Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCRog, GDP - First Grow

That was my original thought..have one on hinges so it just swings up and I can harvest or tend from there. I still have that option with my current setup just need to clip the zips on the bottom front part of the frame.

Do you find that the plants put upward pressure on the frame thus creating a need to have it anchored down?

:thanks:

The plants absolutely put upward pressure on the screen, it has to be secure.

The hinged idea is a good one for a single large screen. But you must realize Giantsfan that once the training begins the screen cannot move. So the swinging hinge only becomes useful to harvest or when your done with the grow for storage.

I had no problems with my plants trying to grow into eachother with individual screens. I train them under the screens, they grow up towards the light. That was actually my concern with using only one screen for all the plants? But I guess it doesn't matter with 1 screen because you aren't moving anything anyway.

Really, like everything else, it just comes down to what works for you and your space. I have a bad back so bending over for hours trying to train them is not realistic for me. So during the training time I take them out of the cab so I can work on them at eye-level.

Loving all the scroggers on 420 now, it sure is an efficient way to grow. :rollit:

:peace:

The plants absolutely put upward pressure on the screen, it has to be secure.

The hinged idea is a good one for a single large screen. But you must realize Giantsfan that once the training begins the screen cannot move. So the swinging hinge only becomes useful to harvest or when your done with the grow for storage.

I had no problems with my plants trying to grow into eachother with individual screens. I train them under the screens, they grow up towards the light. That was actually my concern with using only one screen for all the plants? But I guess it doesn't matter with 1 screen because you aren't moving anything anyway.

Really, like everything else, it just comes down to what works for you and your space. I have a bad back so bending over for hours trying to train them is not realistic for me. So during the training time I take them out of the cab so I can work on them at eye-level.

Loving all the scroggers on 420 now, it sure is an efficient way to grow. :rollit:

Oh..that explains why the mod scrog works well for you...makes total sense. Scrogging is the best way, from what I've read, to take full advantage of a small grow space. It's good to see someone doing a first time grow can get that working well.

Looking forward to the training part..that will be fun!

Like Marley stated you need too developre your own growing techniques tailored to your skills and location, drawing off the experience (both good and bad) of others. My SCROG is made of 2 X 4 so it heavy enough to keep the plants in their place.

Are daily updates too much??

It's your journal brother. You can do with it as you wish. Personally I like reading updates and just hanging out. Gives me something to do at work. :)

Like Marley stated you need too developre your own growing techniques tailored to your skills and location, drawing off the experience (both good and bad) of others. My SCROG is made of 2 X 4 so it heavy enough to keep the plants in their place.

I would love to see your setup placer, sounds awesome. I'm glad your around, you bring some great experience along with ya! :reading420magazine:

It's your journal brother. You can do with it as you wish. Personally I like reading updates and just hanging out. Gives me something to do at work. :)

Agreed, slow time at work is 420mag time for sure!

Oh..that explains why the mod scrog works well for you...makes total sense. Scrogging is the best way, from what I've read, to take full advantage of a small grow space. It's good to see someone doing a first time grow can get that working well.

Looking forward to the training part..that will be fun!

It's fun for the first couple of times, after that it becomes a chore! Luckily it's only for a few weeks then you can kick your feet back and enjoy.

It's fun for the first couple of times, after that it becomes a chore! Luckily it's only for a few weeks then you can kick your feet back and enjoy.

So you just train them enough to get them under the screen for a couple weeks of veg then flip to 12/12?

Is there any training that goes on during the first couple weeks of flower?

So you just train them enough to get them under the screen for a couple weeks of veg then flip to 12/12?

Is there any training that goes on during the first couple weeks of flower?

Well it depends..you will do about equal training with Indicas in veg/flower and most of your training during 12/12 with sativas.

The idea is to have the entire screen covered and the buds sticking up a few inches+ above the screen (depends on penetration of your light) by the time the stretch stops, which is around 2-4 weeks or so of flowering.

Well it depends..you will do about equal training with Indicas in veg/flower and most of your training during 12/12 with sativas.

The idea is to have the entire screen covered and the buds sticking up a few inches+ above the screen (depends on penetration of your light) by the time the stretch stops, which is around 2-4 weeks or so of flowering.

Man I'm looking forward to this! Thanks Marley..you're an awesome help!

Man I'm looking forward to this! Thanks Marley..you're an awesome help!

Sativa's and Indica's both grow different under a SCROG. I am fortunate to have two seperate grow area's in one room so I do not mix the two strains. I let mine fill the SCROG 50-75% before flipping. This grow I going to flip at 50% due to a 3 week vacation, and only 2 people know of my grow room and both live out of town. My girls are getting excited ( and so am I) about enter puberty next week.

Sativa's and Indica's both grow different under a SCROG. I am fortunate to have two seperate grow area's in one room so I do not mix the two strains. I let mine fill the SCROG 50-75% before flipping. This grow I going to flip at 50% due to a 3 week vacation, and only 2 people know of my grow room and both live out of town. My girls are getting excited ( and so am I) about enter puberty next week.

Awesome..I'd love to see pics of your grow Placer....sounds like you've got quite a nice setup...

Day 9

Houston..we have pistols!

Woke up to pre flowers today...surprised me really. I didn't think that started until the 12/12 flip...

This picture isn't very clear but look closely..they are there..

Day_9_-_1.jpg

Everything else is as it should be..no pests...and just getting busier.

I thought this would be my better plant starting out but it's not doing as well as the other which I thought would struggle..go figure! :)

Growing slower than the other plant...but healthy none the less and also displaying pistols.

Day_9_-_3.jpg

This one is really a pretty plant..tons of new growth and very vigorous.

Day_9_-_2.jpg

Haven't used any nutes yet and I also haven't watered in 3 days. They are showing no signs of wilting or stress.

I'm assuming so but is it normal to display pistols at 9 days in the ground?

Day 10

I think from now on I'll post every couple of days rather than daily. I like posting but it seems boring to post the same post most everyday..."everything is great, vigorous growth" blah, blah....

I won at poker last night..there's something new! :bravo:

The girls look great this morning. No sign of anything other than nice bushing out.

Day_10_-_2.jpg

Day_10_-_1.jpg

They are pretty plants though. I'd forgotten how much I like growing them. It's been over 30 years since I've grown.

I've ordered a new veg bulb..Plantmax 6500K "blue". They were priced really well @ $30 and are a better kelvin than the standard 4000K I have now. Hopefully this will make a little difference in my veg growth.

Look for updates every few days from here on. Something tells me this will be a longer veg cycle than I was counting on.

Day 11

I know I said I was going to slow down the posts but I got the camera out this morning and didn't use the smart phone...got a couple better pics..

Still no watering and they aren't showing any signs of slowing down in fact they are speeding up.

I've gotten about an inch of vertical growth since I started the journal which doesn't seem like a lot compared to others but they are very healthy plants and getting bushier by the second...that's where the real growth is..

Day_11_-_2.jpg

Day_11_-_1.jpg

I also raised the light to 12" last night and it's seemed to make a difference but with all the variables involved...not sure what is making the difference.

Looking forward to getting the new bulb @ 6500K and hoping it's better for my gurlz...wish I could get clearer pics..thought the camera would help but alas.....nope!

Day 12 - watering day

I said I wasn't going to post everyday but I found it's a good way for me to keep track of what's going on so..prepare for more boredom!! LOL

I opened the box up today and my plants were looking like they needed a drink. I've got a zerowater filter that puts out drinking water at 000 ppm and is as close to pure water as you can get without reverse osmosis.

Soil was very dry and crusty. This is the first watering in just about a week. Watering does affect the humidity of the inside of my box. Without plants and lights on, the rh was in the 20's. Without plants lights off up over 50 and with plants in, light on around 35 to 45.

The ph was over 7 so I adjusted it down to 6.6. This was harder than I thought it would be. I put some ph down in it and it went all the way down to 2.3! Kinda shocking.

I dumped that water then started over. I put just a little down and I'm talking barely any, wasn't preparing a gallon of water just enough for them today, and it lowered it down to 4.6. I added just a tiny bit of up and it went straight to 6.6. Being the recommended range is 6.3 to 6.8 for soil, I went with it.

They are looking really good.

Day_12_-_1.jpg

Day_12_-_3.jpg

That's it for now..as usual, questions/comments are always appreciated!

:)

It is amazing how little PH up/down is need to adjust the water. I mix up 35 gallons at a time and it take less than a cap full to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom