Goldbud's Ebb and Flow White Russian - 2011

Thanks, Chief. Glad to have you back. I chose White Russian for the same reason as you; its genetics are amazing. It is reportedly one of the most potent strains in history, with THC levels ~20%. Thanks a bunch for the kudos, I can't imagine how burly these girls will be by harvest.

Ive seen massive yields from WR also..actually a member entered white russian in plant of the month this month that is huge. It has massive colas, and one branch goes from the bottom of the plant near the soil all the way up about 4 feet and on the other end is like a half ounce of juicyness. Im a huge fan of wr now

Flowering, Day 43

I am into the seventh week of flowering with my White Russians, and things are looking great. According to the information available on the strain, I should have about three more weeks.

Today, I topped off the res with about 3 gallons RO water, and added the nutrients equivalent to 2 gallons at 12 mL Grow, 7 mL Micro, 20 mL Bloom, and 10 mL Bloom Booster each per gallon. After correcting the pH to 5.6, the solution strength was ~1220 ppm. This is a bit stronger than I had it the previous week (1180 ppm), so I will have to keep an eye on the girls to make sure that they are still happy.

I also removed some lower leaves that were starting to die back due to lack of light, and I did a bit of fan leaf trimming to open up the canopy to let a bit more light in.

Here are this weeks pics. I took a bunch with the lights off; this gives a pretty good feel for what the plants actually look like (but the focus sometimes leaves a bit to be desired).

IMG_20996.jpg
IMG_21026.jpg
IMG_21016.jpg
IMG_21054.jpg
IMG_21065.jpg
IMG_21115.jpg
IMG_21104.jpg
IMG_21145.jpg
IMG_21134.jpg
IMG_21152.jpg
IMG_21202.jpg
IMG_21223.jpg
IMG_21295.jpg

Wow! I'd love to live in that jungle!

I think you'll be okay in regard to the slightly higher nutrient concentration.

The Reverse Osmosis Filter is a real plus. It really gives you the ability to control your nutrient balance.

The only thing that you could do to improve on what you're accomplishing is to add CO2 infusion and some side lights.

As it is, it looks like you're on track for a great harvest. Keep up the good work!

whats the best organic nutrient package to get for the first time user of your product, i like to keep it simple:thanks:

After seeing Goldbud's results, I'd call Blue Planet Nutrients to ask them their advice in regard to nutrients.

In regard to simplicity, planting seeds in the ground outdoors (in the spring) is as simple as it gets. Just remember to get the right variety.

That said, Goldbud's setup is simple, clean, energy efficient and generally awesome. It does, however, speak to what some research and education can do. Maybe it's worth the "complications". Just look at the results.

GB:

You must barely be able to contain yourself. What beautiul colas! That should be a great harvest in a few weeks.

Man, those white russians are doing some quick growing it seems. I looked back 1 page and this time last month they had no buds on them at all lol.

Just picked me up a clone of this here white russian so i can finally see what this amazing strain is all about. Hows yours smelling right now? Is it a stronger smelling plant or is it a light smeller?

Thanks a bunch, guys. This has been an amazing strain to watch develop.

Chief- Yeah, I was worried that my timers were malfunctioning in the beginning because it took a while for them to show signs of flowering, but then they just exploded. The girls smell great, but they're not overpowering. The odor is easily managed with a carbon filter.

Jay- Thanks, man. I'm not quite sure what I'll yield. This is my first grow with these lights, but in my previous grows in this tent, I've pulled in 10-12 oz/grow. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I should be able to pull in 8 oz or more.

Flowering, Day 50

Actually, that was yesterday, but just getting around to this now.

Yesterday, I topped off my res and then boosted the volume to 50 gallons, about 8-9 gallons. To bring the nutes up to strength, I added 7 gallons worth of nutes at 12 mL Grow, 7 mL Micro, 20 mL Bloom, and 10 mL Bloom Booster each per gallon. At 5.6 pH, the nutrient strength was ~1200 ppm.

I'm coming down the final stretch with these beauts, and I'm starting to get really excited. I figure I more week of nutes before I flush, then another week or so before harvest.

As usual, here are some pics.

IMG_21699.JPG
IMG_21706.JPG
IMG_21716.JPG
IMG_21776.JPG
IMG_21806.JPG
IMG_21817.JPG
IMG_21903.JPG
IMG_21935.JPG
IMG_21944.JPG
IMG_21953.JPG

It just keeps getting better. If I had to guess I think your yield could be as much as 300 to 400 grams. From what I can see, you're getting close.

Thanks a lot, guys.

Pilot- The lights are great. They've exceeded all of my expectations. They make it really easy to keep the temp down, without sacrificing growing power.

Flowering, Day 57

Here we go, everybody. Final week. Yesterday, I started my flush. I plan on flushing for the next week and harvesting on Sunday (day 63).

I had to do a bit of staking up limbs today. It's always a good sign when the plants are falling over due to the weight of the buds. :thumb:

Here are some pics; as you will see, the girls are nice and frosty and getting pretty thick. They smell sweet and delicious.

IMG_22036.JPG
IMG_22046.JPG
IMG_22074.JPG
IMG_22094.JPG
IMG_22105.JPG
IMG_22115.JPG
IMG_22173.JPG
IMG_22202.JPG
IMG_22213.JPG

Back
Top Bottom