So you want to grow some pot eh?

Growing weed is an art, it takes a special person to be able to grow top shelf smoke, I'm willing to bet 9/10 people will try many times and never experience a real nugg of love! Heres the best advice I can give, hang around a grower for 2 yrs, study everything he does. Then spend 1 yr just reading EVERYTHING you can about growing, take a class in botany online or in a community college. Ok now go buy a tomato plant grow it in your house untill you at least get fist size mato's. Your almost there, save every dime you have and buy every thing again so you have back-ups for back-ups. Now your ready good luck;)

There is no "right" way or "wrong" way to grow.

Just grow.

And when you're done growing, grow some more.

Plant a seed in the ground.

How hard can it be?

Water it.

Watch it.

Let it be.

If it lives.

If it dies.

Whatever happens happens.

Hoo Hah

:)

Growing weed is an art, it takes a special person to be able to grow top shelf smoke, I'm willing to bet 9/10 people will try many times and never experience a real nugg of love! Heres the best advice I can give, hang around a grower for 2 yrs, study everything he does. Then spend 1 yr just reading EVERYTHING you can about growing, take a class in botany online or in a community college. Ok now go buy a tomato plant grow it in your house untill you at least get fist size mato's. Your almost there, save every dime you have and buy every thing again so you have back-ups for back-ups. Now your ready good luck;)

Hmmmmm.....
Growing weed is not an art.
Growing top shelf weed is.
Two different things.

I'm a new grower and yes you have to think of alot more than that. It's just for starters it took me at least 2 months to decide. But I'm disabled so yes I have time. Also a Jerry Rigger so were's that landfill at so i can go grab that fan! LMFAO
My_Garden_0012.JPG

Not as hard as you make it out to be, especially when your growing plants the way nature intended, Outdoors in the sun. As long as you can get a sprout going, I think it goes without saying that it is a "Weed" for a reason. It is a very versatile, adaptive, and vigorously growing plant. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to grow weed. Obviously a hydro medium requires more research, equipment, and money. However I think it goes w/out saying Outdoor trumps all. :). Pre-made Miracle grow and watering when required.. really not that hard.. But if your growing a massive indoor grow op, than of course it will take a lot of work... I am just saying that if your trying to grow a small amount of good meds for personal use, it's really not that hard as long as you monitor your plant. Outdoors is the only way to truly be one with the Universe =)

When I first decided to grow. I spent months reading online and doing research. I spent a week building my box ..... after getting all the stuff ...... before I even though about getting my first clone.

Well it seems that this thread is still getting some comments and helping some folks, glad to hear it! I look at it now and could add so much to it... I think I was pretty baked when I wrote it but it does cover the basics. I see some of you missed the point and have pointed out that you can grow in a closet... good to know! :p I will have to do another one of these posts because I am much smarter now! LMAO
If it helped even one person it was worth it.

Jonny

Well it seems that this thread is still getting some comments and helping some folks, glad to hear it! I look at it now and could add so much to it... I think I was pretty baked when I wrote it but it does cover the basics. I see some of you missed the point and have pointed out that you can grow in a closet... good to know! :p I will have to do another one of these posts because I am much smarter now! LMAO
If it helped even one person it was worth it.

Jonny
Well I am glad to share what I have learned and am on my way to a good winter experiment. Lucky for me, winters here are very mild and having just moved all my grow into one room I will be interested to see if I can control the environment to produce the results I am after. I :love:experimenting!:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Well, I got to say, cool thread! I never had any illusions about how hard/easy this was going to be, and growing (legally) has always been a dream of mine. So, now that I'm getting started, yeah, gotta tell ya, you hit the nail on the head! I ordered the Master of Grow, Jorge Cervante's Grow Bible (2006 edition) and just can't get enough of the information available on the web. Hell, that's why I'm on 420 Mag!! But getting to the point, I KNOW I have a LOT to Learn!!! I'm starting with a T5 fixture, and saving enough money in the next month to get the proper HDS light to flower when the T5 will no longer put out the amount of lumens necessary to get a good yield. But as for ventilation, nutrient & water schedules, temperature control, and last but not least, Security, I have a LOT of work cut out for me!! I see this now that the ball is rolling and the room is underway (being built). But as for my results so far, well, my grow journal will tell you all about that. I feel very confident, I don't give up, and my Wife is depending on my for some top of the line med's. So. Onward and Upward!!!! But as stated in this thread to start, It's not a good hobby for those that cannot dedicate themselves to it completely. This I'm finding true!

Dude, Monkeeboy! Are you serious!? I mean, don't you need that for the waste water in your house!? I'd imagine it would have to be a good sized pipe to handle the pressure and still be able to function the way it already does. This sounds like it could backfire to have some consequences. I would be careful if I were you.

There is some great onfo out there about exausting through the sewer. Seems to be a sound idea. As long as the exaust always runs so sewer gas doesnt back up and must have pea traps on all drains. Some use the sewer stack as well. You would have to do some research on it.
Food for thought.

Jonny

i have a few grow room possibilities in my home. that sewer exhaust idea was one of 'em. and the reason i thought of it was because it is the last opening in the soil pipe before it exits my basement and out to the main sewer line. i would have used a backflow preventer had i gone that route, but have since reconsidered and began construction on a more secure location. my next grow is gonna be my first, so i'm trying to acquire as much knowledge and info from this wealth of talent i'm finding in these forums. this site is f***in' awesome. thank you, gentlemen (and ladies ?)

i have a few grow room possibilities in my home. that sewer exhaust idea was one of 'em. and the reason i thought of it was because it is the last opening in the soil pipe before it exits my basement and out to the main sewer line. i would have used a backflow preventer had i gone that route, but have since reconsidered and began construction on a more secure location. my next grow is gonna be my first, so i'm trying to acquire as much knowledge and info from this wealth of talent i'm finding in these forums. this site is f***in' awesome. thank you, gentlemen (and ladies ?)
YW! You are in the right place!:reading420magazine::welcome:

as a new member and growing newbie I certainly appreciate the advice. I have been gathering information for some time now and have tried to weigh out all the issues that i may run into along the way. From the very beginning this site has been an incredibly valuable resource and I thank all of you that strive to help others. Getting ready to grow my first strain very soon!....Northern Lights Autos.

Back
Top Bottom