So many choices, help me out.

JDJP

Well, Im only just starting my first grow with bag seed, but I can't stop thinking about choosing the look, taste/smell, and type of high with my next grow.

I have a 2x3x6 grow space, with CFLs and 400w HPS.

I have looked around some, but id like to get some advice on what I have concluded so far.

Im looking to do 3 different strains next grow, I have room for 6 plants max in my closet, so 2 of each.

First Id like something that is a pleasure to smoke, good fruity smell and taste, with an uppy high. Many people seem to enjoy blueberry?

second I want something that just looks crazy, I was thinking purple haze?, cause I saw some pictures, and Ive never seen anything like that before.

third, I would like something that is just super strong, so I can have friends come over, smoke it, and be floored by how strong it is, and me be like, "yeah, I grew that". The strongest Ive seen talked about is herijuana?

I have some time before I order the seeds, so Id like to know what you guys think of these choices, throw in others strains too...

also, I only have room for the 6 plants total, so I was going to try and get feminized sp? seeds

JD

Try Bogglegum or Sour Bubble from BOG seeds. IF you get can get your hands on any. Not a really expensive strain, awesome genetics, wonderful plants that produce fantastic end product. I really don't recommend blueberry, as she can be nute sensitive and hermie-prone and that's not a good idea for a beginner. And there is no such thing as a strain called Purple Haze, atleast a strain that really IS the real Purple Haze. And you sure as shit ain't gonna grow Original Haze in your closet.

Scroll through and read my post. People are very mininformed on Purple Haze. Real Purple Haze is simply a rare purple pheno of Original Haze. OH is top notch, but there's no difference other than color. There are breeders and dealers that will slap that namesake on there just to sell it.

Ok, I see what your saying, and thanks for the info, but the seeds are called purple haze, and like I said #2 I just want something that looks crazy, and those pictures looked pretty nuts.

JDJP said:
thanks for the advice, but what is this: Purple Haze Pics
If there is no "purple haze"?

That's great looking purple weed, but it's not THE purple haze. Sorry. Good luck finding some. I've got some BOG L.S.D. that turned REALLY purple, and it'll kick your ass too. His Grape Punch is really good too. VERY hard to get since BOG is out of business now.

Please keep us posted as to what you find.

Look at Jorge Cervantes Med Grow book...theres a pic of the real purple haze. 100% sativa no doubt.

Your final decisions should take into account of what type of plants you are growing. the last thing you want is to mix a 16 week sativa that grows to 12 feet in height before it's done with a indica that finishes in 6 weeks at 3 feet maximum. It would be a nightmare trying to keep the sativa under control while getting enough light to the indica. I'm not saying they can't be mixed, but a smart grower wouldn't. It's best to stay with simular plants when it comes to size and finishing times.

THats why Im asking for help.
I havn't looked into the seeds yet, so I don't know which are sativa or indica, what are the ones I named?

Well, the Original Haze (including the purple pheno) is 100% sativa. The ladies can grow to be VERY large, and can be overwhelming for a newbie. I forgot about your grow dimensions, so let me recommend some strains more suited to your needs. There is nothing wrong with the strains that I listed from BOG, but like akorn said BOG is out of business (very unfortunately). That's sad news to hear.

First of all, there are two main species of cannabis. Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa. Cannabis indica is typically found in it's natural environment in various parts of the Middle East, Morocoo, India, etc. and some parts of Africa. These are often considered 'hashplants' as they are very rich resin producers that make some of the best hash on Earth. The plants are typically short and bushy with wide fan leaves and flower earlier than a sativa. The buds of a cannabis indica are typically much more dense than that of a sativa, as well. The effects tend to be more 'narcotic' and sedative. Great for pain relief and relaxation rather than a day time smoke. This is pretty much what 'stoned' means, LOL. The next is Cannabis sativa. This plant grows in the more tropical regions of the world. Asia, South America, Africa, Mexico, Central America, you name it. They are typically taller (some pure sativa plants can grow as tall as 15+ feet), lankier, flower for a MUCH longer period of time and produce a cerebral, uppy high. Careful, someone that isn't used to smoking strong sativas can freak out from the effects. The effects can be very racey, and paranoia and anxiety can set in easily if you're not used to it. The Original Haze that I mentioned earlier is an intense 100% sativa plant. Smoking this stuff can make you think you smoked something other than herb. Kali Mist, pretty much any Haze, Durban Poison, Mexican and Colombian Gold (and red), etc are some good examples of mostly sativa strains. However, I must note that there are not many strains anymore that are 100% indica or sativa. Due to breeding, the great majority of strains are not pure. THis is not a bad thing. You just have to know what you're looking for in terms of effects, smell, taste, etc. I recommend that before you make a purchase, thoroughly research that strain as much as you possibly can. Make sure to do this on several sites to get varied opinions. Research the parentage of the particular strain that you're interested in. Know what you're getting and who you're getting it from and you will not be disappointed.

Belladonna - Paradise seeds. I have not grown this strain yet but have done tons of research and she is ideal for someone looking for a good strain that doesn't get very big. She is famous for having a 'trippy' high, it's considered unique among enthusiasts. I have seen many pics and she is a very beautiful plant, supposedly not getting over 2-3 feet tall, too.

Durga Mata - Paradise seeds. Another one with a so-called 'trippy' cerebral high. Heavy trich coverage. Oftentimes grows with one main cola so much easier to manage in a tight space. Grows to about 2-2 1/2 feet, finishes flowering in 60 days.

Sensi Star - various breeders. A plant famous for it's potency and stickiness. This would be the 'knock out' that you're looking for. Medicinal quality. Top shelf herb, but can be expensive.

Hindu Kush - various breeders. This is an authentic Kush from the Hindu Kush mountain range, not another 'cali kush'. A heavy smoker of good strains won't find this to be incredibly potent, but the buzz is very pleasant and for someone that is used to smoking commercial stuff (dont know if you are or not) this stuff will definitely put you on your ass. A wonderful, classic, old-school herb.

Masterlow - Mdanzig seeds and others. I don't have personal experience with this strain...yet :) However again I've done tons of research since the strain interested me so much and no one really seems to be disappointed at all considering it's Master Kush crossed with the controversially potent 'Lowryder'. The results, as grow and smoke reports go, is a short bushy plant that definitely leans more towards the Master Kush side of things. Very frosty, and doesn't grow much taller than 2 feet. Not a big yielder, that is one of the main concerns. I have heard of people pulling as much as 3oz off one plant, and I have heard of people pulling as little as a 1/4oz. Very newbie-friendly, although you have to watch for mold in the last couple weeks of flowering. Seems to be a very good strain all around for the newbie grower that has dimension limitations. The buzz isn't knock-out, but it's respectable.

Northern Lights - A classic. Many breeders have offerings of Northern Lights and various 'editions' as well as hybrids. I've grown out NL#5 and must say that it is some of the better stuff that I've smoked! Very easy to grow. Decent yielder, decent smoke overall and can be killer if you find the right plant.

Jack Herer - I honestly don't know much about her, but just know that she is a favorite of medical users for her pain relieving abilities. Many phenos are possible from what I've heard. You could get a short bushy Indica pheno or a lankier sativa one. I've heard many aficionados claim that a certain killer pheno is completely devastating. I need to do more research on this one, as it has me interested.

Back
Top Bottom