So confused!

HiKitty18

420 Member
I've been growing outdoors in the ground for six years. I really try to keep it simple but every year I'm forced to keep learning. :/
This year I'm more confused than ever. I started with 22 seeds, seven strains. First issue was two male plants from "feminized" seeds from Seedsman. Quarantined one, trashed one.
Second issue: some of the plants started looking funny. As in, they had seeds. Noticed this in maybe half of the of the plants. The buds are mostly big and tight and lovely. But dig down in the buds and you'll find seeds. Lots of seeds.
I'm not going to throw away my whole harvest, but I have no idea what to do with the buds. Trimming is a PITA but what else can I do? A loss of potency is OK compared to no crop at all. I'm still a week or two from harvest so I'm not sure if all the plants have seeds or not. I've read I should forget trying to grow the seeds from these plants. Is that right?
AND, my labels faded over the summer so I'm not exactly sure which strain is which anymore. And I'm imagining seeds where there are none. AND, the last thing, it seems the scent of most of the buds is weak. I can smell them when I walk by and it's windy but then I'll sniff a bud and it's blah.
So:
What are my plants called? Male? Hermaphrodites?
How did it happen?
Can I harvest, trim and cure as usual?
Are seeds a deal breaker or not? I've read SO many conflicting opinions.
Here are photos of a bud from a Durban Poison plant. One shot where the seeds are hidden and another where they are more obvious. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

IMG-3782.jpg

IMG-3783.jpg

IMG-3784.jpg

I've been growing outdoors in the ground for six years. I really try to keep it simple but every year I'm forced to keep learning. :/
This year I'm more confused than ever. I started with 22 seeds, seven strains. First issue was two male plants from "feminized" seeds from Seedsman. Quarantined one, trashed one.
Second issue: some of the plants started looking funny. As in, they had seeds. Noticed this in maybe half of the of the plants. The buds are mostly big and tight and lovely. But dig down in the buds and you'll find seeds. Lots of seeds.
I'm not going to throw away my whole harvest, but I have no idea what to do with the buds. Trimming is a PITA but what else can I do? A loss of potency is OK compared to no crop at all. I'm still a week or two from harvest so I'm not sure if all the plants have seeds or not. I've read I should forget trying to grow the seeds from these plants. Is that right?
AND, my labels faded over the summer so I'm not exactly sure which strain is which anymore. And I'm imagining seeds where there are none. AND, the last thing, it seems the scent of most of the buds is weak. I can smell them when I walk by and it's windy but then I'll sniff a bud and it's blah.
So:
How did it happen?
Here are photos of a bud from a Durban Poison plant. One shot where the seeds are hidden and another where they are more obvious. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

IMG-3782.jpg

IMG-3783.jpg

IMG-3784.jpg
Good afternoon @HiKitty18 sorry about your girls.
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
The male you kept pollinated your girls.
Or one in the area.
You can let the buds mature harvest them and make concentrates.
Oil or butter.
It's smokeable but not very good.
Seeds pop like popcorn, crap.
So concentrates.
If you need anything else let me know.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hello @HiKitty18 :welcome:

If you had flowers and pollen sacs on the same plant, that's a hermie
But since you had some males in there, most likely they threw out some pollen
You can still salvage the smoke - not so long ago most weed was packed with seeds - just pop 'em all out, don't smoke them, they are horrid; won' be premium Sensi but it'll still do the job
There's a good chance the seeds might produce good plants, the bugger is that you won't know until you grow them, so most people don't bother

Good afternoon @HiKitty18 sorry about your girls.
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
The male you kept pollinated your girls.
Or one in the area.
You can let the buds mature harvest them and make concentrates.
Oil or butter.
It's smokeable but not very good.
Seeds pop like popcorn, crap.
So concentrates.
If you need anything else let me know.

Stay safe
Sadly I have a couple that have seeded to. How can I still use these fur medicine? Was hoping to make rso but I'm not sure I still can

You can still salvage the smoke - not so long ago most weed was packed with seeds - just pop 'em all out, don't smoke them, they are horrid; won' be premium Sensi but it'll still do the job
There's a good chance the seeds might produce good plants, the bugger is that you won't know until you grow them, so most people don't bother
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Sadly I have a couple that have seeded to. How can I still use these fur medicine? Was hoping to make rso but I'm not sure I still can
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Sure. Judging by those great photos you have a decent garden and only a few more weeks till harvest. Having a few seeds is no deal breaker. Some of us have seen much worse.:)

Many of us remember those days in the 70s and 80s when we had our own little contraptions for sifting the seeds out of a baggie of weed we just bought. Some used album covers or shoe boxes or built a 'custom box' out of a cereal box. Dump the weed on one end and start turning it over with a playing card. Just like the good 'ole days;). There were so many seeds we joked about only getting 3/4 oz out an ounce baggie.

Now a days most of us will run the cured buds through a grinder. I grind up enough for a couple joints and for the occasional time when I have a plant with a few seeds that is when I pull them out.

It was so cool to have those little holes in your shirts.
Part of a secret code and it was mostly people of our age who recognized what was being said ;). I remember walking into the office at a small landscape company to ask for a job. While the guy is asking me a few questions I noticed two small holes in his otherwise really nice summer shirt. Worked for him for many years and ended up running the place when he became to ill to work.

Sorry about that my friend.
You can still make rso.
You just use more pot per gram of oil produced.
What method do you use?

Stay safe

So:
How did it happen?

IMG-3782.jpg

IMG-3783.jpg

IMG-3784.jpg
As you said you kept one male, that could have easily pollened your whole crop. Also, with legalization more & more people are growing outside. So, it's getting harder to grow outside without getting seeds. Pollen can travel up to 1/2mile with insects

You could grow the seeds, but they will be male & female plants & as you said you no longer know what strains are what.

Sometimes mystery crosses can turn out to be good, but best to experiment with when you have a good supply

You can still smoke it, make hash, make butter or oil out of it, although it will be of less quality smoking & a bit of a pain to remove the seeds
Harvest, trim & cure as you normally would

Once pollened the plants put their energy into making seeds & send less to trichome production, because they got what they wanted in life (to reproduce)

Sorry about that my friend.
You can still make rso.
You just use more pot per gram of oil produced.
What method do you use?

Stay safe
This will be our first try at making our own.
We're in Oklahoma which is a medical state so it is tested and easily obtained for a reasonable price.
The last couple years we've not grown enough to sacrifice it for medicine. This year I want to try especially since I know the quality could be so much better than what we are used to.
I've done so much research I'm really confused as to which method to try.
My wife wouldn't walk, would require all sorts of breathing meds, blood pressure, etc. I wouldn't have the quality of life without chemical poisons the doctors call quality of life meds after bladder/ prostate surgery at 43. Rso is amazing and I have lots of real life anecdotes most people don't believe.

This will be our first try at making our own.
We're in Oklahoma which is a medical state so it is tested and easily obtained for a reasonable price.
The last couple years we've not grown enough to sacrifice it for medicine. This year I want to try especially since I know the quality could be so much better than what we are used to.
I've done so much research I'm really confused as to which method to try.
My wife wouldn't walk, would require all sorts of breathing meds, blood pressure, etc. I wouldn't have the quality of life without chemical poisons the doctors call quality of life meds after bladder/ prostate surgery at 43. Rso is amazing and I have lots of real life anecdotes most people don't believe.
I use RSO daily.
It changed my life.
Wonderful stuff.
I'm making my own this fall.
I'm sure there a a few recipes here if you need one.
Let me know.
Hope your having a good day.
Sorry to hear of all your ailments. :Namaste:

Stay safe

I use RSO daily.
It changed my life.
Wonderful stuff.
I'm making my own this fall.
I'm sure there a a few recipes here if you need one.
Let me know.
Hope your having a good day.
Sorry to hear of all your ailments. :Namaste:

Stay safe
I owe a big thanks to mr Simpson as he opened our eyes to the amazing power of this oil. My wife and I use it daily both internally and topically every day. Amazing stuff.
I know it's good since our doctor is baffled and can't prescribe us any drugs.
Any easy good recipes for a newbie? We use RSO for daily health, dabs for real pain and flower to relax and enjoy life.

I saw where in Michigan, a legal state to have hold and grow, a Michigan State Policeman living in a city setting with most neighbors growing a garden of smoke. He is also growing, he chopped down any females he has and grows only male plants to maturity. I saw photos of his grow around his fenced yard. Talk about a kick to the nuts for all his neighbors.

I saw where in Michigan, a legal state to have hold and grow, a Michigan State Policeman living in a city setting with most neighbors growing a garden of smoke. He is also growing, he chopped down any females he has and grows only male plants to maturity. I saw photos of his grow around his fenced yard. Talk about a kick to the nuts for all his neighbors.
I have heard this before but still have not been able to find any reference article or any info on it happening in Michigan.

So:
How did it happen?

IMG-3782.jpg

IMG-3783.jpg

IMG-3784.jpg
Keep ur harvist I'm not sure about the seed comeong off her one. Way to find out is to grow.one.sometimes iv gottin good.seed.out buds like.that never no I would love to.get to.look.at the seed.up.close.I could tell.you what there going to.be I'm not always right tho

Back
Top Bottom