Starting seedlings under LED for outdoor grow

TopperHarley

420 Member
Hi, I’ve started my seedlings indoor this year under an LED. I started them at 18/6, but thought I should reduce light time to closer to 14 HRs since that is closer to actual sunrise sun set times. One of larger seedlings (now about 12 inches and 5 sets of leaves) has turned to flowering.

What should I do? Right now I’ve just taken it away from the LED and put it in a South facing window.

Thanks in advance,

Topper

Welcome to 420,Topper :welcome:
It really shouldn't be flowering with less than 12 hours of "darktime"..Is it an autoflowering plant?
If so,it's flowering and it won't stop for anything-if not,set the lighting schedule back to 18 on 6 off ,and it will
re-veg (stop flowering).
This will slow down the plant's progress considerably,so be prepared for a pause in it's growth

Hi, thanks for the response. They are not auto flower. I’m an experienced grower of almost 20 yrs, but this is the first time I’ve seen this. I knew about >12hrs for flowering but wasn’t sure if it was actually less than 12 or just a significant reduction from the starting point. Therefore 18/6 to 14/10 may induce flowering?

I have a bunch going and this is the only one that has done this so...not sure.

If you bought the seeds,the supplier may have somehow gotten an auto in the mix.(?)
I've never been able to flower them with less than 12 straight hours of darkness,but
maybe that one plant is just more sensitive to the light cycle?
I really don't have a solid answer for you,but maybe someone else who
has experienced something like this will chime in.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
@Old Salt ...Have you dealt with this situation?

Yeah it’s actually a white widow seed I got from a plant that I grew last year that I started from a fem seed. I have new/more fem seeds going well also but l too but this plant was so tasty last year I had to try this seed ...but this one is an oddball. Thanks for your time nonetheless!

On a side note to this, how many people veg indoors over winter only to transfer outside for spring and summer. Finishing as an outdoor grow, but with a indoor headstart.

leave them on 18/6 - 20/4 period.. but just make sure that you transition for 3 to 5 days before putting directly in sun light or they will burn to a crisp

Hi, thanks for the response. They are not auto flower. I’m an experienced grower of almost 20 yrs, but this is the first time I’ve seen this. I knew about >12hrs for flowering but wasn’t sure if it was actually less than 12 or just a significant reduction from the starting point. Therefore 18/6 to 14/10 may induce flowering?

I have a bunch going and this is the only one that has done this so...not sure.
yes it is possible, even 16 hours can trigger flowering, Cannabis does not flower at just a single strict 12/12 photo-period, its between 12 &16 hours

Back
Top Bottom