Sour Diesel Grow! 1st Time Cabinet Grow Setup w/ Plenty of Pix!

SourDeezSeedz

WASSUP FELLOW WEED LOVERS? ITS SOURDEEZSEEDZ HERE, I HAVE DECIDED TO SETUP MY OWN GROW CAB AFTER READING SOME REALLY GOOD INFO ON THIS FORUM AND OBTAINING ABOUT 14-15 SOUR DIESEL SEEDS (BAGSEED) I WILL BE FOLLOWING ROSEMANS Deep Water Culture METHOD.. ANY INFO SUGGESTIONS OR TIPS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !

HERE IS MY GROW CAB... ABOUT 20" X 42" THIS PIC IS BEFORE I PAINTED IT
get-attachment_aspx9.jpg

HERE IS AFTER PAINTING IT FLAT WHITE.. MOSTLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT I CANT FIND MYLAR IN MY AREA AND THE GROW SPACE ISNT THAT BIG SO I FIGURED WHY NOT
get-attachment_aspx12.jpg

INSTALLED A PC EXHAUST FAN IN THE UPPER RIGHT MEASURING ABOUT 120MM AND HOOKED TO 12V POWER
get-attachment_aspx31.jpg

INSTALLED A SMALLER PC INTAKE FAN LOWER THAN THE EXHAUST AND HOOKED TO 5V POWER (I THOUGHT IT MADE SENSE THE EXHAUST FAN SHOULD BE BIGGER AND MOVING FASTER THAN THE INTAKE)
get-attachment2_aspx.jpg

SMALLER BATTERY-OPERATED STANDALONE FAN FOR MORE CIRCULATION AND TO BLOW ON THE PLANTS
get-attachment_aspx51.jpg

INSTALLED A VANITY LIGHT WITH THREE SOCKETS AND INSTALLED 2 Y-SOCKETS BECAUSE IM SHOOTING FOR A TOTAL OF 5 LIGHTS
get-attachment_aspx5.jpg

1 42 WATT 2700K CFL AND 4 27 WATT 5100K CFLS (FOR VEGETATION) THE 4TH LIGHT (EMPTY SOCKET ON Y SOCKET) WOULDNT FIT SO I GUESS ITLL BE THE 2 27WATTS ON THE Y-SOCKET WITH THE 42WATT IN THE MIDDLE AND 1 27WATT ON THE LEFT..
get-attachment_aspx14.jpg

ADJUSTABLE WOOD BOARD TO SUPPORT RESERVOIR AND MOVE FARTHER FROM LIGHTS AS THE PLANTS GET BIGGER...
get-attachment_aspx41.jpg

3 GALLON RUBBERMAID RUFFNECK RESERVOIR
get-attachment_aspx11.jpg

ALUMINUM PAN TO TAPE TO THE TOP OF THE CAB AS A REFLECTOR
get-attachment_aspx10.jpg

WATER PUMP (CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A MANIFOLD)
get-attachment_aspx6.jpg

PETCO AIR PUMP (CAME WITH TUBING AND 1 AIRSTONE)
get-attachment_aspx8.jpg

I PURCHASED 2 BLACK AIRSTONES BECAUSE THEY WERE SLIGHTLY BIGGER AND THE BLUE ONE CAME WITH THE AIR PUMP (ARE THESE BIG ENOUGH FOR 2 PLANTS AND 3 GALLONS ?)
get-attachment_aspx15.jpg

T-SPLITTER FOR AIR PUMP/STONES
get-attachment_aspx7.jpg

PLASTIC WIDE CUPS I WAS PLANNING ON MAKING HOLES IN EM AND USING EM AS NET CUPS
get-attachment_aspx13.jpg

FULL VIEW
get-attachment_aspx41.jpg

I KNOW I STILL NEED SOME ROCKWOOL, HYDROTON, SOME SORT OF SCREENS TO GO OVER THE BACK OF THE FANS TO BLOCK LIGHT, NUTES, PH TESTERS AND SOME ONA FOR ODOR CONTROL BUCKET... BUT IM GETTING THERE ! HOW'S IT LOOKING SO FAR YALL? :ganjamon: :ganjamon:

Re: Sour diesel grow ! 1st time cabinet grow setup w/ plenty of pix !!

UPDATE: I HAVE GOTTEN ALMOST EVERYTHING I NEED FOR MY GROW AND I PUT MY SEEDS IN PAPER TOWEL TO GERMINATE ON WEDNESDAY AND LOW AND BEHOLD TODAY THEY POPPED !

get-attachment_aspx21.jpg

get-attachment_aspx16.jpg

get-attachment_aspx42.jpg

get-attachment_aspx32.jpg

SOME OF MY SUPPLIES

get-attachment_aspx52.jpg

WATER + AIR PUMP SETUP

get-attachment_aspx91.jpg

get-attachment_aspx71.jpg

3 GERMINATED SOUR DIESEL SEEDS PLANTED IN ROCKWOOL WAITING FOR A SPROUT !

get-attachment_aspx61.jpg

get-attachment_aspx81.jpg

ILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED, ANY QUESTIONS COMMENTS OR HELP IS APPRECIATED ! :blunt: :blunt:

SourD this is dope, i read rosemans grow post too. things are looking great so far!
are you planning to grow without a ph meter? or will you be using them strips?
what are you planning to feed your babies with?
are you following the exact method where he has the irrigatiion hub attached to the pump that divides the flow to each of your cups? rockwool sitting in ph adjusted water?

WASS GOOD FUNNYSTYLE? THANKS FOR CHECKIN IN ON MY GROW!

I HAVE A PH DROP TESTING KIT WITH A GOOD SIZE BOTTLE OF PH UP AND PH DOWN..

ILL BE BUYING A PH & PPM METER NEXT WEEK THO..

IVE DECIDED TO GO WITH SENSI GROW A+B & SENSI BLOOM A+B SINCE I ALREADY PURCHASED THE GROW A+B AND I BEEN HEARING GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM..

I KNOW I WILL ALSO NEED SOME TYPE OF ENZYME SINCE THE GROW BUCKET I HAVE IS ONLY 3 GALLONS WHEN THEY GET ROOTBOUND I DONT WANNA BE FISHING OUT DEAD ROOTS ALL THE TIME..

IM NOT FOLLOWING THE METHOD EXACTLY HOW ROSEMAN HAD HIS SET UP SINCE I COULDNT FIND A HUB ANYWHERE BUT THE WATER PUMP SYSTEM I HAVE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD.. BASICALLY WATER PUMP TO TUBE, TUBE TO T-SPLITTER WHICH PUMPS WATER AROUND IN A CIRCLE, AND THEN INDIVIDUAL WATER NOZZLES POKED INTO THE TUBING FOR AS MANY WATER LINES AS NEEDED!! I'LL TRY AND GET SOME PICS IN FOR YOU ALL TO SEE EXACTLY HOW ITS SET UP !

IM STILL LEARNING AS IM GOING BUT IM DETERMINED TO SEE GOOD RESULTS ON MY FIRST SHOT ! I LOVE SOUR DIESEL ! HAHA :blunt:

UPDATE ! WASSUP FELLOW WEED LOVERS AND GROWERS? I NOW HAVE ALL 3 SEEDLINGS SPROUTED AND IM COUNTING TODAY AS DAY ONE OF VEGITATION !

FIRST THE LEFT ONE SPROUTED..
get-attachment_aspx22.jpg

NOW ITS OPENED UP AND THE FIRST NODE IS POKING THRU
get-attachment_aspx33.jpg

THE MIDDLE ONE SPROUTED BUT STILL HAD THE SEED ON IT SO I CAREFULLY REMOVED IT..
get-attachment_aspx53.jpg

AND THE ONE ON THE RIGHT
get-attachment_aspx43.jpg

I HAVE THEM 4-5 INCHES FROM THE LIGHTS AND IM JUST GIVING THEM PH'D WATER UNTIL I SEE 2 NODES THEN I WILL START THEM ON 1/4 SENSI GROW A+B NUTES..

I'LL BE BUYING A PPM METER TOMORROW AND SOME ENZYME FOR THE RESERVOIR..

QUICK QUESTION... THE SENSI GROW SUGGESTS 4ML PER LITER OF NUTES I FIGURE FOR 1/4 OF THAT DOSE I CAN GIVE THEM 1/4 TSP PER GALLON ? AM I RIGHT OR WRONG ON THIS?

BIRTHDAY UPDATE !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME !!

GOT LIFTED ALL DAY C/O LEMON SKUNK, SOUR DIESEL & SUPER JACK HERER !!
:blunt::blunt::blunt:

OK NOW ONTO THE PLANTS..

get-attachment_aspx17.jpg

get-attachment_aspx23.jpg

get-attachment_aspx34.jpg

AS U CAN SEE THEYRE SHOWING PROGRESS... JUST HIT THEM WITH THEIR FIRST SNACK OF SENSI GROW A+B NUTES TODAY... I HAVE ABOUT A GALLON OF WATER IN THE RES SO I DECIDED ON 3/4 TSP OF SENSI GROW A AND 3/4 TSP OF SENSI GROW B WHICH BROUGHT MY PPM METER TO 196... HOWS THAT FOR A LIGHT FIRST FEEDING READING ?

DECIDED SINCE IM ADDING NUTES AND WORKING WITH 24/7 LIGHTS TO COVER THE NET POTS... IM GOING WITH COFFEE FILTERS BECAUSE THEY LOOK COOL TO ME AND THEY KIND OF STAND UP WHICH I NEED SINCE MY ROCKWOOL SITS KIND OF HIGH OUT OF THE NET CUPS...

get-attachment_aspx54.jpg

get-attachment_aspx44.jpg

get-attachment_aspx72.jpg

get-attachment_aspx62.jpg

SORRY BOUT THE SIDEWAYS PICS BUT THIS SITES PIC UPLOADER IS NOT LETTING ME UP THE CORRECTED ONES..

ANYWAYS FELLOW WEED LOVERS ANY QUESTIONS TIPS OR COMMENTS..?

UPDATE !!

WASSUP 420? IM GLAD TO SAY EVERYTHINGS GOING REALL GOOD WITH THE PLANTS THEY ALL ARE SHOWING THEIR 2ND NODES AND I HAVE THEM ON 1/4 ADVANCED NUTRIENTS SENSI GROW..

I MADE A FEW UPGRADES TO MY GROW CAB..

I ADDED ABOUT 20 MYLAR BALLOONS TO THE INSIDE WALLS TO INCREASE REFLECTIVITY... THE FLAT WHITE PAINT WAS DOING A GOOD JOB BUT I WANT TO BOMBARD THEM WITH LIGHT.. I TAPED IT ALL VERY FLAT AND COVERED ABOUT 96% OF IT..
get-attachment_aspx24.jpg

get-attachment_aspx56.jpg

I ALSO ADDED AN EXTRA 4 OUTLETS INSIDE THROUGH THE LITTLE TRAP DOOR
get-attachment_aspx46.jpg

EVERYTHING'S REALLY BRIGHT IN HERE NOW!

I ALSO ADDED A 32 WATT 6500K CFL JUST FOR A LITTLE EXTRA LIGHT.. I NOW HAVE 6 LIGHTS AND A VERY WELL BLENDED SPECTRUM ! (4 27WATT 5000K CFLS, 1 42 WATT 2700K CFL, AND A 32WATT 6500K CFL)
get-attachment_aspx64.jpg

AND THE PLANTS ARE LOVING IT! (I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TAKE MACRO SHOTS WITH MY MAGNIFYING GLASS! GOTTA LOVE HD PICZ..)
get-attachment_aspx18.jpg

MY NETCUP COVERS ARE ALWAYS MOIST SO IM SURE MY HUMIDITY LEVELS ARE PROBABLY IN A GOOD RANGE.. TOMORROW I WILL TO A DRAIN/ REPLENISH AND START GIVING THEM 1/2 STRENGTH NUTES..

ILL KEEP YOU POSTED !! QUESTIONS/TIPS ??
get-attachment_aspx35.jpg

I DECIDED TO DO MY RES CHANGES EVERY SATURDAY SO TODAY IVE CHANGED THE RES AND BUMPED MY PLANTS UP TO 1/2 STRENGTH NUTES AND I'LL BE WATCHING CLOSELY TO SEE HOW THEY RESPOND..

I PH ADJUSTED MY WATER THEN TOOK A PPM READING..
get-attachment_aspx25.jpg

THEN ADDED SENSI GROW PART A, SHOOK IT UP IN GALLON CONTAINER, THEN ADDED SENSI GROW PART B.. (MY RES HOLDS 3 GALLONS BUT SINCE I HAVE TO LEAVE SPACE BETWEEN THE WATER LINE & THE BOTTOMS OF THE NET CUPS, I USUALLY KEEP 1 GALLON IN THE RES)

I CHECKED MY PPM NOW... (ITS ACTUALLY 334)
get-attachment_aspx19.jpg

WHICH GIVES ME A NUTE PPM OF 270.. NOT BAD...

THEYRE LOVING THE NEW LIGHT AND NEW MYLAR WALLS.. MORE PIX COMING SOON..

Update:

Well, my girls are sick... They were doing great until the shelf collapsed after i had adjusted it and closed the cab for about 5 min..

One plant fell in the water/ half-strength nute solution the others were splashed..

I poured the water out, replenished with more 1/2 strength nutes and began watching them closely.. I also added peroxide to the water which i think made my brass colored t-splitter that i use for my airlines begin to dissolve in the water.. i didnt think anything of it though.. A few days later, all 3 were showing burns on the leaves !!

The new growth at the top seems to be fine but the lower leaves were looking shitty so i panicked and drained my res again and now i have them on plain ph'd water..

I will upload some pix as soon as i get a chance but from what i have been reading, flushing them with plain ph'd water will make them recover in a few days... Is this true?

Also will the burns on the leaves go back to green or will they stay crispy looking ? If worse comes to worse i can scrap the whole deal and start from scratch since im only about a week and a half into veg and i have about 6 seeds left.. Any advice fellow weed lovers ?

i dont think u can reverse a crisp, but looking for signs of healthy new growth is what seems to be the right path

yes the ph balanced remedy would do the trick at most times, since the process includes the air bath your roots are getting, its like sweating all day and for a quick second theres that breeze that just puts you in that orgasmic cooling state. i just woke up still feelin faded. haha :tokin::tokin::tokin:

Wassup basementdweller & funnystyle ? Appreciate the help, just wish i knew how to get more ppl to subscribe/ tune in..

Basementdweller: I dont have a water thermometer just yet but i have noticed that the water was definitely past lukewarm on the last res change... But ive been changin the res at least twice a week since i started vegging so i dont think theyre heat stressed... Is that 4-5 new nodes or is that when i have a total of 4-5 nodes? I have about 3 nodes and the 3rd node has a lot of little leaves growing out of it so its a little confusing looking at them but i believe im at 3.. Should i cut the burnt leaves or do they still serve a purpose ?

Funnystyle: Yea man my plants do love the airbaths haha ! I usually notice a good growth spurt afterwards.. As far as the lights go theyre loving them.. I'll probably add more when its flowering time.. What kind of extender are u talking about ? Id love to have all 6 positioned horizontally... Point me in the right direction bro.. The shelf thing pissed me off at first mostly because it was unexpected and they were doing real good till they took a dive but it could have been worse.. I'll chalk it up to a learning experience..

Tips/ comments fellow weed lovers ?

I'll update with some hd pics asap so u guys can see what i have going on...

Stay tuned...

total of 5 nodes. u could do like 1/4 strength at 4th node up. so 1st is ur single serated leaf . 2nd would be 3 leaves. then 3rd node is the 1st of 5 leaves the 4th node up is 2nd set of 5. Then u can give 1/4 on the 4th and 5th nodes. The 6th node up. (the 4th set of 5) u can go 1/2 strength. and so on. I follow my general hydro chart but u are using different nutes. Dont cut leave that are less then 50% burnt. if its got green on it it will still give plant energy. more then 50% then yes it will hurt more then help. Any time u get nute /resv solution on the leaves u must spray off with water. the leaf will think its a foliar feeding and intake it and with the nute solution being twice as strong as a foliar spray it burns them. once the leaf cell structure is burned it cant come back, if yellowing or some kinds of deficencys they can come back from.

Back
Top Bottom