Soil went anaerobic living soil

You mean that the soil doesn't require O₂ in order to exist as soil, lol?

I'm just fucking with you. I assume you meant that all your aerobic microbial life died and anerobic life has grown in its place?

Well, since the little critters that you want in there are already fucked, just dump a vast quantity of H₂O₂ into and through the soil, let it sit "waterlogged" for a while (it releases O₂ as it decomposes, so it won't kill your plants - probably perk them up). Then allow it to return to its normal moisture content level and re-infect it with aerobic life. There are commercial products available, or you can raid a forest.

You mean that the soil doesn't require O₂ in order to exist as soil, lol?

I'm just fucking with you. I assume you meant that all your aerobic microbial life died and anerobic life has grown in its place?

Well, since the little critters that you want in there are already fucked, just dump a vast quantity of H₂O₂ into and through the soil, let it sit "waterlogged" for a while (it releases O₂ as it decomposes, so it won't kill your plants - probably perk them up). Then allow it to return to its normal moisture content level and re-infect it with aerobic life. There are commercial products available, or you can raid a forest.
Haha that's was good :D
Wellf for now is only cooking worms are still alive I put half of the soil to 1 bucket and other half to another bucket (it's moist as fuck that's the problem) I already ordered a fabric pot u think I should just mix it for few days let it dry abit and put it to fabric pot ? It's smell literally like a poo :(

Haha that's was good :D
Wellf for now is only cooking worms are still alive I put half of the soil to 1 bucket and other half to another bucket (it's moist as fuck that's the problem) I already ordered a fabric pot u think I should just mix it for few days let it dry abit and put it to fabric pot ? It's smell literally like a poo :(
I believe with orgasmic soil ( :) ), you should let it 'cook'for a good while before you use it. The critters need to break it all down to plant-usable form. What you are smelling is that process.

I believe with orgasmic soil ( :) ), you should let it 'cook'for a good while before you use it. The critters need to break it all down to plant-usable form. What you are smelling is that process.
U think ? It's smell really bad it's cooking for 3 weeks already and water been sitting at the bottom for around 2 the top was smelling nice but the bottom of the tub where all the water stayed (I didn't had draining holes) is smelling horrible like I said like poo/rotten eggs. I already ordered fabric pot so the soil can breathe better
Anyway so what do u think ? Also I made 1:spaghnum peat 1:compost 1: aeration but I noticed the compost what I bought had 50% of peat already u think I should fix it ? Or the best idea is just make a new soil .. ?

Those fabric pots are cool. I think they'll help a bunch.

I was being a bit of a smart-@ss before, but I was serious about mixing in some healthy soil after you get the initial issue tended to. Which, in your case, might just amount to putting a few holes in the bottom of the container and setting it outside in a sunny spot for a few days, from the sound of things (maybe spread the soil out somewhere).

Dump it all out on a tarp and add rice hulls, pumice and precharged biochar.
Put back into larger fabric pots.
Inoculate with mycorrhazae, and mulch the top heavily or grow a cover crop.
Top dress with Gro-kashi and let all that come alive.

And you need pot elevators for the fabric pots to keep an air space under the pot.

ah hah, what are people using to elevate the pots? I went to fabric exactly because my plastic pots never, ever dried out. Happy seedlings so far in the fabric but never occurred to me to elevate them. Thank you.

Those fabric pots are cool. I think they'll help a bunch.

I was being a bit of a smart-@ss before, but I was serious about mixing in some healthy soil after you get the initial issue tended to. Which, in your case, might just amount to putting a few holes in the bottom of the container and setting it outside in a sunny spot for a few days, from the sound of things (maybe spread the soil out somewhere).
Dump it all out on a tarp and add rice hulls, pumice and precharged biochar.
Put back into larger fabric pots.
Inoculate with mycorrhazae, and mulch the top heavily or grow a cover crop.
Top dress with Gro-kashi and let all that come alive.

And you need pot elevators for the fabric pots to keep an air space under the pot.

@TorturedSoul what u mean by adding healthy soil ?

@Nunyabiz thanks alot buddy but unfortunate in my country u can't really get rice hulls or pumice (or its expensive as hell) but the rest I will do like u saying (I have already 33% perlite I know is not good as pumice or rice hulls :()
Anyway I got aswell 1 more question I just find out my compost had 50% peat in it and my recipe is 33% peat 33%compost+(it's got 50% peat in it I just found out ..) and 33% perlite u think I should add something to it as is abit more peat in my recipe than it should be ?
I hope u know what I mean :)

Back
Top Bottom