Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

Hey GF24, Your calibration buffer should have an expiration date and as long as you keep it clean it will keep it's calibration. I love the look of the frosting covering the sugar leaves, so tempting.

Yes they do...I got a message back from Oakton..pretty much what I thought it would be. Not much help..

Totally frosting up man...we'll have to get together and smoke test!!

:Namaste:

Yes they do...I got a message back from Oakton..pretty much what I thought it would be. Not much help..

Totally frosting up man...we'll have to get together and smoke test!!

GF24,
Your grow is looking fantastic!:)

Regarding your pH tester question....there are some standard practices you may or may not be aware of.....

Don't reuse the buffer after you test a solution. One dip and thats it, or else you contaminate the buffer.

Don't let you meter probe dry out. Store it in storage solution or tap water, not distilled. Long exposure to distilled water will damage the probe due to lack of ions.

Depending on the probe type, you may need to use a cleaner and rejuvination with a storage type solution. Also may be needed if the probe dried out.

You probably know this already, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Looking really nice, I'll be watching for the end game
:goodluck:
just another old gardener

GF24,
Your grow is looking fantastic!:)

Regarding your pH tester question....there are some standard practices you may or may not be aware of.....

Don't reuse the buffer after you test a solution. One dip and thats it, or else you contaminate the buffer.

Don't let you meter probe dry out. Store it in storage solution or tap water, not distilled. Long exposure to distilled water will damage the probe due to lack of ions.

Depending on the probe type, you may need to use a cleaner and rejuvination with a storage type solution. Also may be needed if the probe dried out.

You probably know this already, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Looking really nice, I'll be watching for the end game
:goodluck:
just another old gardener

Yup, got all that covered. Thanks for the checklist though...it's good I didn't forget anything.

It's really going well. I'm trying to be patient and not be concerned about it but...it's tough!! :)

I'll med and everything will be fine!

i got one of them digital ones and when i got it there was this crusty stuff on it when i opened it, i guess i should take it and put some water in a little cup and let the meter sit in it...or can i use the 7.0?? :tokin:

Hi GF - First of all: :popcorn: hope you don't mind another tagger along. Looks like you've got a great grow going and some fine looking ladies there! :welldone:

Second - It's freaky about your PH meter - been going through almost exact same issues. Started not calibrating - was showing 8.5 and would give me an error message when I tried to calibrate to 7.0... I thought meter was going bad - however, I was near bottom of buffer solution bottle. I've always, always used good practices with PH buffer (never reused, etc.), but somehow there was still crap floating in it, and without a doubt it was BAD. Talked to hydro store and it sounds like it just happens - they go bad over time. Learn something new everyday. Anyway, got new 7.0 buffer and have been storing it in there (I keep a little bit in the cap at all times) and it's working better again and calibrates. OldGardeners tips are right on - and I follow them to the T. Still had this happen... Hope this info helps!

Also - I have a pretty good little petite dehumidifier. I'm not going to lie - it's no beast, but it works and it definitely helps. Here's a link to a post in my journal about it:

XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Hit me up if you have any other questions about the dehumidifier or the PH pen. Honestly, I can't complain to much about my Oakton PH pen - it's been super reliable for 2 years now until this - and I'm sure it was just a buffer issue (crossing fingers). :peace:

Hi GF - First of all: :popcorn: hope you don't mind another tagger along. Looks like you've got a great grow going and some fine looking ladies there! :welldone:

Second - It's freaky about your PH meter - been going through almost exact same issues. Started not calibrating - was showing 8.5 and would give me an error message when I tried to calibrate to 7.0... I thought meter was going bad - however, I was near bottom of buffer solution bottle. I've always, always used good practices with PH buffer (never reused, etc.), but somehow there was still crap floating in it, and without a doubt it was BAD. Talked to hydro store and it sounds like it just happens - they go bad over time. Learn something new everyday. Anyway, got new 7.0 buffer and have been storing it in there (I keep a little bit in the cap at all times) and it's working better again and calibrates. OldGardeners tips are right on - and I follow them to the T. Still had this happen... Hope this info helps!

Also - I have a pretty good little petite dehumidifier. I'm not going to lie - it's no beast, but it works and it definitely helps. Here's a link to a post in my journal about it:

XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Hit me up if you have any other questions about the dehumidifier or the PH pen. Honestly, I can't complain to much about my Oakton PH pen - it's been super reliable for 2 years now until this - and I'm sure it was just a buffer issue (crossing fingers). :peace:

Hey X thanks for the post....tag along all you want bro, all are welcome.

I went to my hydro store yesterday and asked about the possibility of my buffer being bad and he was more inclined to say that the pen, which was not a cheap one, was probably not the best quality.

I agree it's not professional grade but it should last more than a couple months. I'll get some new buffer and batteries just to cover all my bases.

Dude...that is EXACTLY the dehumidifier I was going to get! The Eva-Dry Petite 1100..I'm really happy to hear that it works for you man! Thanks for that...

What is the ambient humidity where you live?

+reps!!

i got one of them digital ones and when i got it there was this crusty stuff on it when i opened it, i guess i should take it and put some water in a little cup and let the meter sit in it...or can i use the 7.0?? :tokin:

The 7.0 is also storage solution...put it in some of that..and clean thoroughly.

Day 73 - Flowering Day 26

My girls are still growing toward the light. If what I've read is accurate, this should last about a other 10 days.

They aren't breaking any overland speed records and I still have plenty of vertical space to go so I'm not worried. I'm glad I started with this easy to grow strain.

It's good to start out with a successful first grow! Still have to change out the thermal controller and power supply and need to buy the mini dehumidifier for the last few weeks of flower.

Just a couple pics from the Blackberry...buds from all 3 girls. Jess is looking very good. That should be some good weed..ahem! meds :)

Day_73_-_1.jpg
Day_73_-_2.jpg
Day_73_-_4.jpg
Day_73_-_3.jpg

Questions? Comments? All are welcome!

Questions? Comments? All are welcome!

Here's a question: Why do they look so damn tasty???? :)

Comment: You're doing a fucking awesome job my friend!!

...You know I think I've liked each of your posts with pics! It's sooo damn hard to not hit the "like" with shots like that.

Good job brother!

Here's a question: Why do they look so damn tasty???? :)

Comment: You're doing a fucking awesome job my friend!!

...You know I think I've liked each of your posts with pics! It's sooo damn hard to not hit the "like" with shots like that.

Good job brother!

Thanks you guys... :) They are doing SO well..I'm thrilled! :yahoo:

I just got back from the hydro shop...bought some floranova...changing up my nutes for the final 30 days.

FloraNova.jpg

One part mixing from one of the most respected companies in the industry. My hydro guy swears by it and uses it himself. I think this is what I'll go to for my next grow in October..

Don't know if I'll be able to wait that long for my next grow! I've got some box mods to make and we might be moving..

That is some good stuff (from what I hear of course). I was actually wanting to try a different GH nute as well. A few weeks back when I was at the hydro shop a rep from GH was dropping off their newest 2 part, Flora Duo. He mentioned that it was more "plant specific" if you catch my drift. Part A is
5-0-6 and part B is 1-5-4. I think it runs around $30 for both so that peaked my interest as well :)

I believe that PitViper is/was using Flora Nova and Floralicious and we've all seen those results :adore:

That is some good stuff (from what I hear of course). I was actually wanting to try a different GH nute as well. A few weeks back when I was at the hydro shop a rep from GH was dropping off their newest 2 part, Flora Duo. He mentioned that it was more "plant specific" if you catch my drift. Part A is
5-0-6 and part B is 1-5-4. I think it runs around $30 for both so that peaked my interest as well :)

I believe that PitViper is/was using Flora Nova and Floralicious and we've all seen those results :adore:

Yep..that's what my hydro guy uses. I didn't get the grow just cause I won't have another grow until October 1. Didn't want it sitting around going bad.

I hear this stuff is awesome. Simple, just measure the ppm and follow the directions..

I like that!

The 7.0 is also storage solution...put it in some of that..and clean thoroughly.

but do i gotta always have it sittin in some of the 7.0 or can i just leave it dry with the cap on it and will that be fine?? i dont know, i think its a pain in the ass if u ask me, im ready to go back and get the liquid tester shit....:smokin:

but do i gotta always have it sittin in some of the 7.0 or can i just leave it dry with the cap on it and will that be fine?? i dont know, i think its a pain in the ass if u ask me, im ready to go back and get the liquid tester shit....:smokin:

Yeah you want to store it in the storage solution and refresh it after every use. I agree with you...it is a pain in the ass..

I'm using my manual tester from here out.

Ok so I totally agree that getting my mind wrapped around the ph tester digital pen was more than a little hurdle. I am almost never checking ph these days.

Those GH nuts are gonna rock. Go easy at first. I imagine the nutes will be puffing this thing out like popcorn.
Great.

Ok so I totally agree that getting my mind wrapped around the ph tester digital pen was more than a little hurdle. I am almost never checking ph these days.

Those GH nuts are gonna rock. Go easy at first. I imagine the nutes will be puffing this thing out like popcorn.
Great.

Yeah...I hope so..I'm going to go with the ppm method figuring out how strong to go..will start about 950 ppm...

I've been very diligent about checking ph..I think it's helped a lot. I like the color chart and the manual checking. I'm lucky..my water is about 7.0 to 7.1 consistently. I don't want to get complacent with it though..wanna make sure nutes are available.

Now that we're in the fattening stage or close enough...I'm going to flush tomorrow and finish that with a light dose of the FloraNova...I like that it's a one shot deal...

No mixing up a bunch of stuff. I might want a sweetner for the final flushing but right now..I've got about 30 days left on the gdp and would like to really fatten these buds up..

shit i remember u guys were gettin on me like crazy about checkin the ph cause my plants were turnin yellow like crazy, now that i got all the shit i need to get the ph under control my plants have totally turned around, you can even see on one of the plants were the colas at the bottom are yellow chopped leaves and the whole tops of them now are all nice green frosty leaves its crazy lookin, but yea i think im gonna go to the chart deal, question for ya though, i've fed, fed, and fed, now i wanna water, what do u think??? and the water is 7.5 do u think i should put some phdown in it?? let me know what u think... :tokin:

shit i remember u guys were gettin on me like crazy about checkin the ph cause my plants were turnin yellow like crazy, now that i got all the shit i need to get the ph under control my plants have totally turned around, you can even see on one of the plants were the colas at the bottom are yellow chopped leaves and the whole tops of them now are all nice green frosty leaves its crazy lookin, but yea i think im gonna go to the chart deal, question for ya though, i've fed, fed, and fed, now i wanna water, what do u think??? and the water is 7.5 do u think i should put some phdown in it?? let me know what u think... :tokin:

The instructions call for feed, water, water, feed. The reason for this, as long as you have 10% to 20% runoff per watering, is so that the nutes don't build up in your soil and are "flushed" out so to speak.

This slight flush per watering will really help keep your plants healthy.

7.5 ph is too high..get it down to 6.8 to 7.0. Most nutrients in a soil grow are absorbed from 6.5 to 7.5 ph I think...check the nute chart for that...

nutrient_chart_4543.gif

Back
Top Bottom