Supercropping: fact or myth?

Autofacade

Hello and thanks for popping in.
So as the header states. Is supercropping a myth or fact?

Is supercropping worth the added stress and recovery time of your plants? Does it actually add onto your harvest.

I run a trellis net and would normally super crop them down before putting them under the net? It normally means putting a pause on the veg up to a week before I see them start to grow again and normally flip to flowering at this stage.

My plants are in week 7 of veg with some solid branches now.

Attachments

• 20200613_105151.jpg
    20200613_105151.jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20200613_110052.jpg
    20200613_110052.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 95
Super cropping is a great tool to have in the box, a quick and simple way to shape plants. A life saver if you run out of height in a grow space.
If I have the time though, I personally would prefer to bend plants rather than crop, but I only have a small number of plants running at one time.

Edit; didn't realise it was you until after I'd responded , ha ha , just woken up.
Hope you're good bud.

Not an expert here but I think if you supercrop one branch at a time then wait a couple days and do another branch you can complete the task without slowing her down.

Suoercropping is a fact not a myth, whether the harvest is larger is difficult to prove. One would need clone sisters in a side by side comparison. I think my plants are healthy and yield more when using super cropping technique but my thoughts are not hard data.

Mmm super cropping or pinching of the stem to bend it over with out breaking it !

Ye it works :)

Very little stress to be honest.

It allows more light penetration to the lower bud sites which in gain fatten up only works so far once you factor in depreciation of light over distance etc.

This is where defoliation comes into play later on in flowering as well.

Back
Top Bottom