 male.

Yep it happens..last two years 1 in 8 have been male... I have grown loads of bag seed back in the day,, all you have to do is sex them before you put them out..

That’s the part I don’t quite get. Seems you guys are sexing your plants WAY earlier than I am. When would you say the earliest it’s possible? I think someone told me they could tell by looking at the SEEDS if they’re male or female 😯
And can anyone tell me the most reliable feminized seed site? I’m kinda losing faith w seedsman 😕

If you find a male plant you don’t quarantine it...You kill it...unless you want seeds. The pollen will stick to your clothes...it will get air borne and you could even end up screwing with your neighbours down the road.. that sh** can travel a long way... For god sakes KILL IT

That’s the part I don’t quite get. Seems you guys are sexing your plants WAY earlier than I am. When would you say the earliest it’s possible? I think someone told me they could tell by looking at the SEEDS if they’re male or female 😯
And can anyone tell me the most reliable feminized seed site? I’m kinda losing faith w seedsman 😕
Check out niagra seed bank iv had great experience with them always good seed u can sex ur plant at the 5th node or u can sex the seed by looking at the butt end will have a perfect volcano in the end if a male will have a nipple in that volcano

The seed thing is a myth. For photo plants you can take a cutting after 5th node & just put it in water, under 12/12 to check sex

Plant seeds in March...13 hrs of light ( I just do it in my sun room with 3hrs supplemental light ) ..in April cut back to 12 . Usually the female will show first ( mark or set aside) do not go beyond 13 to 14 hours or the plants will have a harder time going back to veg...when you put them out in May..should see 13to 14 hrs daylight and they will go back to veg

Spend the money on Feminized seeds for your great grow next year. One out of eight being male maybe once in a while, 4/5 out of eight would be what is normal, but march to your own drum. All I can do is shake my head, I only get one time to harvest per year, But I am old and used to do that bag seed thing and ruined many crops. But you will learn, you will learn. Spend the fifty on up to several hundred dollars and become your own hero.

Nothing wrong with bag seed if you take the time to sex your plants, before putting them out.! I have had many a good crop by doing Just that,, in the past long before the advent of “”Feminized “” seed it was the only way to ensure a successful gorilla grow .. Although I now buy “”Feminized “” There is no such thing as 100% the odds of a male or hermaphrodite is still there .. Though hermi is usually a stress factor.. If it was still possible to get $240 an oz. and we were growing 6-700 plants a season And getting 800 $ a 1/4 pound. And it was killer weed , contrary too popular belief there are only 3 types of marijuana, Now you may cross them, Hybrid them, and add sprinkles if you like. It still goes back to genetics . And all though they have increased the THC a bit, it is still just marijuana!! We were growing “ “”The hash plant “” back then that was every bit as good as it is today... I wouldn’t hesitate to sow a thousand “ bag” seeds and sex them out ..it was the only way it could be done before “Feminized “ seed was even a thing.. Those were the days my friend-we thought they’d never end.. I for one was not pleased with the legalization . Through a wrench into everything..

You put out a 1,000 bag seeds in a plot, and you are trying to tell me that when you sexed them you got every male out of that plot. I say bullshit. I guess that is why it was always seedy, low, quality stuff. I am not saying that the original female seed was not good but when that one male sneaks in, it throws a big wrench in the plan. I have been there to many times. Yes 6-700 plants a season, or a bit different, but it was always a gorilla grow, real deal. Out in a corn field to plant, back twice more starting Mid-August to sex, then back in Oct for harvest. No petting time. Now just twice in the corn, to plant and to harvest, how simple is that. As this is an illegal state still. I just don't see the chance that I will plant anything other than Feminized ever again.

Not in the plot.. all plants were sexed and then moved to the plots.. and we visited our plots once a week. It was 7 days a week . 60 -100 per plot, Full time job and a heck of a lot of work.. Now you can cry Bullshit all you like,, I’m just telling you the way we ran our grow... so

It you are growing in a corn field you are going to end up in 3 situations :: 1 your going to get ripped off,, 2 your going to get found by the farmers,,3 you’re going to get busted,, have you ever seen a corn field from the air? Back in my day it was called a helicopter ,, nowadays they have drones, cops, farms, and recreational users, now I don’t know what the laws are in your state for cultivation , But I bet its not good, American States seem to like having their jails full.. I would imagine its a felony?? Just say’n

Anyway Hikitty as I mentioned Before its a simple thing, once your plants are about 12” Tall ( about the end of April if you seed in in the end of February). put them in a 12/12 cycle,, as soon as you see the two white hairs move them out and back to a 13.5 or 14 hour light,, Don’t exceed this ,, because in May when you put them out there is only 14 hours of daylight and getting longer,, the plants will hardly miss a beat .. if you see any male plants gently remove and destroy ( rap in plastic and in the garbage) get them miles away from your grow ..! If you’re vigilant the males won’t have time to open . In May put them in their spot the days are getting longer and they just revert to veg.. you have hardly messed with their hormones at all.. Just remember as soon as you see the sex get them out of the 12/12

I guess we will differ on growing styles, rarely do I lose any to farmers, cops or drones. It has been 3 years since anything came up missing. Corn fields is the way to go for me, U must have some wide-open areas to grow 60 in a field, wow. I plant 10 per field. I hope the best for you, but I have been doing this for some time also, and to sex them before placing them outdoors would be a task and prone to failure. But you did it, as you say, congratulations.

Never grew in a field Per se , more like meadows , small open areas in a forest with nice southern exposure, a couple of plots on the edge of beaver pond and some on pipe line cuts 3 or 4 on some abandoned farm acreages that the popular trees were reclaiming .. Its Canada man ,, wide open and more back roads than you shake a stick at,, wish you nothing but the best my fellow grower.. stay low and think like a ninja 🥷

Back
Top Bottom