Monster Cropping: Flowering Clones

Oh yeah- flowering clone. Managed to not compute that obvious detail. Maybe I shouldn't have smoked that last one...
They take way longer to root- so two weeks would be unusual and you'll probably have to wait another week or two. The rest still applies. If you have to water the rooting medium as a touch up (avoid having it 'wet' - just moist) then consider using a 3% mix of peroxide for watering - will help keep rot away. Cuttings can sit 4 or 5 weeks without rooting and still survive, but rot usually gets them if they don't root by then.

Oh yeah- flowering clone. Managed to not compute that obvious detail. Maybe I shouldn't have smoked that last one...
They take way longer to root- so two weeks would be unusual and you'll probably have to wait another week or two. The rest still applies. If you have to water the rooting medium as a touch up (avoid having it 'wet' - just moist) then consider using a 3% mix of peroxide for watering - will help keep rot away. Cuttings can sit 4 or 5 weeks without rooting and still survive, but rot usually gets them if they don't root by then.
I have a mix of z7, h&g drip clean and tiny tiny bit of nutes. Not even 100ppm. pH has been 5.8-6.2, res is still clean. Might even change it out just because it's been 2 weeks. I'll stay confident

Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

Just remember if its a flowering clone it will want to re-veg and once its does it will only make 1 leaf and then start on making 3-5 leaves.

Did you use any rooting gel?

Did you scrap the stock a little to help promote faster rooting?

Hope the angle of cut was 45°

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Just to note ot can take a few weeks for it to come back and root and then Veg again and all the way to harvest.

Just remember treat it like a normal clone with smal amount of nutes and a low amount of Veg light like normal Veg would be.

Just remember if its a flowering clone it will want to re-veg and once its does it will only make 1 leaf and then start on making 3-5 leaves.

Did you use any rooting gel?

Did you scrap the stock a little to help promote faster rooting?

Hope the angle of cut was 45°

Yes to all but rooting gel. I've never used it in the past. I've never tried cloning a flowering plant before either though... I'll have a look for some. Thanks for all the tips dude!

Tried clonex and popped into jiffy pot. It gets wet from aero sprayer twice day.
IMG_20170222_032318.jpg
IMG_20170225_085203.jpg
Screenshot_20170225-112448.png

Can anyone tell me if this still looks OK? Or if I need to do anything else?

I'm new to it but my rooting is normal as ever. ( 5 days in peat pellets in a dome with a t5 light. I took clones from week 1,week 3 and week 5 flowering. My strain is a lil stubborn to kick it out of flower so I run 24/0 after roots pop. Then I've been having the best success with dosing em up with 18-18-21 fertilizer and let em do there thing. That's about a week process. Once there's a few round leaves I hack the plant back down to 2 nodes maybe 3. Then back under the dome for a week. Then blamo. Tight node spacing so multiple tops right quick.
420-magazine-mobile290525147.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1047922412.jpg
unpredictable for training. Good for scrog or a big momma.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm new to it but my rooting is normal as ever. ( 5 days in peat pellets in a dome with a t5 light. I took clones from week 1,week 3 and week 5 flowering. My strain is a lil stubborn to kick it out of flower so I run 24/0 after roots pop. Then I've been having the best success with dosing em up with 18-18-21 fertilizer and let em do there thing. That's about a week process. Once there's a few round leaves I hack the plant back down to 2 nodes maybe 3. Then back under the dome for a week. Then blamo. Tight node spacing so multiple tops right quick.
420-magazine-mobile290525147.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1047922412.jpg
unpredictable for training. Good for scrog or a big momma.

I should have used a medium straight up and some type of rooting agent. Just over 3 weeks and I can finally see a tiny little root popping out.

Faster I think for sure, also I watched a few videos on washing the dirt off the roots to be used in hydro. Easy enough I figured. I gotta wait for warmer weather for that or I'll have to screw around with tank heaters

Do you think it just took 3 weeks to root or do you think it's because you used a rooting gel after 2 weeks? I just cut 2 clones from the very bottom of my flowering plant. She's about 4 weeks into flower. Cut clones 2 days ago. Have them in a big freezer bag with holes punched in it and rock wool plugs that I soaked in water w/ 0.5ml gh bloom + 1ml or 1/4 tsp super thrive per gallon also sprayed inside bag with this mixture plus an air stone in bag touching both rock wool plugs with a 23w cfl a few feet away in lamp

Super Cropping is a known technic that creates bushier plants. It is done by pinching the tops of the stems to stimulate lower growth. Thought maybe Monster cropping may be a form of that. Wrong LOL. I tend to agree with Weaselcracker. I have always had to trim tons of branches just to get the plant under control. The only time I have flowered one of them I ended up with lots of buds. They all were small buds with no weight. It only produced half of what her 3 headed sister right next to her did.

My 2c worth on my first attempt at "flowering clones".

Took 6 cuttings off a plant well into flower. Day 31 of flowering and had already started to set seed. The other 4 plants in the tent went hermi and pollinated everything so wanted cuttings of my only known non-hermie female plant.

Cut some short lower branches, dipped in Clonex gel, and straight into a jiffy pot. Put in my "spacebox" under a COB LED. 6/2/6/2/6/2 light regime. Took off most of the flowers, but left the top ones and some others as per the reading i've done on this topic. These cuttings are max 3 inches long, but made sure they had at least one node right neat the bottom. Did not have particularly high hopes for them

After 11 days have potted into soil mix. :) All of them have the pistils brown and shriveled up. Leaves left are yellowing but that's expected. Two of the 6 were showing really good root development poking out of the jiffy pot at the 9 and 10 day mark

Spring here and temps in my grow areas are ranging from 30 degrees C during the day to 7-8 degrees C at night.

Anyhow, now back in the box same same light. By the time these are established and ready for bigger pots my current grow will be finished and i'l pick the best 4 of the 6 to be my next grow in the 4 x 4 ft tent. The others i reckon will flower in the spacebox and try the feminised seed thingy.

Anyhow, think they will be 3-4 weeks getting root systems before i see much growth i reckon. That's minimum i think as the clones i took before, off veging plants took about 4 weeks to actually take off.

I screwed-up 3 plants during flower & had to toss them. I took 2 very small cuttings, popped them in rapid rooters, then popped those in my heat tray. One month later, I have a weird frinkly little plant that's chugging along nicely. I can't wait til she's ready to flip.

Took nine, only one reverted back to veg. 12/26/17
20171226_101730_2_1.jpg

It took about a month to begin to root, as soon as it did I put it into a solo. 1/21/18
20180121_095619_2_.jpg

She took off about 2/1, here she is at 2/11/18
20180211_083206.jpg

Just transplanted her into 3 gallon coco pots. So now, she will be in veg till late May early June.
Not sure exactly what I am going to do with her yet, may take clones and do a SOG, may just go ahead and flower her.
Whatever I will be taking more clones from her as she is a wonder tasting, very good high and the medicine I need, Indica dom.

Just did some topping and tying down. Pics soon.

GR

These plants almost look like they just have much shorter inter-node distances. Possibly the time it takes to stop flowering means the stem doesn't get longer, but new pre-flowers (and branches) keep forming?

Here's a Chocolate Mint OG clone.

I didn't write down the exact date I took the cutting - but it was taken when the mom was two or three weeks into flowering. It took around six weeks to show roots. Then, after planting, it pretty much stayed frozen in time and barely moved till recently. Just starting to put out the beginnings of some real leaves now.
The mother plant is long gone. She was flowered for over three months, then dried, and put in the curing jar on Nov 17. This pic is from a few days ago.

So this cutting was taken almost six months ago...

Back
Top Bottom