The Deep Water Culture Home

ug I had issues already with the HM meters. I changed my tank today used the meters and I am sure they are way off. I calibrated them yesterday the PH one to 4.0 and it read fine in solution and in tank. Today it must have been way high. When I checked with a strip to check myself it was off the chart low. I am going to wait a few hours to see what happens. I will recalibrate the meter again in two ranges to hopefully fix it.

On a good note I took out the pump. I have a huge root system on the two regular plants. On the two baby clones I noticed some new roots. When those roots hit the water well I will cut the brown old ugly roots off. I hope they are still supplying water since the pump is now gone. Only days will tell. My temp in tank is back to normal as well 69 water going in but I am sure it will rise to 73 and steady.

ug I had issues already with the HM meters. I changed my tank today used the meters and I am sure they are way off. I calibrated them yesterday the PH one to 4.0 and it read fine in solution and in tank. Today it must have been way high. When I checked with a strip to check myself it was off the chart low. I am going to wait a few hours to see what happens. I will recalibrate the meter again in two ranges to hopefully fix it.

y.

Seriously invest in one of those HANNA Ph/Temp meters...they bout 90.00 but well worth it and dont jump after calibration..It has ATC..Automatic Temperature Compensation...Meters without that tend to jump amd fluctuate too much without that...or the next Ph meter you buy make damn sure it has ATC...Trust me i been through more ph meters than youll beleive and Ph is sumthin that MUST be on point 24/7 or we know what the consequences of that is.. Off balanced ph causes defficiency after defficiency...Looks like defficiencies but is really ph..MAJOR FACTOR!:goodluck:

Hey guys i been out of state past 4-5 days i had to leave my plants by temselves i was scared, but i replenished em and instead of flowering last tuesday as scheduled now im goin to tomorrow but anyways i came back to my plants lookin good.

On a good note I took out the pump. I have a huge root system on the two regular plants. On the two baby clones I noticed some new roots. When those roots hit the water well I will cut the brown old ugly roots off. I hope they are still supplying water since the pump is now gone. Only days will tell. My temp in tank is back to normal as well 69 water going in but I am sure it will rise to 73 and steady.
This is one of the better meters for the dollar out there as far as just pH meters
Hanna Gro'Chek pHep4 pH/Temperature Tester - Plantlighting Hydroponics

but if you got the little extra this is the best value I have found

Hanna Gro'Chek Combo pH/EC/TDS Continuous Reading Monitor - Plantlighting Hydroponics

Just a couple suggestions

Seriously invest in one of those HANNA Ph/Temp meters...they bout 90.00 but well worth it and dont jump after calibration..It has ATC..Automatic Temperature Compensation...Meters without that tend to jump amd fluctuate too much without that...or the next Ph meter you buy make damn sure it has ATC...Trust me i been through more ph meters than youll beleive and Ph is sumthin that MUST be on point 24/7 or we know what the consequences of that is.. Off balanced ph causes defficiency after defficiency...Looks like defficiencies but is really ph..MAJOR FACTOR!:goodluck:

Where were you last week when all this was going on. The HM does adjust for temp so we got that right. It wasn't one of the cheap meters it was the 200. I most likely did something wrong all this stuff at this point in my life is way over my head.

Whoohoo I am a big baby. I have two boxes now...lol:cheer:

Cafghanica just bought these meters the other day around the same price as the first one you linked to. I have no money to buy more or patience. I liked checking my fish tank when I had one. You put liquid in read the color and all was done. It was always right. Same when I used to be a lifeguard and had to check the water. Why oh why is this sooooooooooooo complicated.

Thanks for the help purpdaddy and cal

need help my new growth is skinny and a lime green color starting from the top will try to post up pic after church this problem has stomp me done like 4 8 step recoverys in the past week

Ok so i had to leave my girls alone for 4 days and pushed my flower date from tuesday to today. I was so nervous and stressed but heres what i came home to.

this is the baby(17.5)
SDC11604.JPG

My spoiled one(19.5)
SDC116031.JPG

Very nice GG.

Rant...I hate PH meters all of them. Mine is now reading 10.something who cares. I think I should go with the wish or hope method which means I hope the PH is ok. Side note I did try to do auto and manual recalibration with two different fluids to no avail. I may be just a moron.

The meter has an air bubble in it which the instructions say to JUST(up there asses) swish it around in water and shake it and it will go away. After a trillion and a half tries I give up.

The meter manual, for every ones information, says the water temp should NOT be used to measure the temperature of the water. I guess it is just to get the PH right which isn't on the meter. My good fish tank thermometer is reading well and I trust it. I am not sure I trust this digital stuff.

Now if I wasn't paranoid enough that last post sent me over the edge. I am so scared of cops and sheriffs as it is. They love to stop me for no reason. I never carry in this state unless I happen to buy some. I did when I first moved cause I really need hits while I am out. That is the time I need it most. I am taking pills instead which of course is worse for driving but legal.

All I have to say is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Is posting here safe? Is putting up pictures wise? Mrs. MC may have it right, nothing is safe big brother always on our asses even if we are doing nothing wrong.

GG I got an ounce from my small plant as you remember I am sure. You will get a lot. You aren't even in flowering yet and your plants are bigger then mine that are in flowering now.

One caution...don't, I said don't harvest early. I think I did even with microscope and all.

Yeah i will start at 8pm to 8am tonight and i wont harvest early i have got enough patience and i just picked up 2 oz's of some Grandaddy AK while i was visitin fam out of town for a bill fifty so i jumped on that (family discount) and also picked up an oz of some reg just to have on hand at 50 an oz cause up where im at they charge 60 a half of just some reg rediculous huh

So far all the busts I've heard about had nothing to do with posting here. (anyone else want to correct me on that - MC, Sonic420, anyone) However, if you were to get busted, I would think the po-po would find everything you've done on your computer. Just my own opinion.

Yeah i agree i dont think they are monitoring the site just because if that were the case so many ppl would be goin down there are many other sites. I also believe that if you dont give the police a reason to watch you then you are good like myself never been busted i dont go flaunt it and when i travel i give no reason to pull me over and just incase i do its burried in the trunk and without reasonable doubt and your all legal they cant search your vehicle, but im pretty sure one of the 420 admin can erase all your shit before its to late and i would completely do a system restore and delete all my cookies too.

Yeah i will start at 8pm to 8am tonight and i wont harvest early i have got enough patience and i just picked up 2 oz's of some Grandaddy AK while i was visitin fam out of town for a bill fifty so i jumped on that (family discount) and also picked up an oz of some reg just to have on hand at 50 an oz cause up where im at they charge 60 a half of just some reg rediculous huh

I pay 180 a half minimum for top shelf in my area, usually more like 200, and if it's really some pretty shit I've seen it go for up to 250! The reg runs like 150 a half. Now THAT's ridiculous.

dam thats a bitch man i would hate that for some good in my area is bout 200 a half bout the same and reg 60 a half would never pay 150 for it lol. Anyways so i have a question for anyone whos readin this im starting my flower period in 3 hours so durin the flower stage i have to have my humidity down how far down? other than that i res changed put full strength nutes in again for this first week or so of flower water temp good and under control room temp bout 75. I also prayed em down this mornin and that was my last foilar feed.

Back
Top Bottom