Supergroomer Tries to Clone with the Clone King 25

100% success rate. Flowering clones take longer then veg, but they have all rooted for me!!! :peace:
Thanks for the rapid reply. I have bought one and is there any tricks you've learned concerning the cloner. How high can the temp climb in the reservoir before trouble? Been running for 2 days straight, and temp. is 78 and holding. Room is air conditioned to 74F . If water temp. goes above 80, should I change the reservoir water?? :thanks:

Thanks for the rapid reply. I have bought one and is there any tricks you've learned concerning the cloner. How high can the temp climb in the reservoir before trouble? Been running for 2 days straight, and temp. is 78 and holding. Room is air conditioned to 74F . If water temp. goes above 80, should I change the reservoir water?? :thanks:

Temps have not seemed to be much of a problem. The jets get clogged sometimes. I found a product called Clear Rez and a couple tsp of that and no more problems. :peace:

Temps have not seemed to be much of a problem. The jets get clogged sometimes. I found a product called Clear Rez and a couple tsp of that and no more problems. :peace:
Thanks for the clear rez info. I had roots starting after 2 days, but today is day 4 and I've seen very little growth. Changed reservoir today, went from 80 down to 67, instantly. I hope I made the right move ? Will know tomorrow !! :thanks:

High All,
My clone king 36....with fogger.
It's only been a couple of days so im anxious, because i have never successfully cloned.
Wish me luck.:cheer:
cloner_with_fogger.jpg
Cloner_inside_view.jpg

day_53_clones_from_707tb_and_bubblegum.jpg

Thanks for the clear rez info. I had roots starting after 2 days, but today is day 4 and I've seen very little growth. Changed reservoir today, went from 80 down to 67, instantly. I hope I made the right move ? Will know tomorrow !! :thanks:
ok, it's been almost three weeks for some of these cuttings, and no roots. My pineapple chunk rooted 8 of 9, within about 12 days. 5 Blue dream and 5 krippy are at 14 days, and no roots. Bubba's gift has been in there 9 days, and 3 of 9 rooted. So I've got to be doing something wrong !! My tap water is very good, and proven. I'm running air in that room, just to keep the reservoir under 80 degrees, I've checked the ph every couple days, and changed the reservoir 4 times. I didn't use cloning gel because clone king instructions say it's better just in plain tap water. Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong.
My thoughts are: i would be better off using a cloning solution & cloning gel, and maybe an additive to the reservoir. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong ?? :thanks:

ok, it's been almost three weeks for some of these cuttings, and no roots. My pineapple chunk rooted 8 of 9, within about 12 days. 5 Blue dream and 5 krippy are at 14 days, and no roots. Bubba's gift has been in there 9 days, and 3 of 9 rooted. So I've got to be doing something wrong !! My tap water is very good, and proven. I'm running air in that room, just to keep the reservoir under 80 degrees, I've checked the ph every couple days, and changed the reservoir 4 times. I didn't use cloning gel because clone king instructions say it's better just in plain tap water. Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong.
My thoughts are: i would be better off using a cloning solution & cloning gel, and maybe an additive to the reservoir. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong ?? :thanks:

Hi i use an aroponic cloner and have found it best to use a hydro cleansing soloution and one mil per liter mag/cal and works for me hope this helps oh and i always use clonex :thumb:

Hi i use an aroponic cloner and have found it best to use a hydro cleansing soloution and one mil per liter mag/cal and works for me hope this helps oh and i always use clonex :thumb:
Supergroomer,
Does the clonex wash off the stems ?? And thanks for the reply !! I have started using cal/mag.

Hey there, thnx ftor informative post!
Ito had crap luck doing rockwool, in a dome etv so ordered CloneKing(no longer comes w/ net baskets FYI)
wondering if adding a wee dram of SeaGrean OR 'Primordial''Rootamentary ?) to the water might just knock it outta the park as they say? I'm trying mine, from flowering 2XBlue Dream ( i wanted to thin out some low branches anyway) a really robust Sherbert as well but don't have CFL's so hiked my 300 MH 3+ ' up above,running 18/ 6..
1 dipped one o f the cuts in 'Purple, Why Pay Less? Rooting Gel '
So we''ll see what the ding dang dealioi is!
K, I'm out .peas

High Supergroomer,
Thank you for this thread.:nicethread:
I have never successfully cloned until I bought a 36 site unit last year.
My 1st attempt was a resounding failure, but this time much better.
These clones are about 18 days old.
I dipped the cuts in clonex and used tap water only.

Clone_roots_closeup_4_week_3.JPG
Cloning_pics_-_Clones_in_cloner.JPG
Clone_roots_closeup_week_3.JPG
Excess_clones.jpg

Ok,
I started a new 25 batch, (11/6/2016) and this time I dipped in cloning jel, so we'll see. Last time I tryed this was with nothing but tap water, this time I'm gonna use 1/4 strength FF grow big, Like one tsp for the rez. ? Anyone think this is good idea ? I bought this aero ponics cloner thinking I was gonna save time, but I'm going back to rockwool, and heating pad, if this don't work! Last batch of 25, I salvaged 14 healthy clones. Which is not as good as rockwool !! I want 25 this time !! Ha !! Thanks to supergroomer for starting this thread ! Will update if I find any new helpful info !!

I use a spray cloner and I just use tap water and a few drops of z7 water treatment. I have roots withing 4 to 5 days at the most 99% of the time.

I use old dirty clippers to make all my cuts and I never use any gel or nutes.

For me I found the trick to be using some z7 if you can get it and Not giving them to much light until they have some roots showing.

I leave them in the dark for the first 24hrs and then I put them in the shade of another plant or off in a corner out of direct light for three days. I almost never even loose a leaf off them doing it that way and by day four I am seeing roots.

I just got through another batch of them and 8 out of 8 made it without one leaf lost.

Once you get dialed in. It is just to easy...

I use a spray cloner and I just use tap water and a few drops of z7 water treatment. I have roots withing 4 to 5 days at the most 99% of the time.

I use old dirty clippers to make all my cuts and I never use any gel or nutes.

For me I found the trick to be using some z7 if you can get it and Not giving them to much light until they have some roots showing.

I leave them in the dark for the first 24hrs and then I put them in the shade of another plant or off in a corner out of direct light for three days. I almost never even loose a leaf off them doing it that way and by day four I am seeing roots.

I just got through another batch of them and 8 out of 8 made it without one leaf lost.

Once you get dialed in. It is just to easy...

I would say I have a 95+% success although it sometimes takes 3+weeks. I have always kept the cloner in the veg tent under 18/6. I may try under "normal" light for a few days the next time I set it up. The only thing I add to the water is ResiClear. Otherwise, the jets get clogged sometimes.:peace:

I have found for me anyways that less light at first makes for roots showing faster.

It is like if you give them to much light they try to keep working at making new leaves. But if you keep them in the shade for a few days they can focus more on making roots because you are not asking them to work so hard.

I failed many times at first. But now it is a sure thing.

The z7 also keeps everything clean.

I have found for me anyways that less light at first makes for roots showing faster.

It is like if you give them to much light they try to keep working at making new leaves. But if you keep them in the shade for a few days they can focus more on making roots because you are not asking them to work so hard.

I failed many times at first. But now it is a sure thing.

The z7 also keeps everything clean.
DukeO; I'm looking for that z7 here, but can't find it ?

It is made in the US and I am not sure what others country's you can get it in at this point. It is made by Flying Skull.

Back
Top Bottom