Stoner ingenuity

Yo HappyHaz, hows it hangin... (srry my keyboard decided it's french now and so nothing works right, esp question marks).

Thought Id ring you up here and make sure you`re not just a neck with a bloody stump after testing our genius pipe idea. After our discussion, I realized that Im not sure I want to keep on living in a world where such a contraption does not exist. I`ve no doubt that should we unleash this tech into the world, Nobel prizes would flow, we`d be immortalized in song by Weird Al and Willie Nelson both, and lastly, obviously, countries would be named after us.
4fe0d3e5b8abb6c555ca13f49e5887c56b1c8ede.jpeg

So I am on the hunt for an animal skull for the next "piece" I want to make. Through a couple google holes I came across crystal dipping....which is where you take an item put it in a solution and in a while it grows crystals or formations..... The two I'm looking at are bismuth and borax crystals....both easy to work with and fairly safe....with caution.

But my idea is to find an animal skull...clean it if it needs it(trying to find an already cleaned head) then drill a couple holes, one for the mouth piece pipe, one for the carb, and one for the bowl head. Then use plugs to seal carb and bowl head holes, while leaving mouth pipe open. The idea is to have the crystals grow on the skull and up the mouth piece to create a crystal seal, so I don't have to use glues or epoxies to hold it together.....just bone and stone baby :cool:

Here's a couple pics of the borax crystals(first 2) and 2 of the bismuth.... I think this will be a neat project while im in between plants lol...just need to stay on it lol

iqg1gv42n6k51.jpg

download.jpeg

images.jpeg

large-bismuth-crystal_400x333.jpg

Oh, yes. You’re on a good idea here fo sho. Growing crystals is tres bad ass. Growing them as a building material is very clever. I do believe that a few test subjects might be needed so you can develop the skill of knowing what the crystals are about to do based on their recent formations. It’s not always obvious and they can move in fits and starts but they do give a lot of clues. I hope you’ll be up for sharing the path to success, crystal growth is utterly fascinating and beautiful. I made three attempts at bismuth but in the end could not tame the beast. Using pepto really isnt the way to go and you can the straight dope pretty easily nowadays. They are like cannabis, put all your effort in acquiring the best possible starting ingredients or you will be fighting constant irregularities instead of just sheparding a true thing of beauty. Really exciting idea. I’ve got a few skulls around here somewhere…. Bird skulls are amazing and my specialty, very very frail, paper thin but so very beautiful. Canines, deer, monkeys are all very tough and not too big. I typically bury them or put them in the ocean for cleaning. I found a bald eagle floating dead in the ocean once and kept and cleaned all of it. I’ve made about 25 antler pipes for friends and such but never used the whole shooting match. In a year they’re very clean after soaking or burial if already sufficiently degraded. Take your time with this one and it’ll be a life achievement. Let us know if you need any help. Bob chance.

I know, I can see that, just trying to be funny.
Hit the mark lol.

But yea I've grown a few crystals in the past... Using borax,bismuth,and a few of those wonky national geographic crystal grow kits. And I have a collection of animal remains plus some human.....speaking of if I could get a human skull that would be tits....but..... They're In the $1,000s even for an inmate's skull.....and it needs to come with a serial number....or you can get in a lot of trouble lol so since all those factors I chose animal lol. I've already sourced the skull I want(fox or beaver) and yes even a few practice skulls(cat).... Both are fairly cheap I can get the cat skulls for about 15$ and the fox/beaver skulls $30+-.....and all cleaned.
Ive never tried to make one this way so if you @ReservoirDog want to help with some ideas I'm all ears.

I know I'm going to have to suspend anything I'm trying to make upside down in the solution for crystal to grow.. so buckets or big ass jars will b needed

And I also have considered that the plugs for the carb, bowl head, and smoking pipe will all have to be sealed off or capped with wax....reason being I can heat the wax to melt it free....as opposed to using like rubber/ plastic/metal that have the potential to stick to crystal making opening those at the end a challenge without breaking it.

For the glass inner workings for the smoke chamber I have something in mind...but I may just have my buddy blow a few glass orbs with some stems attached. I'm finding somewhat of what i think I need on line but nothing exact.

For now that's where I am at with the thought....I know ambitious....but hey if it isn't a struggle is it even worth it ;)

I can't speak for growing crystals - so I stick to what grows in my forest!! or recycling bin!!!
1656509678053.png

I also have a vape that uses a soldering gun, pasta sauce jar and various tubes and copper plumbing fittings. I'll have to look for the pic.

I can't speak for growing crystals - so I stick to what grows in my forest!! or recycling bin!!!
1656509678053.png

I also have a vape that uses a soldering gun, pasta sauce jar and various tubes and copper plumbing fittings. I'll have to look for the pic.
Love those pieces.... I'm not to experienced with crystal work but I must test myself other wise I won't give it my all.... If I know I can do it I won't get the sense of accomplishment lol

Plus smoking out a crystal skull is metal as fuuuuhhhhh :headbanger:

1656509678053.png

luvly mate, luvly. Ahhhh, bringing back the memories. Looks like you have what you need there, I`d say, with some luvly sunshine on top. Do you often piss in your bong! Ha! Just joking, cant help me self. Those pieces are just so evocative, I`m instantly 25 again, whittling every moment I had. Congratulations, great work. Doesn`t weed taste amazing in something you`ve spent 40 hours making in your hands... I think so.

Yo HH, smoking crystal skulls is punk rock dude, metal too. might have to change your handle if you pull this off.... Does Iron Maiden sell Eddie figures still, I`ve always thought he`d make an amazing bong or pipe.
Hahaha not gonna lie I have thought to make a new account under the handle "The Grim Reefer" :cheesygrinsmiley: .... But don't want to have to start from The beginning lol.

But yea an Eddie bong would be sweet...Ive always liked old school album art.

I started sourcing supplies....and decided to not go with real bones for sanitary reasons....so I have replica resin life sized human skulls and replica resin fox skull, and crystal materials in cart ready for purchase and my girl works at a smoke shop so we're gonna go through glass catalogues and whole sale order what I want/need. ... She's telling me I can basically get anything I want for like $5 at most a piece....so I should be able to start this mid next week once everything arrives.

Hey wether it be a smoking piece or an object to get the stoner to a smoking piece it's all welcomed here.

Where'd you get the piece from?

That's a stalk from a 12' tall chocolate Thai plant I grew in my backyard in 1983
Hell yea that's sweeeeeeeet... I bet no one near you has a cane they grew.

Ok so I haven't been working on the piece I last mentioned.... Life....that's all I have to say :laugh: but since this is a smokers creation thread....I'd like to give a shout out to @PerfectPipe I just received they're two pipe prize pack and I have to say......this thing kicks ass :headbanger:. Well built and a bunch of accessories.
So thanks perfect pipe for helping with the buzz tonight ;).

IMG_20220722_163310705.jpg

IMG_20220722_164203758.jpg

IMG_20220722_164157430.jpg

IMG_20220722_164020288.jpg

I prefer un filter

16585227533972204710470782804828.jpg
Bro my mom has one....I've tried for years for her to let me smoke out of it....just once lol it's been on the mantle since I was a kid.

Bro my mom has one....I've tried for years for her to let me smoke out of it....just once lol it's been on the mantle since I was a kid.
I got that one going thru indian res.thru the black hills Sturgis..

Back
Top Bottom