Spot on leaves, no idea

Th3Grow3rNooB

It is only on the two top cola sites that happen to be
1. Closest to the light which is 25 inches away &
2. Closest to the full force of the fan, which was once sweeping the canopy nicely over the top, but they stretched into it.

I have since turned the fan around so it just bounces of the walls, however, the light is at Max height.

20220505_112727.jpg

20220505_112716.jpg

It is only on the two top cola sites that happen to be
1. Closest to the light which is 25 inches away &
2. Closest to the full force of the fan, which was once sweeping the canopy nicely over the top, but they stretched into it.

I have since turned the fan around so it just bounces of the walls, however, the light is at Max height.

20220505_112727.jpg

20220505_112716.jpg
Good morning @Th3Grow3rNooB hope you are well my friend.
Your lady is in full flower and is starving. :Namaste:
Coco has a couple parameters to follow.
Coco must be fed every day with full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph. With cal mag.
What you have to do is
Put cal mag in your plain water first mix well and wait ten minutes.
Then add nutrients full strength according to the schedule, probably around 1100 ppm now.
Then lastly set ph to 5.8 exactly every time.
then when the lights come on feed to run off every day.
sometimes twice a day in flower.
Have you been doing this?
Feed feed feed her she needs nutrients.
Do you have a journal?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

I have been doing all these good sir. However, I just checked the runoff, and I am feeding at 1.6 EC, and it's coming out at close to 2.0 EC, I was think maybe I'm a bit heavy right now so a lighter mix of nutes next feed ? However now you have me wondering lol

Look underneath the leaves for mites with a magnifier. They'll be about 1/4 the size of a basil seed. Also, any chance you splashed anything on the leaves? Even water droplets under super bright lights can cause burn spots.

I have been doing all these good sir. However, I just checked the runoff, and I am feeding at 1.6 EC, and it's coming out at close to 2.0 EC, I was think maybe I'm a bit heavy right now so a lighter mix of nutes next feed ? However now you have me wondering lol
Have you been feeding to get a 10% run off every time you feed?
Thirp damage does manifest with similar spots.
Possible 2 problems.
Look for lit black bugs.
But the doesn't explain her lack of nutritional uptake.
1.6 actually seems a little low at this stage of flower.
1200 ppm range seems appropriate.
Are you waiting 10 minutes after you put in your calmag before adding the other nutrients?
Are you following the schedule for your nutrients?
Also what exactly are you feeding?
Talk soon.

Bill

So I checked the leaves, no sign of bugs thank goodness.

I am feeding H&G Cocos A+B, Amino Treatment, Bio diesel Bloom, and until a few feeds ago, was feeding Marine CalMg, which is super high in nitrogen. Perhaps this may explain the spots ?

I feed till 20% ish Runoff. About 6 days ago, it got a few days of 1.9/2.0 EC, and this included the Marine CalMg, which according to the Hydro Shop bloke, could be the reason we got a few spots here. Either way, the spots seem to have isolated only to these leaves. And I have just been feeding @ 1.6 EC.l now without the Marine CalMg.

May i make an important note to anyone reading this. People are saying at this time in grow, that 1.6 EC is too low. In the past grows, and I'm no expert, I have burned leaves with more then 1.5 EC in Full FLOWER. However, this was under blurples ( cheap Chinese lights). Since buying the Quantum Baord, its quite clear to me im for some reason able to push well beyond 1.6 EC. I have always wondered how people can feed 2 EC above without burn, perhaps this is the case... I'm slowly concocting new mixes to compensate for this new light set up. Will update shortly.

"So I checked the leaves, no sign of bugs thank goodness."
How did you check them? Thrips are not very hard to spot even with a 20x loupe.

The other symptom is that the leaf edges are curling. Are other leaves curling like that?
No just those few that are closest to the light. Speaking to a mate, since im in 15 Litre Pots, which are not that big, he thinks its not the " Under Feeding " issue. If it so happens they are to close to the light, its a shame, as i cant do anything about that. I usually train so height is never a problem, but because of moving houses, i was unable to do so cause of complications.

EDIT: I checked with a mag glass, had a good look, no signs of anything like that.

If there's no bad guys and it's only the top of the plant that's impacted, I'd think that light is the issue but 25" is a good amount of hang height. What light? Are you using the dimmer or is it full blast?
Im using the Spider Farmer SF4000, it was at 100% Dim, i just backed it off to 80%, which should be around 850ish PAR at the center for 24 inches. At 100%, based on my recent few hours of research as i dont have a Wattage Reader, i would of been around 1000+ PAR at center for 24 Inch. Im no expert by any means, but i believe that is far to much light for someone who isnt running C02, nor do i have " Optimal Conditions "...

Temps are good, around 20c to 26c, RH is off lately, buncing around 45 - 65.

EDIT: SF4000 avg 450 Watts at 100%, im in a 5x5 Tent

This is a photoperiod, right? If so, 800µmols for 12 hours will get a DLI of 35 moles which is a modest amount. No way that should be causing issues. Were those directly under the center? If so, that could be the culprit. The SF4000 puts out a lot of light in the center so if the plants were directly under the light only 24" away, that could have done it.

This is a photoperiod, right? If so, 800µmols for 12 hours will get a DLI of 35 moles which is a modest amount. No way that should be causing issues. Were those directly under the center? If so, that could be the culprit. The SF4000 puts out a lot of light in the center so if the plants were directly under the light only 24" away, that could have done it.
Yeah mate they are Photo ( GG#4 aka Gorilla Glue ) So you may have some idea haha ! , the few leafs that are showing these signs are ALL directly under the light in the center. I have checked all afternoon on the outer leafs and 0 issues are visable. So it must be the light ? It would also explain the comment made above about the slight curling on the outer edges ?

Whilst we are here, Do you or anyone else reccomened C02 in the bag form ? I am a man of do it right the first time, but cannister C02 seems a little expensive and technical for my liking. My Hydro shop down the road sells mushrooms bags, however, my research suggests they are a waste of time.

Have you been feeding to get a 10% run off every time you feed?
Thirp damage does manifest with similar spots.
Possible 2 problems.
Look for lit black bugs.
But the doesn't explain her lack of nutritional uptake.
1.6 actually seems a little low at this stage of flower.
1200 ppm range seems appropriate.
Are you waiting 10 minutes after you put in your calmag before adding the other nutrients?
Are you following the schedule for your nutrients?
Also what exactly are you feeding?
Talk soon.

Bill
Yes to all those Bill, except the feed schedule mate. In the past, as mentioned, if i get above 1.4ish EC i get burnt tips haha, my lights were awful. These days with a normal light, and actually PHing properly etc, my plants are alot more healthy, and appear to be able to take the nutrient volume that most people feed Coco, which is about ...

Clone: 0.5 EC
Veg: 1 EC - 1.6 EC
Flower 1.8 EC - 2.4 EC

Please correct me if thise is wrong xD

Yes to all those Bill, except the feed schedule mate. In the past, as mentioned, if i get above 1.4ish EC i get burnt tips haha, my lights were awful. These days with a normal light, and actually PHing properly etc, my plants are alot more healthy, and appear to be able to take the nutrient volume that most people feed Coco, which is about ...

Clone: 0.5 EC
Veg: 1 EC - 1.6 EC
Flower 1.8 EC - 2.4 EC

Please correct me if thise is wrong xD
Yes that is strain dependent though.
Like the white widow strain, will eat you out of house and home.
Bring it up a bit at a time. If you see burnt tips hold there.
But burnt tips are not a problem.
Just her way of saying I'm full.
Your new lights help your plants transpire properly.
The extra moisture released increases uptake to replace it. :thumb:
They in turn eat more.
You get bigger healthier plants.
You should be around 2ec minimum on a girl that size.

Bill

Yeah mate they are Photo ( GG#4 aka Gorilla Glue ) So you may have some idea haha ! , the few leafs that are showing these signs are ALL directly under the light in the center. I have checked all afternoon on the outer leafs and 0 issues are visable. So it must be the light ? It would also explain the comment made above about the slight curling on the outer edges ?
Yes and yes. I think this is a "too much light" issue. And GG's yeah, mine are growing like crazy and the stalks are growing faster than the rest of the canopy so it makes it harder to get good PPFD values.

Whilst we are here, Do you or anyone else reccomened C02 in the bag form ? I am a man of do it right the first time, but cannister C02 seems a little expensive and technical for my liking. My Hydro shop down the road sells mushrooms bags, however, my research suggests they are a waste of time.
I tried using a home made yeast bomb when I could close the tent flaps but tossed it when my grow got into flower so very limited experience and knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom