The best soil for autoflower high yields?

Zxro

Hey guys so i have 5 gallon fabric pots and im wondering whats the best soil for the highest yield possible or just a high yield period?
Im going to be running a bestva dc series 2000watt LED 20in long and other deminisions i forget lol i will be using the general hydroponics fertilizer cal mag plus i got the ph meter tds meter ph up and down and my tent is 96x48x80 i want to grow alot of plants like ten so i might get another tent the same size or i might be getting a bigger one or might just grow in a whole room and i also still have more to order for the tent like the dehumider and stuff and i also ordered fox farms ocean forest but i see people say its to hot but my friend says autos really adapt to any soil but please let me know this is my first autoflower grow! i want at least 300 to 400 grams or more on a single plant so what should i get?

Thanks

:ciao: So I hear a lot of people around here using the FFOF which is what you ordered, I do not know about hot it is but I use ProMix HP and I find it a little hot, this said, my plants absolutely love the stuff. For me the ProMix HP was tremendously cheaper but I have heard good things about the ocean forest; however, I have never used the ocean forest.

Imo its Fox Farm Ocean Forest. But theres a lot more that goes into it to get a good yield. But I use FFOF about a 50/50 mix of perlite, and I use MegaCrop for nutes. I top 3x over course of veg. State, LST. I average 10 ounces a Fem photoperiod and 6 or 7 ounces off a Auto. Theres people here that do a lot better than that I'm just so limited on time but that how I've been doing it the past decade. Happy growing

Hi, I think you need to lower your expectations and get actual hands on experience if you are a first timer.
Not being a Debbie Downer but why don't you start with 4 or so plants and see how you get on.
It takes a very knowledgeable and experienced growers in optimal circumstances to be getting 10 oz from an autoflower, and that would probably be DWC.
I like biobizz light for starting out new seedlings. I mix it with coco and perlite to give it better drainage and make it lighter. Also means I need to supplement feed after about 3 weeks or so.

With FFO soil in 5 gallon pots a lot of auto strains can go from start to finish with the nuts that are in the soil without having any problems. Cal/mag is a must. Now I have just put my seeds straight in FFO without problems but if you are worried or do not want to put seeds in the FFO then take a solo cup or something like that and as your filling the pot put the solo cup in towards the top and pack the soil around it. Then pull cup out and add a soil like Fox farms Light Warrior soil or something like that in the whole made by the cup and plant seed in that. I use 6 solo cups of perlite to one 1.5 cubic foot bag of soil. Average yield per pant is around 2oz. Coco and DWC will give the most yields from a auto plant if you keep it stress free.

Hi, I think you need to lower your expectations and get actual hands on experience if you are a first timer.
Not being a Debbie Downer but why don't you start with 4 or so plants and see how you get on.
It takes a very knowledgeable and experienced growers in optimal circumstances to be getting 10 oz from an autoflower, and that would probably be DWC.
I like biobizz light for starting out new seedlings. I mix it with coco and perlite to give it better drainage and make it lighter. Also means I need to supplement feed after about 3 weeks or so.
i actually grew 2 times before this the first time i had to move and kill the plants the second time i rushed into curing and messed it up but i just never had this type of setup

I always like to dream big personally but I think others don't want you to be upset if you do not get 14.3 oz off 1 plant :Namaste: Like others suggested 4 plants may have you closer to this goal :passitleft:

:circle-of-love:

Your growing auto flower and want to get 300-400 grams per plant..I hope some1 can tell ya cause I dont think it can be done..maybe I'm wrong

Well...

I will be growing an auto Ultimate by Dutch Passion, from Herbie Seeds, a sponsor here- For those that don't know I grew a 2.9 pound auto Critical. I also grew a 14.8oz auto Northern Lights. I have grown several monster autos, like the other Ultimate under a 600w HPS by Apollo.

Neil (LEDRF) would disagree with you, LMAO. But it would be highly unlikely for a newbie grower.

OP: If your number one grow is yield... Well, part of me wants to continue that with "...why, then, are you planning to grow autoflowering strains?" However, as the above shows, one can get great results with them, too. But why not give yourself a short primer on DWC hydroponics? It's pretty easy to get high yields with DWC (and it's a pretty easy/simple way to grow plants).

EDIT: Here's a picture of one of his plants, grown in a 50:50 mixture of coco coir and perlite (not DWC, but still a hydroponic grow) :
Euforia1.jpg

It was an Auto Euforia from Dutch Passion.

Not saying hes lieing about 2.9 pounds from a auto..but I'd sure as hell like to see the scales with it on it..I grow my share of autos..all outdoors but theres no way that I can even come close to that

If you want a decent harvest top them at the 6th node then trim leaves once a week in veg (not many 12 is enough). In flower you can trim 5 or 6 a week. Topping breaks the top cola dominance and allows the buds below to bulk up. Mega Crop works well for nutes for this.

It'll help if you LST the limbs by pulling them level to the ground.

You'll end up in the hundred day range for harvest by trimming but that's how you increase yield. I've been getting 11- 17 zips per plant that way. It also seems to produce higher THC levels.

ive had 14 ounce and 12 from DP autos ULTIMATE and NIGHT QUEEN coco perlite feeding daily 1/4 strength , oxygenated res is a must , ive no room to do DP so bred shorter plants i like now

Also ive just made a soil for a few but cant report on it yet

This thread cracks me up. You can't get that much from an auto. Super auto maybe to yes. I use FFOF and 5gal pots, also tried the 3gal this last grow. I'm sticking with 5gal. FFOF is not too hot, that's all internet BS. And no you can't just use the nutes in FFOF and some cal/mag it will need more N and other nutes throughout the grow. Rethink your nutes. Your growing in soil not hydroponics. And if you have good nutes you don't need the calmag stuff.

To start you should shoot for 2-3 oz dried/cured, realistically per plant for autos in soil. People posting wet weight are dishonest. In the area you have maybe 10 plants. I run 8 plants in basically the same area in FFOF w Mega Crop at 45w per sq ft. The light you are running won't work for the sq ft you plan on growing in. You're going to need at least 2 of those lights. Choose your genetics that speak to you and learn from each grow.

So what do you guys think if i mix Coco ffof with some perlite?
and if so what brand of coco

Back
Top Bottom