Superoots Air Pots -An Evolution in Containers

High Bandit!

Thanks for the feedback!

If I use them with coco, I don't think I would call it a "hempy" grow, but the aeration with that combo just has to be good.

Thanks for confirming the raised bottom. If I use them, I'll just keep that in mind.

I like the Roots Organic soil also, as well as some of their other products.

High Bandit!

Thanks for the feedback!

If I use them with coco, I don't think I would call it a "hempy" grow, but the aeration with that combo just has to be good.

Thanks for confirming the raised bottom. If I use them, I'll just keep that in mind.

I like the Roots Organic soil also, as well as some of their other products.

For a straight coir grow then I think the watering by submersion technique once a day would be the way to go. Probably just dunk the pot into a tub of water/nute solution and hold it down untill all the air bubbled out of it then pull it out to drain. That would be a really different way to handle watering and feeding but i think it would be effective. The coir combined with an air pot will probably give you drainage similar to a net pot full of hydroton.

On the Roots products have you had a chance to try out the Roots Formula 707 soil? That soil is the one!
It has all the goodies and drains super fast. I tried one bag and was so impressed with the way the plants reacted I changed completely out of the FF blends to uncut 707.
I'm not seeing any transplant shock and plants are handling the move from indoors to outdoors much better taking only hours to acclimate where as before it would take a few days. My plants are also very lush with big thick meaty leaves in the 707 soil. They were nice plants in the FF but they are "holy cow!" plants in the 707.

IMG_005013.JPG

000_05011.JPG

Giant sack of Roots Formula 707. 19 gallon bag retails for $30

For a straight coir grow then I think the watering by submersion technique once a day would be the way to go. Probably just dunk the pot into a tub of water/nute solution and hold it down untill all the air bubbled out of it then pull it out to drain. That would be a really different way to handle watering and feeding but i think it would be effective. The coir combined with an air pot will probably give you drainage similar to a net pot full of hydroton.

That would be very effective and doable while the plants were small, but I'd have to raise the light to water that way when they were larger so I could lift them up high enough to place them inside another tub/bucket. Or, I'd have to take them out of the tent, which I'd like to avoid also. But through veg, that's a great idea.

I haven't used the Roots 707, but thanks for the feedback. I've used the Roots "Natural and Organic", which has a good bit of coco in it, but also organic nutes and beneficials.

I'll keep the 707 in mind, but right now I'm ridin' the coco-wagon, lol.

Bandit, too soon to rep ya so props. I know you're not the only Air Potter here but I stumbled upon your thread & damn, I'm excited. On my first grow (WW) & I'm in "the SouthWest" too. Vegging for about 2mo now after several near death experiences. Stoked to get these pots. I'll post the final product in this thread when she's done. Plannin' on a 6 footer to flower in AZ once we hit mid 70s. Was looking for the final major piece for a wicked grow. Thanks for the inspiration. P.S. Will use drip system.

Hey All...this is my current grow using AIRPOTS...I clone in a diy bubbler then transplant into 1liter airpots, transplant again into 3liters and there they will stay til harvest.
DSC_0643.jpg

These were at 28 days, I doubt if I could get them lookin like this in regular pots same size.
DSC_0628.jpg

:peacetwo:bp

Hey All...this is my current grow using AIRPOTS...I clone in a diy bubbler then transplant into 1liter airpots, transplant again into 3liters and there they will stay til harvest.
DSC_0643.jpg

These were at 28 days, I doubt if I could get them lookin like this in regular pots same size.
DSC_0628.jpg

Got to jump in say "WOW" Nice looking grow! :)

OldMedMan, thanks so much for the compliment....It was this thread that convinced me to go for the airpots, so credit to you for putting the info out there...oh and of course for such great demonstrations as to how to use em:thanks:

My pleasure, my friend! We are in this together! :)

The Airpots make us all look like great growers! :cheer:

Airpot over smartpots right?
What about big tupperware container lined with airpot material inside then soil, and two clones in that space?

Airpot over smartpots right?
What about big tupperware container lined with airpot material inside then soil, and two clones in that space?

Hi Blowin Sorry that would not work. The Airpots need to have air available for the holes in the sides. :)

Got to jump in say "WOW" Nice looking grow! :)

Heres what 10 days later looks like...these airpots are simply amazing imo..
DSC_07152.jpg

I have a question....obviously the airpot is designed to improve yield but it is also claimed to do so in a shorter flowering period...it was suggested by another grower on here using them, that the plant will not only harvest more but also be ready for harvest more quicky...any thoughts anyone..?
Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

I've done white widow and white rhino in the air-pots. I haven't seen the pots speed up the process, just improve yield.

I tried to pull earlier then the recommended 63 days, by a week, and quality was compromised.

No sense rushing a good thing.

:thumb:

Hi bassplayer :yummy:

Great pictures ! :):)They just look nice, good showing that there is actually soil in there that hasn't been used yet. Blows me away every time see the roots. You grew a pretty sizable plant in 3 litters, just amazing! :thumb:

WTG!

Thanks again for the kind words OldMedMan....:thumb:

Here are the same plants now in my modified 6 liter airpots...They still need lst which i will get to today....gave them a little break from being trussed up after transplanting...they have a few more weeks veg time yet....need to make room in the flower chamber...not long now :slide:
DSC_0734.jpg
modified cos I set the base higher up inside the airpot on the 3rd row of cones, so its approx 5 liter...more airflow available underneath and Im thinking to make something like the autopot airdome to fit in there.

Thanks again for the kind words OldMedMan....:thumb:

Here are the same plants now in my modified 6 liter airpots...They still need lst which i will get to today....gave them a little break from being trussed up after transplanting...they have a few more weeks veg time yet....need to make room in the flower chamber...not long now :slide:
DSC_0734.jpg
modified cos I set the base higher up inside the airpot on the 3rd row of cones, so its approx 5 liter...more airflow available underneath and Im thinking to make something like the autopot airdome to fit in there.

Sorry man, My short term memory sucks! I remember you saying that before.
Damn Senior Moments! :smokin: Looks good! Nothing beats trying new things. Hope the idea comes to you on the Airpots Domes! Then we can all copy you!:thumb: By the way, love those CFLs the way you have them. Nice !:)

Back
Top Bottom