South Indian Sativa LED SOG Experiment

Great Job dude! Congrats, the buds look delish!!
Thanks fo..

Thanks man, yup Indian bagseed is definitely amazing.

I mean it’s not like this is a super dense bud or anything, but this was just a test run, and my first proper run.. so I’m happy with the results so far.

Definitely a nice pleasant smell.. nothing too crazy, it has a slightly green mango and spicy and earthy kinda fragrance..

.:: UPDATE ::.

Hi guys, so the buds have been drying for 3 days now; and they’ve really gotten crispy.. I can hear the slight crackling sound when I gently give the buds a squeeze..

I’m probably gonna wait half a day and then jar the buds..

Now I’ve got a question... do I weigh the buds now to determine the final dry bud weight, or should I cure for the next 4-5 days and then weigh the bud? When guys talk about final dry bud yield... is it after drying or after curing?

Do let me know guys!!

Cheers!

To test for dryness bend a stem, if its brittle its time to jar, if it doesn't kind of snap they're not ready to jar.
I usually take my dry weight when I jar.

To test for dryness bend a stem, if its brittle its time to jar, if it doesn't kind of snap they're not ready to jar.
I usually take my dry weight when I jar.

Hey brother,
I did the bend test, once the stem bends to a certain point, it snapping from the inside.. it doesn’t break in half though.. do I wait for it to completely break in half?

Alright guys I think the buds have definitely dried up, they’re really crispy and almost getting crumbly and I think it’s time to jar them up.. gonna do that in a couple of hours, I’ll let u know what the dry weight is once jarred up.

Cheers!!

OKAY GUYS!!!

I just got done with ‘jarring’ the buds!
Here’s a pic of 4 jars in total:-

the first 3 are 2.1 litre jars and the 4th is a 1 litre jar, and to the right of that are all the excess twigs which I had not snipped before coz I was using them as something for the clips to hold on to while drying..

So after all the twig snipping, and then jarring the bud.. the total dry weight of the bud is now 115 grams! That’s pretty much 25% of the original wet weight.

Wow.. 115 grams from 4 branches of a single plant, and this is my first successful grow... I’m truly overjoyed! My expectations were about 40-50 grams from a single plant and the result is almost triple the amount!

I took a sniff and man.... such an amazing aroma.. green mango, earthy...

Gonna cure and burp the jars for a few more days and then..... the much awaited smoke test!!!

I’ve got another question:- how many times in a day should I burp the jars? And how long each time?

Do let me know guys!

This story is almost coming to an end, and I’m so happy and thankful to all of you who’ve followed and helped and supported!!

Cheers guys!!

I put hygrometer in each jar. Jars are half full. If it goes above 70 I open jars for a bit to let it go down to around 60. If its below 70 I burp once a day for a week for a couple minutes.

Alright I’ve been burping for an hour or two per day for the past two days, I can’t feel much of moisture buildup, buds are still nice and dry.. I think the process is almost done, coz the buds aren’t like super tight, so they’re able to cure a bit faster than the really dense buds which I see.. I’m pretty sure they’ll be cured by today.

I’ll let you know how the smoke test goes tomorrow!

Cheers!

That sounds like your typical sativa smell. They smell more like grass compared to the skunky indicas or the hybrids with indica in it. Very nice. Hows the smoke? I have grown original Haze and they were light on my experienced head haha. But then I grew the Malawi from Ace and wow totally different. Way stronger than that landrace Haze from Nirvana (mystery seed they do not give away freely anymore btw). Next for my grow after current (currently growing Kritikal K and Kaboom from Kanabia) will be Golden Tiger. I miss harnessing Sativa in my tent ROFL.
Maybe youve explained it so I am gonna check pages before this.
Good job, Hasnain!

Hi guys, thanks for your compliments!!

I’m just letting the buds cure one more day, will post smoke/vape report tomorrow for sure!!

What’s interesting is that as I start using my stash, the more days pass by, the buds are gonna continue curing.. so I’m guessing by the time I’m down to my last jar... that stuff should be the most supreme!!

So, smoke/vape test tomorrow guys!!

Cheers!

Hello Hello!!

Here’s the smoke/vape report!!

Firstly, I vaped some bud, starting at 165C and built my way up till 220C.

At lower temps, the flavour was just really really satisfying! It had a lovely sweet-citric-pungent-ripe green mango kinda taste!! Just delicious, great aroma as well!! Nice pungent kinda throat hit, not harsh at all..Amazing head high!! Felt very light and alert and felt like engaging myself in some activity.

At higher temps, the flavour got a bit spent, more earthy, but the body effects began to take over, nice and calm body effects, not like a severe couch lock at all.. just a nice body high, perfect for falling asleep, or for calming down after a nice run or a workout.

I would probably vape the bowl at low temps before a run/workout, and after, I would raise the temps and finish up the same bowl, So that’s pretty cool.

This is what I like about vaping, using temperatures to squeeze out what you want — when you want it.

I also smoked a tiny joint, the bud burned nice and even; and I never needed to use my lighter to re-ignite the cherry. Nice and consistent burn, the flavour was there, but not as pronounced as the vape. The high was basically the head and body high at the same time, so can’t really “control” that aspect.

All in all, this is an ideal bud for vaping and smoking as well, but don’t think there’s any point combusting this, vaping is way better in my opinion.

Well, THATS IT GUYS!! what a journey it has been! I feel really happy and satisfied with the results I have achieved.. at one point I didn’t even know if my plant was gonna make it.. this plant went through a lot of stress in the beginning, but I managed to revive her, and she thanked me for it by giving me great buds!!

Guys, all of you who’ve been subbed to this, all the advice, support, compliments, criticisms, etc. — I Thank You ALL from the bottom of my heart for every bit of it!!

My next grow will be some autos, when I start, I will hunt all of u down, and when I find you, I will....... message you personally and Share the Link to my new journal!! Hahaha!!

Cheers.... and THANKS GUYS!!!

Great report there. You make me want to get a vape unit. There is no 10 step process for growing addicts. You now have the bug, start hoarding seeds you will need them down the road.... LOL

Congrats on the harvest, very cool looking plant.

Great report there. You make me want to get a vape unit. There is no 10 step process for g.....

Congrats on the harvest, very cool looking plant.

Thanks buddy,

U should definitely try out vaping if u haven’t, it’s really amazing.. when I started using a vape, I had to learn how to use it properly, and once I did, I got great results.. I think the key is to really just vape for a week or two and see if u get hooked on to the feel of it..

Oh I’ve caught the bug alright!! I’m definitely gonna do a grow very soon, and I’ll let you know about it Thanks for hanging around!

Back
Top Bottom