Sohum Living Soil Review

jokerlola

I've been growing since 2018 after I was given some cannabis cuttings. I rooted those cuttings and was trying to decide which soil to grow in and I happen to drive by Sohum Living Soil's offices in Denver and it intrigued me so I went in to check them out. I wound up buying 2 bags and I had a pretty much error free, first time grow with using water only. My plants thrived and showed no deficiencies all the way to finish and the end result was excellent. I've grown in Sohum for the next 3 years and have done a side by side with half plants in Sohum and half plants in potting medium using nutrients. The nutrient plants did grow a little bigger but the quality wasn't as good. The one thing I need to give a shout out to is Sohum's customer service. They will respond quickly to any question or concern and they back up their product! They are a great company with great people!

I've been growing since 2018 after I was given some cannabis cuttings. I rooted those cuttings and was trying to decide which soil to grow in and I happen to drive by Sohum Living Soil's offices in Denver and it intrigued me so I went in to check them out. I wound up buying 2 bags and I had a pretty much error free, first time grow with using water only. My plants thrived and showed no deficiencies all the way to finish and the end result was excellent. I've grown in Sohum for the next 3 years and have done a side by side with half plants in Sohum and half plants in potting medium using nutrients. The nutrient plants did grow a little bigger but the quality wasn't as good. The one thing I need to give a shout out to is Sohum's customer service. They will respond quickly to any question or concern and they back up their product! They are a great company with great people!
I'm using it for my first time now. Doing a comparison grow just like you did to see the difference. So far the SoHum plant looks the healthiest. I like the simplicity of using it. I don't like the price. SoHum in Denver ? Hmmm, I thought So. Hum. stood for Southern Humboldt County ? I think I read that somewhere.

I'm using it for my first time now. Doing a comparison grow just like you did to see the difference. So far the SoHum plant looks the healthiest. I like the simplicity of using it. I don't like the price. SoHum in Denver ? Hmmm, I thought So. Hum. stood for Southern Humboldt County ? I think I read that somewhere.
The bags say: "Developed in Southern Humboldt County California, perfected in Northern Colorado. Their offices are in Denver CO.

just bought a pallet of sohum. in my last grow i did side by side with norther lights and another with dosidos the Sohum out preformed in both cases really good stuff.I am seventy five now and been at this since 1968 and it is getting harder and harder to mix my own soil mixes. it looks like i found a solution and you are correct their service people are very helpfull,

@jokerlola did you use all sohum in your pots or did you mix it with regular soil. I am getting ready to transplant my auto OG Kush in a week or so and I have Sohum. Was wondering if I should only use half a pot of sohum and the rest fill it with the Seedling soil I started the plant in.
That post is from last August so I don’t know if you’re going to be getting a response. CL🍀

@jokerlola did you use all sohum in your pots or did you mix it with regular soil. I am getting ready to transplant my auto OG Kush in a week or so and I have Sohum. Was wondering if I should only use half a pot of sohum and the rest fill it with the Seedling soil I started the plant in.
I am not an expert on Sohum so I would definitely call the company with your questions. They have always answered the phone when I have called and answer all my questions. First time I used Sohum, I transplanted 2 clones into 2 5 gallon Smart Pots of all Sohum and the clones grew with water only through all of veg and all of bloom. It said that It run out of nutes by a certain point but the plants never showed any deficiencies and the leaves were a healthy green right up to harvest. The bud quality, terps, taste and high were really good imo but I would say the plants grew smaller than similar clones grown with adding nutes to soil. Last year I transplanted sleedlings grown from seed into pots of fresh Sohum. 2 of the seedlings were Autos but they stunted but I don’t think Sohum had anything to do with that. The photo I grew in it grew very good. I did start giving it bloom nutes at a certain point until harvest. Call the company and ask them how you should proceed with transplanting.

I am not an expert on Sohum so I would definitely call the company with your questions. They have always answered the phone when I have called and answer all my questions. First time I used Sohum, I transplanted 2 clones into 2 5 gallon Smart Pots of all Sohum and the clones grew with water only through all of veg and all of bloom. It said that It run out of nutes by a certain point but the plants never showed any deficiencies and the leaves were a healthy green right up to harvest. The bud quality, terps, taste and high were really good imo but I would say the plants grew smaller than similar clones grown with adding nutes to soil. Last year I transplanted sleedlings grown from seed into pots of fresh Sohum. 2 of the seedlings were Autos but they stunted but I don’t think Sohum had anything to do with that. The photo I grew in it grew very good. I did start giving it bloom nutes at a certain point until harvest. Call the company and ask them how you should proceed with transplanting.
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely reach out to them.

Back
Top Bottom