The Deep Water Culture Home

update 47 days old
DSC004133.JPG

DSC004121.JPG

DSC004111.JPG

DSC004094.JPG

DSC004062.JPG

heres an update ya'll. today they're in week 3, day 16 of flower, 2-2-2, with 5ml calmag,1ml floraliscious plus, and 7.5ml kool bloom (total). I'm starting to see little bud sites all over the canopy and underneath they're bunching together pretty tight. I wonder how they'll grow is it up through the canopy, or just on top? just trying to get an idea on how they'll bud up. enjoy the pics guys!!

IMG_08315.JPG

IMG_08275.JPG

IMG_08264.JPG

IMG_08253.JPG

Ok so I have been just runnin pure water cuz of nute burn (and root rot) for like a week with no problems, and yesterday I added nutes and guess what... THE NEXT DAY I GOT ALGAE, wat is up with that, if I get different nutes you think that would help. Because I noticed... at the begining of the grow I didnt have algea.. wasnt using nutes, and when I started using nutes is when the algae started. Now again I put nutes in algae imidiatly the next day. It has got to be the nutes, my rez is covered in reflective duct tape too! Anyways so if I were to get more nutes what would you guys suggest...
Thanks for all the help

Stay Green,
Tdogg

Ok so I have been just runnin pure water cuz of nute burn (and root rot) for like a week with no problems, and yesterday I added nutes and guess what... THE NEXT DAY I GOT ALGAE, wat is up with that, if I get different nutes you think that would help. Because I noticed... at the begining of the grow I didnt have algea.. wasnt using nutes, and when I started using nutes is when the algae started. Now again I put nutes in algae imidiatly the next day. It has got to be the nutes, my rez is covered in reflective duct tape too! Anyways so if I were to get more nutes what would you guys suggest...
Thanks for all the help

Stay Green,
Tdogg

what kind of nutes? are you strainin them first?

I seem to be having a problem germinating seeds lately. It's cold here and they take longer to germinate and sprout. I have lost 4 femmed seeds in my SH tub and I'd like to know what I can use as a starter solution to encourange germination/sprouting and prevent bad things happening as well. I have some SM-90, but I dont know if I can use it with seeds. Can I?

Thanks for all the help

Stay Green,
Tdogg

Algae gradually builds up over days and weeks, just like it does in a fish tank, not overnight. I doubt that's what you're seeing....maybe something in your nutes, but whatever, it's weird...luck!:peace:

Algae gradually builds up over days and weeks, just like it does in a fish tank, not overnight. I doubt that's what you're seeing....maybe something in your nutes, but whatever, it's weird...luck!:peace:

I check every nite for the smallest bit of slime on the edges, and the next nite it was algae pretty bad.. idk either but its really got me stuck.. Reflective tape+Peroxide+replacing airstones.. I've checked to see if its light proof and I can see any light.. only way would be thru the air lines.

I check every nite for the smallest bit of slime on the edges, and the next nite it was algae pretty bad.. idk either but its really got me stuck.. Reflective tape+Peroxide+replacing airstones.. I've checked to see if its light proof and I can see any light.. only way would be thru the air lines.

The only thing I come up with is your water has algae in it! I may be crazy , wouldn't be the first time I was accused, but you might want to try distilled or ro water. I get the feeling your water is bad.

GN, have they stopped growing vertically? Bud developement on top and well under the canopy is normal. The depth of the bud that will develop to their fullest is dependant on the type of lights you use. CFL don't penetrate all that much so side lights become important at this stage. Remember this is learning grow for you Your canopy look very even and that's a very good thing. You'll have plenty of buds on top and the stuff underneath (I call it underbud) is excellent also.

How much head room do you have? I was thinking a little intentional stretching might open up the canopy a bit so you can get some lights below the top colas. Either way you are on your way to a fine harvest.

Tdogg420,

Algae needs lights and water with nutes as you know. I'm assuming you have net pot covers. Also reflective duct tape (silver) is not light proof. Aluminum tape is what I use.

You are using SH nutes, right? No organic additives? How do you know it's algae? What does it look like?

I seem to be having a problem germinating seeds lately. It's cold here and they take longer to germinate and sprout. I have lost 4 femmed seeds in my SH tub and I'd like to know what I can use as a starter solution to encourange germination/sprouting and prevent bad things happening as well. I have some SM-90, but I dont know if I can use it with seeds. Can I?

I did my seeds using the wet paper towel method. you can find it here:
Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY
I put mine on top of my fridge near the back, the heat is pretty constant, and not too hot. Once the seeds pops and had a root, I put them into the rockwool cubes by splitting then cubes in half with a knife (thanks again for the suggestion Fry), and putting the root pointed down. My seeds popped in a little over a day, and was out of control in 2, so keep an eye on them. I planted mine when the root was about 3/4 inch long, that is too long from what I am told, but all of my plants are alive and doing great so far. My temps in my grow area don't go below 70, but i'm not sure about the water temp.
As for the SH tub, I have that too. I put the feeder tubes butted up to the bottom 1/3 of the cube and have a good trickle going with 2x 12 in stones feeding air into the system, so the water being delivered is highly oxiginated. Over soaking a seed will turn it to mush, same thing can happen to baby plants. I don't real experiece with full grown MJ plants in this sytem, but I have grown so many other plants from seed, I know a bit about drowning them. I've killed my share of seeds and baby plants because of bad lighting and heating, and overwatering. Good luck, hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom