Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

@tangwena. May I inquire as to the “special treatment”? I calculate 36c as 96.8 ferenheit which a lower temp to sweat at. So, am curious what you plan?
Its not my plan my friend its the Drunken Buddas from IC forum. He just posted a few better pics on my cob thread.
He has a good harvest of multiple strains coming in.

This is only the second of many more to come. He is tweaking the temps and cure times on all of them.
He plans putting it back in the dehydrator to sweat for another 24hrs after part drying. But this time at 45c I have no idea what will happen its all new ground to me ha ha.
Very exciting times at the moment he is not the only one breaking new ground. I could go on but I have to keep some a mystery to keep you interested ha ha.

As a girl you would understand that would you not?
At the present I am having difficulty re arranging my faces molecular construction after an ear to ear smile got away from me a while ago ha ha. Just tripping on some Gt cob it always does the trick for me.

the purpose of the rubber string was to keep the flowers as tight as possible because it keeps getting tighter and tighter as time passes . When you finish to wrap it properly, your fingers/hands hurt, hehehe

Also, when you wrap the dried buds and add the cognac, you exclude the possibility of mold and do a proper fermentation. dont forget these buds will be in complete darkness and with no air surronding them

when you unwrap everyday to re-wrap it, the product is very shiny and sticky when you take the plastic out
is very yummi :D

i didnt invent this :)

Its not my plan my friend its the Drunken Buddas from IC forum. He just posted a few better pics on my cob thread.
He has a good harvest of multiple strains coming in.

This is only the second of many more to come. He is tweaking the temps and cure times on all of them.
He plans putting it back in the dehydrator to sweat for another 24hrs after part drying. But this time at 45c I have no idea what will happen its all new ground to me ha ha.
Very exciting times at the moment he is not the only one breaking new ground. I could go on but I have to keep some a mystery to keep you interested ha ha.

As a girl you would understand that would you not?
At the present I am having difficulty re arranging my faces molecular construction after an ear to ear smile got away from me a while ago ha ha. Just tripping on some Gt cob it always does the trick for me.
haha! I do love a good mystery. and those ear-to-ear smiles!!!! the best :yahoo:

Hi DrDoob thanks for replying! I'll get to reading again. Thought it was 24 to 48 hours in 104 degrees F. Open to see wetness. Dry or if dry close up vacuum again and put on the cable box for 1 to 2 weeks? Tell me more of you experience?
I always dry them after a week. I’ve had the double seals seem to break or perhaps the cob shrinks slightly so I never go very long without checking them.

I’m sure two weeks should be fine but I’d be constantly worried about it.
:passitleft:

I always dry them after a week. I’ve had the double seals seem to break or perhaps the cob shrinks slightly so I never go very long without checking them.

I see. Good idea checking on it weekly. Thanks for the heads up. Failure is an option I don't want to choose. Checking means even more fun too! I went back to the flow chart on page one. I think I haven't seen better.

No different than wine or beer. As long as there are no 'issues' when the fermentation lock is installed it will keep air and vermin out, protecting the fermentation process. The wrap is the fermentation lock. Putting it in the bag allows malolactic fermentation to continue, I'm guessing?
I assume either the doubled seals break (which doesn’t really seem likely since they’re supposed to be boiled in water) or the cobs shrink a bit and they turn weirdly moist. I’ve never had any mold or anything but I check them everyday now and dry them for a bit often.

Think of it like you are drying your buds naturally guys. What happens. You dry them for a while and then put them in a container. What happens to those dry buds you thought you had? The moisture from the inside gets pulled back to the outside of the cob every time you reseal it after drying. Thats all that is happening. Opening and drying often will certainly speed up that process in my mind if thats what you are looking for. I am torn with trying to make a slower process. I gotta think slower, longer cures would be better.

Shrinkage occurs, but as long as your seals in your vacuum sealed bag hold, the cob will be fine. I have left mine sitting curing for 2 months without looking at them once and they were fine. Just keep em in a dark place in relative coolness (mine are in a dark closet at about 75 degrees, maybe a few degrees cooler this time of the year, but not under 70.

I had another one sitting on the cable box for a week so I opened it and it was fine. Now I can sleep peacefully.

Now I’m curious. I’m still two months away from harvest, but decided to buy a sous vide immersion heater and vacume sealer. I’ve been wanting to try sous vide cooking for a while and thought it would be perfect to hold the temps at 40 C to cook the cob. Something to look forward to.

I assume either the doubled seals break (which doesn’t really seem likely since they’re supposed to be boiled in water) or the cobs shrink a bit and they turn weirdly moist. I’ve never had any mold or anything but I check them everyday now and dry them for a bit often.

...with re-hydrated flower I never had an issue...couple months ago, I had sweat and fermented some fresh Sugar Momma auto's for the recommended times...was slowly dry/curing them in a jar, then got busy with house reno's...totally forgot about them for a couple weeks...Ruh Roh!...:rofl:...
"what a lovely fur coat you have"
"why thank you, its white mold by Oldsheimers..."

...have some more freshies going now...5 days and 2 days dry time...about 3 days into ferment...easy to see the difference...I check daily to make seals aren't compromised and will be vigilant when drying...

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

...with re-hydrated flower I never had an issue...couple months ago, I had sweat and fermented some fresh Sugar Momma auto's for the recommended times...was slowly dry/curing them in a jar, then got busy with house reno's...totally forgot about them for a couple weeks...Ruh Roh!...:rofl:...
"what a lovely fur coat you have"
"why thank you, its white mold by Oldsheimers..."

...have some more freshies going now...5 days and 2 days dry time...about 3 days into ferment...easy to see the difference...I check daily to make seals aren't compromised and will be vigilant when drying...

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

I just flashed back to petrified pooch poop patrol in grandma's basement when I was a wee 'un. Picture I was kind of hoping the eyeball gargle with Listerine had erased all those years ago. Lot of suffering for naught, thanks for that.

I'm still gonna try it. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom