Southern California Seasonal growing

WestSideGrow

Hello 420 members, Another quick question for all of you who have more info then me !
Is now a bad or good time to be starting new seedlings ?
I live in so cal where the sun is at full blast, reaching a peak of 115 !
Feedback is always welcome. Please and thank you ! :peace:
Additional Info-
Fox farms ocean forest soil,
2 gallon pot.

Westside if you start one outdoors now it will be a premi by the time 12 hours hits. Plus depending on where you are you may already be close to 12 as things like mountains and hills can shorten your days light.

If you planted some now you would most likely get mutants or something goofy, maybe hermis.

If you want to start some now here is what you must do. Start it indoors. You can use a 23 watt 6500k florescent bulb. They call them 100 watt equivalent but its 23 watts and it MUST be 6500 spectrum. You will want 1 per plant but 1 per two or 3 plants will work. The light will be on 24/7 and when the seedlings start you should have the bulb about 7-8 inches away. As it becomes more of a actual plant with multiple leaves it can come to about 4-5 inches away, then a few days after that you can have the light up to 1-2 inches away. Remember to have some circulation blowing right at the tops of the plant to get the hotter air from the light away.

You will grow them indoors for 1 month maybe even 5 or 6 weeks THEN put them outside to flower. This will allow them to get big enough to be a full on established plant before you try and flower them. They would probably finish in late october or early november.

Doing this would be cheap but still effective and is your best bet for sucess.

I live in a desert area ( very close to palm springs ) I actually started to do what you described. I will start a journal very soon.
Thank you for all the help jimmy ! :) much appreciated !

I am one of the few on the forum (that I know of) who also grows in the desert. So when they hear me talking about I water my plants every day or every other day, they think im nuts. During the 110 past week I was, now that its just 100 I stopped and its down to like once every 3 or 4 days with extremely light and mellow foliar feeding and top soil sprinkles every day or every other day when I dont do a deep water.

My foliar feed is me just spraying it with a hose lightly, cleans the dust off the leaves. You wont have to worry as much about things like powdery mildew as most do because our humidity is like 10-20% most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom