Some help with downsizing my grow?

just4meds

Ok here goes,
A few years ago I had been growing my own meds with great results in a 5x5x2.4m room using 3x 600w hps lamps using NFT, ventilation was in the form of a 6"filtered inlet and 10"exhust with carbon filter .
After losing my growing partner to cancer I had to close down the growroom and buy my meds from unreliable source's.
I still have the equipment and would like to start growing again the problem I have is the space I have to work with is 1x2x2.4m considerable smaller hence the title, I was planning on running two of the 600w lamps with the same extract system in the new space keeping the nutrient tank and ballasts outside the space in an effort to keep the humidity and temps down, the thing is he had the head for maths and I had the green fingers and without him I am at a total loss as to whether this is viable.
Apologies if this post was a bit long winded any help with the math would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: some help with downsizing my grow q:(

You could use your two 600 watt bulbs for your new veg area. Your new area is still large enough to support 4 - 6 plants to harvest, if you use the same area for veg and flower.

Don't overthink the math. Cannibus grows wild outside, and nature does not have a perfect lighting/weather system. Just do what feels right. You know more than you realize. :thumb:

Thanks AK
The area is just for flower the veg room will be half that area again with cfl lamps or small mh. The plan is to move from the veg room to flower room and run on 18hr under sodium to beef them up a bit, then switch to 12hr.
I am concerned that two 600w hps will be to hot as they're not air cooled hoods.

Set it up and let it run to see if you can handle the heat.
It is much about your intake temp and rh what you can do.

If the rh is low enough it is much easier to control temp with enough exchange.
I have to run a dehumidifier and try to keep exchange down to not suck wet air in to much.
And I run at night witch help much with heat and rh.

Hope that helps a bit.

Any ideas on dry test run as humidity will be hard to get a proper reading with out plants the rh won't be as stable as it's an insulated out house and its in the uk. Don't want to just suck it and see athougha have to also the outhouse dose have a/c for heating mainly and intake will be drawn from inside.
Thanks again

I'm not an expert but am coming up on the finish line on my first grow. I had no experience growing marijuana but am a long time veggie and fruit grower and if you've got "green fingers" you've got the stuff to do this! Don't get bogged down in the "numbers" - go with your gut and then tweak from there. Set up like you're going to grow tomatoes in the outhouse and your cannabis will likely be happy in the environment you've set up.

Plus, you aren't alone. There's a ton of help and encouragement here on 420!

Back
Top Bottom