Goldbud's Ebb and Flow White Russian - 2011

This is a great journal. It's clean, concise, professional. I have one DS300 with E&F, BPN Elite en route, and will follow your grow to a tee. :) Well done!

Great job GoldBud! Those girls are ripe and ready. Just flush the nutrient residue, harvest and cure; I think you'll find that you hit a grand slam. I think your yield will also exceed expectations. I guess it always helps to be a horticultural scientist.

Thank you on behalf of all the 420Magazine readers. You truly set the standard. I'll be watching and rooting for you. The future looks bright!

Don't forget to post pics of your buds, post-harvest.

Thanks everybody.

Curbcheck - That's awesome, buddy. I'm really glad that my journal will serve as your guide; I tried to be detailed enough so anybody can do just that. I hope your grow goes as well as mine, and if you have any questions or want any guidance, just let me know.

p604- Thanks for stopping by. I will keep everyone up to date. I'm happy to help provide info for these lights. Its always nice to have some extra opinions.

I should be harvesting in the next few days, so stay tuned.

Flowering, Day 64

Hey all. I was planning on harvesting yesterday, but I decided that I want to let the trichomes get a bit more amber. Right now, they are nice and cloudy, and I am really anxious to harvest, but I don't want to jump the gun.

Hopefully, they finish up in the next couple of days or so.

Here are some pics. Enjoy.

IMG_22336.JPG
IMG_22466.JPG
IMG_22425.JPG
IMG_22415.JPG
IMG_22397.JPG
IMG_22388.JPG
IMG_22405.JPG
IMG_22435.JPG
IMG_22379.JPG
IMG_22366.JPG
IMG_22356.JPG
IMG_22274.JPG
IMG_22264.JPG
IMG_22257.JPG

Holy Sh!t... This is really impressive.

I'm glad you decided to give the flush a couple more days.

Your patience is only rivaled by your attention to detail. I might point out that you seem to have so many THC crystals that your trichomes might always be a little "cloudy".

I always follow the theory that when the hairs at the growing tip begin to shrivel, your plants are ripe.

You have now flushed for 9 days. I think harvest could occur anytime within the next 48 to 72 hours. Take as much care curing as you you did growing and you will enter the ranks of the legendary.

Congratulations! I'm proud of you.

Thanks, guys. Your support through this grow has been amazing.

Flowering, Day 67

That was yesterday. I'm at the stage now where I am ready to harvest. I'm a little gunshy, as the trichomes aren't as amber as I would like, but I think it is time to go. They're starting to turn amber in spots, but the fan leaves are yellowing and I don't want to overdo it.

I think Dean's criteria for ripeness might be spot on, but I want to get some more opinions. What does everybody think on this matter?

Here are some pics, as usual.

Also, I'll be entering these girls in the Plant of the Month contest. I think I have a pretty good shot, too. If you guys could vote for me, I'd appreciate it. I'll post when I have entered the contest.

IMG_22484.JPG
IMG_22504.JPG
IMG_22515.JPG
IMG_22545.JPG
IMG_22586.JPG
IMG_22594.JPG
IMG_22613.JPG

Stop pussyfooting around and harvest those babies. You can plainly see that the plant has ripened and is on the wane. The yellowing leaves (as well as those amazingly ripe looking colas) are a further cue.

The time has come... snip, snip.

Advanced LED and BPN has a new best friend. :) You have my vote, Goldbud.

After growing 12 plants under four 100w lights, how many plants you would recommend growing under one DS300? (no SCROG)

you can hear opinions all day on when to harvest and none of them will be the same.

personal opinion of mine: i picked up some bud from the local co-op by me and they had 2 different white rhinos. one was harvested with mostly cloudy and few amber, and one was harvested with at least 80% amber (they had a 400x magnified lens) and they looked similar bare eyed BUT the longer flowered one was more swollen and stinkier/sweeter smelling. ANYwho i bough a few grams of each since i always wanted to try a side by side comparison from the same batch in different maturitiy stage. and over all the longer flowered white rhino was the best and i got rid of the rest of the other stuff....i gave it away didnt donate it i gave it away to my buddy.i considered it bammer/mids even though it was appealing and smelled great i still had some that was unarguably better.
way more of a couch lock high. i personally dont want to grow weed to get an "uppy" high thats what crack and meth does lol i want to grow weed that has me and my friends sitting silent in a room with no t.v looking at posters on the wall but completely entertained at the same time..thats the high cheech and chong were always glorifying, thats the type of high marijuana is infamous for. id take it to the limit and wait for amber if this is your person stash for yourself. cloudy is for medicinal purposes so people can still go to work but still feel like they have some sort of a buzz...aka not couch locked and not out of your mind high.

this is only my opinion and the white rhino is my personal hands on experiment with the same batch chopped at different times

NOW to compliment you on your great work. ive been waiting on the sidelines to see your final result since im growing the same strain and im impressed and very anxious to get to flowering myself now. your white russians are frosty, dense, and the light green reminds me of a blue dream type of nugs. if you enter it in plant of the month im sure youll catch alot of attention with this one. i would love to see it in the contest deffiantely wouldnt be shocked if you won

Curbcheck- Thanks a bunch. I would suggest 4-9 plants. Essentially, you have a 3'x3' area of "core coverage" to work with. With the Ebb 'n flow, you can fit (at most) 9 pots in that space. The benefit of using more plants is that you can spend less time in veg, shortening the total length of the grow. It may also mean having to prune more. I prefer to go with more, so the individual plants spend less energy developing leaves and stems before they start producing bud.

Chief and Dean- I agree with what you say, Chief, about having good, old-fashioned, mind-melting pot. I ended up harvesting at 68 days, per Dean's advice, because the plants did really appear to be on the decline. We will see what happens during the smoke tests, but I have a feeling this may be some of that mind-melting pot. Now that I've cut it and hung it up to dry, it seems to be getting stinkier by the day.

Flowering, Day 68...HARVEST

The time has come (this past Friday, actually) to harvest! I cut the plants and tied them up to hang upside down in my grow closet. I plan to put a nice, slow dry on them, so I left the plants intact, aside from removing a few fan leaves. I have been running my exhaust fan around the clock, and I've aimed my circulation fans to the ceiling of the chamber. This way, I maintain great air circulation without blowing directly on the plants, ensuring even drying. I also got a little humidity gauge, and the humidity in the closet is being maintained at roughly 55%.

Here are some pics just before I harvested, as well as one showing my drying set-up.

IMG_22687.JPG
IMG_22696.JPG
IMG_22747.JPG
IMG_22736.JPG
IMG_22724.JPG
IMG_22756.JPG

Thanks a bunch for everybody's support throughout this grow. It's been a bunch of fun, and now it's time to play the waiting game. I will update with a smoke report, when the time comes. Thanks again! :thanks:

Curbcheck- Thanks a bunch. I would suggest 4-9 plants. Essentially, you have a 3'x3' area of "core coverage" to work with. With the Ebb 'n flow, you can fit (at most) 9 pots in that space. The benefit of using more plants is that you can spend less time in veg, shortening the total length of the grow. It may also mean having to prune more. I prefer to go with more, so the individual plants spend less energy developing leaves and stems before they start producing bud.

Chief and Dean- I agree with what you say, Chief, about having good, old-fashioned, mind-melting pot. I ended up harvesting at 68 days, per Dean's advice, because the plants did really appear to be on the decline. We will see what happens during the smoke tests, but I have a feeling this may be some of that mind-melting pot. Now that I've cut it and hung it up to dry, it seems to be getting stinkier by the day.

Flowering, Day 68...HARVEST

The time has come (this past Friday, actually) to harvest! I cut the plants and tied them up to hang upside down in my grow closet. I plan to put a nice, slow dry on them, so I left the plants intact, aside from removing a few fan leaves. I have been running my exhaust fan around the clock, and I've aimed my circulation fans to the ceiling of the chamber. This way, I maintain great air circulation without blowing directly on the plants, ensuring even drying. I also got a little humidity gauge, and the humidity in the closet is being maintained at roughly 55%.

Here are some pics just before I harvested, as well as one showing my drying set-up.

IMG_22687.JPG
IMG_22696.JPG
IMG_22747.JPG
IMG_22736.JPG
IMG_22724.JPG
IMG_22756.JPG

Thanks a bunch for everybody's support throughout this grow. It's been a bunch of fun, and now it's time to play the waiting game. I will update with a smoke report, when the time comes. Thanks again! :thanks:

I Can not wait till your numbers on yield come in, I cant believe u did this grow with 4 100 watt leds. I was thinking about ordering from Eshines the Chinese maker of advanced lights, but i might just order 4 of those 100 watt lights from advanced..I have a dr150w and 2 600s.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom