So I've messed up a bit - Help me out guys

ElVerdeDiablo

Hey guys, first time grower here! posted some stuff a while back, but since starting the journey of my first hydroponic grow ive fucked some shit up haha, and hoping you guys can help me rectify, explain some stuff to me, and if need be give me instructions to restart my grow properly!

So here is the story:
Started my grow with 5 seeds, - alpujarrena is the strain.
Of these 5 seeds, 4 successfully Germinated.

These four plants where transfered to my grow box, all looking healthy enough , when they where about 3 inches tall, and had roots starting to reach the bottom of the rockwool cubes they where planted in.

Things where going well, i added a small amount of nutrients to the water, and the plants continued to grow. then about 4-5 days later i added some more nutrients, however i didn't measure them, just went of a guess and put a full bottle cap of GH nutrients "grow" in the water and half a cap of bloom and micro.

The result of this was burning my smallest plant to a crisp over night, causing 2nd degree nutrient burns two my two medium sized plants, however my largest plant seemed 2 thrive from this!

Now i know i need to be more carefull with nutrients and i am going to get a proper dosing list sorted out and keep it with my nutrients so i don't over do it. i do check ph however and it was sitting on 7 or just over, which i'm pretty sure is okay right?

I topped up my reservoir with clean water in an effort to dilute the nutrients and it seemed to work, the burns stopped spreading, my good plant kept growing and the others started to heal!

another week later growth has continued, my main plant is thriving and the other two are slowly but steadily catching up! at this point i rinsed out my resovoiur and added neuts again.

The next day i noticed wilting in my best plant, however the other two plants seemed healthier then ever.

Now its about 2 days later and my plant that was going really well is a dried wilted mess, pretty fucked up! ill attach a photo to this post.. however the other two plants have shown no sign of damaged and are growing really well.

This has confused me?
maybe some help if possible?

My other concern is that i think i might have a fungus which is also fucking with my plants, but it could be a mineral deposit in the rockwool or something? im not sure photo will also be attatched.. another observation is that the plants stems are showing damaged near the bottom, photo will also be attatched.

Im just looking for some thoughts and opinions on all of this, im thinking about maybe cloning my healthiest plant, but cloning it right down to the point where it probably wouldnt survive and starting again with 4 clones and careful neutrient application and taking care to avoid whatever is causing this damage!

if people could also tell me what they thought of that idea that would be great! let me post these photos and then get back at me with your thoughts?

Sorry if this post is a bit lackluster i feel rough as i saw faithless live last night, was wicked!! :) anyway heres pictures and all help would be appreciated!

IMG_030743.jpg

In this top photo, you can see damage to stem as mentioned.

IMG_030641.jpg

This photo is the stuff thats growing on my rockwool and i think is a fungus but could eb minerals, in a little pile that i removed from the rockwool

IMG_030541.jpg

In this photo you can seee the mineral/fungus on the rockwool itself.

IMG_030442.jpg

this is a photo of my plants, the one in the foreground used to be my winning ticket, but as you can see is all fucked up now, the two in the background are healthier for now, by a mile, but where damaged by my first neut burn as mentioned above..

IMG_030344.jpg

Why did this happen to my lovely? :( :)

If more photos or info is needed please ask and i shall provide!

i know ive fucked up and i want your brutal honesty on things ive done halfheartedly and practises i should partake in to avoid this!

Peace and love to all of yous n all your buds :* :)

The nutrient mix in hydro is pretty, like, um .... like when I'm making my water I pretend I'm in science class LOL I got graduated measuring things to get things right down to the mL.

I use the same nutrients you do, I think, the General Hydroponics FloraMicro, FloraGro, FloraBloom?

I use it at roughly 25% strength after the first week of life for about the first 2-4 weeks then use it at about 33% strength. Never mix stronger than 50% of what they recommend.

In 5 gallons of water, for plants your size, in other words, I'd put in - it's 3:winkyface:1 in the beginning right? - 15 mL gro, 10 mL micro, 5 mL bloom, 10 mL Hydroguard, 5mL rapidstart, and 10 mL CaMg (my water sucks) - which should be around 800 PPM which is all you really want until the plant is old enough to take up to and probably never over 1200 PPM - adjust accordingly to your water hardness (mine's about 110) (after preflowers appear, I add KoolBloom to the mix also)

There are things I cannot do without - my syringes to measure my nutrients exactly, my PPM tester, and my pH tester. Get good tools, and you'll thank yourself.

These plants do not like the pH to go over 6.0 or under 5.85, from what I've seen with mine. They don't like to overfeed (in hydro applications)

I don't use rock wool any more because I find it prone to getting fungus, which is what I think that is on yours. I am unfortunately unhelpful with that - sorry :/

My Tools:

perhaps maybe try placing a cloth soaked with h2o2(peroxide) over your rockwool to kill some of that fungus, and it seems like your one plant is overwatered from what I see.

Mmm i'm reasonable sure the damaged or blacken stem is caused by dampening off aka the rock wool cube is holding to much water for such a small plant... i suspect it is just a weak plant as the others appear fine.

The white stuff is more likely a salt build up from nutrients used even i get it with soil grows myself.

How ever light exposure to the surface of rock wool may cause green alga to appear & may need to cover the area with tin foil, white plastic or mylar etc

Yup ya really want to get some thing more precise for measuring your nutrients & i'm pretty sure most bottles of nutrients should have a dosage rate written on the label some where ! Start around 25% at first for small plants after afew weeks of veg 50% should be fine.

The stem problem looks like it's been too wet too long. Check your roots for rot also. Good advice above about nutrient concentrations. PH in hydro should be around 5.8 , a point or two drift either side is acceptable and encouraged, as in 5.7 to 6.1. I can't really tell from the photo but is it possible what is on the rw is a salt buildup from your nutrients?

Edit: I'm a slow typer, fuzzy beat me to it. :)

Thank you all for you help! highly appreciated! i know i need to be more careful with my neuts and that im just being lazy.. but u know what its like when mary got ya ;) but ill get some syringes and start measuring up those neuts properly! How can i avoid over exposure to water in the rockwool cubes? :) and i was thinking salts but anybody ever encountered a fungus that looks like this one? if it is a fungus? :)

Now i know i need to be more carefull with nutrients and i am going to get a proper dosing list sorted out and keep it with my nutrients so i don't over do it. i do check ph however and it was sitting on 7 or just over, which i'm pretty sure is okay right?

[/QUOT

No 7 is not oke

So your plant is probebly having some lock out ... I think best to do is replace water in res and go slow on the nuts putting in more is easyer than taking it out

Good luck man

Back
Top Bottom