Swimming pool pH regulator products

I would probably go with natural products to regulate pH rather than pool chemicals. Pool chemicals are concentrated to regulate thousands of gallons of water per application. You can pH down with vinegar if needed and pH up with baking soda, and you would know that your products are food safe. Remember that you plan on either smoking or ingesting the final product, you probably want to make sure it’s safe for that at the end of the grow.

I use the pool ph+, sodium carbonate, aka soda ash. Is that what yours is? I can’t see on the the label. Let’s assume it is, for the sake of me blathering about it. Sodium carbonate - Wikipedia

I’ve used it exclusively for about eight years now. Since I ran out of the super overpriced ph+ I bought from the hydro shop. No ill effects to report. It’s very concentrated as B.B. said. I mix it with water about 20:1. It’s still quite concentrated in that form and a few drops can go a long way.

Basically - just dilute it in water to whatever concentration you like. Over time you’ll get a feel for how much you need to use to balance the ph.

The subject comes up now and then on the forum and generally people will warn against it, based just on speculation. One of the arguments/myths you’ll hear is that, because it is a salt (sodium) you are likely to fry your plants with salt buildup. That’s not the case in reality. The bottled nutrients I feed my plants are also in the form of salts. The amount of pool ph+ I use to balance a bucket full of nutrient mix amounts to less than 2% of the total mix.

Soda ash is used in drinking water and also in cooking. It’s made from limestone (and salt). I suppose you can consider it toxic in the powdered concentration, but I’ve never once had any harmful incidents with it. Just dilute it.

I’m not familiar with the pool ph-
I used to use vinegar for ph down. It does work but doesn’t seem very stable and the ph tends to creep up again.
Sulphuric acid makes an excellent ph down. Easily obtained at an auto supply store in the diluted 33% form for topping up batteries. Dilute it further.
The grow store variety ph- is usually phosphoric acid. Not sure where to buy that outside grow shops but I rarely use ph down and don’t know much about it, since all my nutrients are acidic.

I would probably go with natural products to regulate pH rather than pool chemicals. Pool chemicals are concentrated to regulate thousands of gallons of water per application. You can pH down with vinegar if needed and pH up with baking soda...

Hi bigbear.
Vinegar ? Baking soda ? Really ?!! o_O

I did not know that ..lolol
Thanks for the info!!

Regards cannabifreak

I use the pool ph+, sodium carbonate, aka soda ash. Is that what yours is? I can’t see on the the label. Let’s assume it is, for the sake of me blathering ...

Hi Weaselcracker.
Thanks for the Info :)

I do not know what kind of product is the swimming pool Ph+ .. I still have not read the label o_O
But i will do that. When I read the label I inform you.

And thanks for the shared information .. very useful!!

Regards
Cannabifreak

Back
Top Bottom