Stix Test Grow

Re: StiX' Test Grow

thanx P. Hey P, do you use anything to control the smell of your grow? I only have 5 plants growing, less then 1 week in flower and I can smell it through the basement and sometimes on the first floor! I have one of those possitive ionizers and I have a hepa filter mounted on the wall.

It's ONLY 5 plants! what am I gonna do when I have 42 down there at one time.. 18 flowering ----18 in the oven----6 momma's. The next thing I will try is probally one of those charcoal filters with a 6" hose connected to a fan circulating the air within the room.

Do you or anyone have any suggestions for controlling the smell with so many plants growing at once?

P-420 Doesnt it stink outside? I have close neighbors. I have to get rid of all the smell before I thought about venting it outside. It looks like I'll need a carbon can filter with another fan.

rhythmbandit, It's for myself and friends. You won't be catching me slinging on the street corner.:grinjoint:

Well venting out side would solve a lot of your problems but only if you could vent it out of the roof. Since you are starting in the basement that might be hard. If you can find a way to put it out through the roof the neighbors will never smell it IMO because by the time it gets back down to the grown it will have difused....Also since it will be rather warm are it will go straight up not down.... Hope this helps....

stix said:
P-420 Doesnt it stink outside? I have close neighbors. I have to get rid of all the smell before I thought about venting it outside. It looks like I'll need a carbon can filter with another fan.

rhythmbandit, It's for myself and friends. You won't be catching me slinging on the street corner.:grinjoint:
no smell because the smell is sucked out with the warm air of the grow room and straight out of the roof, hot air rises so the smell goes with it and I live in a single story raised ranch style of home. :bong:

that is an ignorant misconception/stereotype about Canada, actually where I live its no colder then any state that gets snow like NY, Michigan, Ohio, New England etc and its A LOT warmer then say Minnesota, Wisconsin etc. the summer is just as warm as any state except the most southern part of the states. we get weather in the high 80's-90's in the summer. I don't know why so many Americans stereotype Canada like that. WE BASICALLY HAVE THE EXACT CLIMATE AS MOST OF THE US!
Peace P420

lol p420, thanx for clearing that up

no problem, lol.
I just don't know why people think it's so cold in Canada when it produces a lot of the world's greatest pot.

lol, take it easy P! Cold is not a bad thing! JK.. anyway, I'm having a prob. for the last couple days I've been noticing some of the leaves on a couple of the plants curling. Not sure what that means. There on 750 PPM nutes, getting fed every 6 hours 15 minutes at a time. I'll post pics as soon as my camera charges up. I left it on again.

Also, I'm seeing signs of nute burn on only 1 plant..... the edges are showing some yellowing, not much though. Kinda strange, there all on the same hydro system but only 1 plant is showing signs of burns.. It's very possible its a different strain of bag seed.

Here's the curling leaves.

testflowerday6sick11.jpg

testflowerday6sick4.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the.... nute burn?

testflowerday6sick21.jpg

testflowerday6sick31.jpg

Those curling leaves look like they are just dying, unless it becomes a trend I wouldn't worry about it. As for the burning yeah I agree that it's most likely nute or PH burn.

As for the rest? Fuck yeah bro!! Lookin good. Gonna be a great test of your system, I'm curious about what kind of yield to expect.

It does happen, I was picking a few leaves up a week once I went into flowering. Sexing varies in time, could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. It depends on how much growing the plants want to do. I've noticed that the younger you flower the longer it takes for the sex to show. Also females take longer to show then males, so you could take it as a good sign. teg's plants took forever to show but he ended up with both females. So just try to be patient with it, they'll show when they are ready. What you're looking for is little white hairs coming out of the nodes.

Back
Top Bottom