Super Lemon Haze x 3

BTzGrow

This will be a Hempy Bucket based grow of three Super Lemon Haze Fem'd Photo Seeds.

Grown indoors in a climate controlled environment that typically keeps the temp between 75-79 degrees F with a humidity that typically seems to be stable around 50%.

I will be using a mix of Cali-Magic, Dyna Gro Grow, and a Greenway Botanical Potash powder mixed in RO water. I will be changing the ratios throughout the grow slightly in response to feeding needs. Ratios will be provide during the grow.

I'm using a Gorilla Grow Tent system staring in my smaller veg tent that is a 2'x2.5'x5'7". I have created a small raised table at about 20" off the floor for the tent to sit on to reduce the bending over and into the tent on the floor. I've already experienced the ease of use with my most recent UK Cheese grow.

Light is provided by Black Magic Perfect Sun Mini's. Initially using one in the veg tent. Once I move the girls into the larger flowering tent there will be two of the Mini's in that space.

August the 10 2020 - I dropped 3 Super Lemon Haze seeds in RO water mix described below.

I used a diluted mixture of 70ml RO with 1ml of 13% H202 in a small cup. Soaked for about 10hrs and then poured the liquid and seeds onto a paper shop towel which I felt is less course than standard paper towels. Folded and sealed in a ziplock lunch baggie and started checking the next morning.

Two of the seed had cracked by the next morning within 24hrs of dropping them. The third seed took an additional day. Once the seeds cracked the immediately were planted into Root Riots.

The first two seeds had no problem shedding their husks but the third already behind the other two had difficulty. I was able to gently coax the husk off on the third day.

Withing a very short time all three showed the robust growing behavior that I remembered from previous SLH grows.
This picture is from the 14th just 3 and a half days after the seed drop.

August 18th AM - A week after seed drop I up planted the three girls in small Solo Cup sized plastic stadium cups with a small drain hole about 1.5" above the bottom of the cup.
Since I still have another plant growing in the smaller tent I chose to go with the smaller cups as they fit well into an irrigation tray and fit next to and lower than the other plant.

Initially the light manufacture suggest allowing the plants to adjust to the light spectrum at a distance of at least 30inches. So I raised the flowering UK Cheese Auto plant up and put this tray with the little ones on the tent floor.

August 18th PM - Just about 12hrs later after the move into the tent with light they are showing their enthusiasm.
As with my previous SLH girls I named these. I give them names of ladies from the past who share certain attributes of these little ones.

August 22nd - The robust growing behavior of these plants never fails to please. Just 4days since the up potting and look what they are doing. Awesome to say the least.

My seedling feed starts with just pH balanced RO during the initial grow time in the Root Riots. Once I put them into the cups I begin to feed them a 1/2 strength Clonex solution at abut 2.5mil per liter and pH'd to 5.85.

Since putting them in the cup I have been feeding then twice a day about 60ml of this mix. It appears that they have hit the reservoir at this point so I'm backing the frequency down to once a day. The cups have a very shallow reservoir that only holds about 4oz of liquid.

My plan at this point is to feed them this dose level until I run out of the liter I mixed and then increase the dose to 10ml per liter until they are ready to be potted in the final Hempy 2gal Buckets that I use for my indoor grow.

It's been approximately 3weeks since these wonderful seeds were dropped. As I have said often this is a great strain to grow. At three weeks they are pushing their 5th node out strongly.
They appear to be a little droopy and that's because I pushed to see how empty I could get them. Part of that effort is to force some drought growth. My experience is it forces the roots so push out and search for every little bit of moisture they can. I want as much root growth in the small cups so when I up pot next week after the topping the roots will get busy searching for that new reservoir. That's the plan anyway.

I'm going to wait until I see a little separation above the 6th and top at that point. I might start a little bit of LST this week.

One final note of the feeding. They are now on the big girl feed. No more baby formula. So here it is.

Per Gallon of RO:
5ml of Calimagic
6ml of DynaGrow ProTek
3mi of DynaGrow Grow.

I will be increasing the numbers of all by 1ml when I up pot them. They will be very ready at that point. I have a final formula for stretch and a slightly amended one for flowering. That will be covered at a later date as they progress. All this comes from my past three years of experience with these products.

Peace Out folks and stay safe please.

One final request. Look deep in your heart for what you know is kind and right and in the best interests of all and please VOTE and encourage your family and friends to do the same. Our lives and the future of America depends on it.

I have many very progressive political opinions and I'm not a single issue voter. However and that being said there is one issue that I will take a very strong stance on. Cannabis decriminalization and complete Federal and State Legalization.

I will make a solid vote against any party that doesn't support and defend the right of citizens to Cannabis. One party in particular it seems is dead set against Cannabis. Any politician that follows that party platform with never get my vote. Simply belonging to that part would most likely dis-qualify then regardless.

There is another party that seems to (for the most part) support legalization and decriminalization. A few old Dino-saurs are still resistant and on the fence and they need to pass the torch.

In one specific case I will vote for a candidate that doesn't seem to support the idea but that is because the option is so bad that I look towards the future and not regressing into the past.

I realize there is still much progress that needs to be made and for those politicians who are considered centrist or left of centrist who can't get with the program they also need to pass the torch.

Even if you live in a state that is legal there are many who don't and we must think of the needs of the many and not just ourselves. Even if all of the states were to become legal, until cannabis is legal Federally we are not free of prosecution.

There is still much to be done to make cannabis less regulated than alcohol for the home grower and user.

Now it's up to you to decide how you will consider the same. There I said my peace on the matter.

These three plants are taking off and tearing it up. At three weeks they are pushing out their 6th nodes. They are full and at this point like previous SLH have extremely broad leaves that are a nice dark and rich green. They are on a full fertilization dose at this point and responding well. More pictures to come soon and most likely with be of the before and after topping session.

4Weeks from seed drop and these three beauties are growing like we all would love to see all our early grows perform.

I topped them yesterday morning and if they perform like previous SLH grows the really won't even notice. The have the Veg tent completely to themselves and I'm rotating their positions every day to give each an opportunity for the center position.

I'm hoping to up-pot them in the next few days just waiting for the outside temps to break and give me a cooler morning to rinse perlite and set up the 2gal buckets.

Finally had a break in the horrid temperature where I live. Of course partly because of a wildfire about 25miles away because the smoke is thick so the sun isn't getting through. So I woke up early this morning with the intent to up pot my girls while the temp was comfortable outside. It was actually 60degrees at 6am.

Cleaned my buckets and rinsed my perlite. Put in the clay pellets around the Hempy drain hole and then filled the rest of the way with perlite until I achieved the correct height like so.
At this point I fill in around the cup and then remove the cup from the root filled perlite that actually holds it all together.
Place into the waiting perlite hole and fill around until the new pot is full.
When finished the three look nice an comfy in their new 2gallon Hempy pots.

They are actually a little taller in the tent and closer to the light with the new buckets. Current PPFD measures is approximately 350ish for a DLI of 30.2 for a 24hr light period. I will maintain the light period at 24hrs on until the flip which should happen in about two weeks.

I'm planning a little 5 day trip away and have an interesting idea based on the Swick feeding technique modified for the Hempy idea. We shall see how that works out. Stay tuned.

Nice transplants BT! Those are pretty fat leaves for a haze :).
Agreed, but going back and looking at my previous grows they look normal at this stage. @FelipeBlu mentioned that a couple of weeks ago when we were catching up so I went back a looked. It is a hybrid and 60/40 Staiva so that would perhaps explain it.

BTW Felipe is fighting the good fight up in NoCal with the fires dropping ash hard and thick. He's having to blow it off the outdoor plants. I'm not envious of him at all in the moment. I'm planning a trip up to the Crescent City/Smith River area the beginning of next week and will stop in on the way up for a visit to check out his girls first hand. He is doing well just really busy in life right now.

I had a change of mind over the weekend as I began to plan a little road trip that will take me away from my plants for about a week. Initially I considered a modified SWICK technique. With my Hempy that meant I needed to put the buckets with their elevated holes in a tray and fill above the holes. That would cause the water level in the buckets to be higher than the reservoir level hole. Not good. Besides my buckets were a bit too big for the tray as I attempted to put 3 of them in.

That made me go back and revisit my Ebb & Flow technique I used last year. My big mistake last time was using Rose buckets with holes on the bottom. My come away from that experience was that Hempy buckets would work better with a fill cycle that was less frequent. The tray would fill up above the reservoir drain hole for about 5minutes and then when the pump shut off the level in the tray would drain and leave a fresh fill in the Hempy reservoir.

Unfortunately the blue Lowe's buckets I transplanted into a week ago are too big for the trays as discovered earlier. So - What to do? How about transplant into the smaller Dollar Tree Waste Baskets I have used before. Plenty of room for three of those in the tray. In fact if I got really crazy I could put 5 of them in.

So I did a wet transfer and here's the results.

I did feed them the liquid that was still in the reservoirs of the larger buckets and will wait until they have feed the level down a couple of days to encourage root growth and expansion. The roots hadn't really grown much in the last week since the previous up-pot.

So I will mix up a fertilization mix in a day or so and pour it into the tray and then run the pump and all should be good. Fingers crossed. I did test run the pump and it works so with everything hooked up it should work well. Pictures to follow of that process in a day or so.

As I'm preparing for a week away from home to visit my son and @FelipeBlu in Northern California I needed to find a way to securely feed my little ones while I'm gone.

Last year I worked with an idea called Ebb&Flow and had "meh" success. The biggest issue was the type of pot I used. Some may remember I used open bottom Rose Buckets. The idea was sound except the roots snaked their way out of the bottom and feed on left over fluid in the Ebb tray.

Back to the drawing board as I'm using Hempy (perlite) as my grow media it just needs a little refresh every couple of days. So I took the 1.5gal Dollar Tree waste baskets and drilled 4 holes at the 2inch level above the bottom of the basket. The idea is to flood the ebb & flow tray every two days for about 5 minutes and let the nutrient rich water flood into the Hempy reservoir.
It might be difficult to see but the liquid level is about an inch and half from the top of the clear tray in this picture. In the middle of the tray are two pass thru ebb&flow devices. One to fill and the second as a safety measure to keep the system from over flowing. Kind of like the overflow drain on a bathtub.

I will have the system on a timer and set to come on every other day as I want the Hempy system to force root growth in the bucket. Keep the reservoir full all the time with not encourage the roots to grow quite as much.

So today I did my final test and will set a time on the pump and wait and observe the next time it's set to run before taking off on my road trip. While visiting Felipeblu each way I intend to take a few pictures to up day his grow some.

Back
Top Bottom