Supergroomer Tries to Clone with the Clone King 25

RSO stands for Rick Simpson Oil (also called just cannabis oil). He did not invent it, but he made it more common and was one of the pioneers in using it for curing cancer and other ailments. If you are looking to make extractions and infusions, I would highly recommend the Magical Butter Machine also. I make infused coconut oil, butter and tinctures and I don't know what I did without it!!! It is a great product and well worth the money. Shoot me a PM if you want some more info. :peace:
Several years later but worth a mention. You can get a good oil infusion result. Raw bud straight into oil and decarbed along the way with a 6 quart Instant Pot and 2 one pint widemouth canning jars. Look on Amazon reviews, I wrote how to do it. SweeterNgreased....um... I make my own CBD, CBG, and THC oils. Just grow, dry, cure, and when ready, get some really good grade coconut oil and zap a batch. No need for a butter maker, and last prime day the 6 quart was going for about $70, even at full price is good deal, and you can make great roasts in it too (how I appease my spouse, making him munchie food after zapping a batch). Oh legal med here is $450 an ounce

Several years later but worth a mention. You can get a good oil infusion result. Raw bud straight into oil and decarbed along the way with a 6 quart Instant Pot and 2 one pint widemouth canning jars. Look on Amazon reviews, I wrote how to do it. SweeterNgreased....um... I make my own CBD, CBG, and THC oils. Just grow, dry, cure, and when ready, get some really good grade coconut oil and zap a batch. No need for a butter maker, and last prime day the 6 quart was going for about $70, even at full price is good deal, and you can make great roasts in it too (how I appease my spouse, making him munchie food after zapping a batch). Oh legal med here is $450 an ounce
Try the same thing, but decarb your bud first at 230f for 110 minutes. Then add 1T liquid sunflower lecithin per cup of oil.

Let me know if that doesn't kick your infusion up several notches.

I use the instant pot on HIGH setting which drives temp to about 240f-I was told that will decarb the THCA while processing... The procedure is 15g weighed bud (and sugar leaves if that kind sugars heavy) cleaned of stem in pint widemouth, add about 15-16 oz of high grade coconut oil, finger tight lid (use new lid and no-rust ring) then put two in the pot on the grid/lifter, and fill to the 1/2 line. Cycle under pressure cook for 50 min on high, and let ramp down 5-20 minutes, take pressure off, put jars on canner cooling rack until you can handle to open them, then drain out into a steel french press (I bought a Veken) with two screens. Use spatula to scrape out jar. PRESS like your life depends on it and pour into your amber glass. Wait for the drips, you can get a good ounce of oil by being patient and wait and hold pressure for several minutes. My Cinderella Jack, a 5 ml will almost make you OD. (I take oil, I gave a few nugs of that CJ to a friend that tokes and they told me that batch was wicked... it does put you elsewhere), I have tried earlier methods of water canning to dry decarb then sunflower lecithin to help blend an 80% coconut with 20% extra virgin olive to bring my solidification temperature down on the coconut oil, then process again (and had a few jars click, that is the worst sound in the world, glass-shard-laced weed-stew) but only on CBD. I will try adding a bit of the lecithin to the coconut oil. Hm, I still have some Blue Dreammatic I decarbed for brownies.. I'll try a compare batch. Thanks for something to explore.

Try the same thing, but decarb your bud first at 230f for 110 minutes. Then add 1T liquid sunflower lecithin per cup of oil.

Let me know if that doesn't kick your infusion up several notches.

instant pot method decarbs as you infuse. you can actually use the instant pot to do a controlled decarb if you want to do something else with the bud other than infuse.

there's a decent sized thread on it.

Skunkworks in Holland (if memory serves me) found that decarbing in the oil was nowhere near as effective as decarbing first. Try the way I suggested and see if it doesn't make a difference. My brownies that I make with Coconut oil in this fashion have been described as a "lost weekend".

i remember something about that as well. i think they did a crock pot though.
pretty sure they did not do it under pressure. it's the pressure that makes the difference.

i've done crock pot infusions as well. they were not near as good as the instant pot. i would definitely recommend a decarb ahead of infusing oil in a crock pot.

Skunkworks in Holland (if memory serves me) found that decarbing in the oil was nowhere near as effective as decarbing first. Try the way I suggested and see if it doesn't make a difference. My brownies that I make with Coconut oil in this fashion have been described as a "lost weekend".
I have run a dry decarb in the pot as well. Going to give it a try with some stuff I just decarbed dry to make some brownies. Lost weekend? Sounds inviting for those days when my hair and shadow hurts. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom