The dreaded claw!

Websissy

Am I over watering? Too much nutes?
Purple Haze photoperiod - start of week 4 of flower.
Fox Farm Happy Frog soil.
GH Flora series nutes (following thei chart for growing in soil) & Botanicare Sweet Raw
In 3 gallon pot (since 3/16)
Last feeding was natural spring water (200ppm) - PH balanced.
RH 45-50%
Non adjustable full spectrum LED grow light
Noticing most on mid to lower leaves.
Leaf tips curling downward for about 5 days now.

F3B96960-CFD9-4A7C-9447-3B2E18F78713.jpeg

Am I over watering? Too much nutes?
Purple Haze photoperiod - start of week 4 of flower.
Fox Farm Happy Frog soil.
GH Flora series nutes (following thei chart for growing in soil) & Botanicare Sweet Raw
In 3 gallon pot (since 3/16)
Last feeding was natural spring water (200ppm) - PH balanced.
RH 45-50%
Non adjustable full spectrum LED grow light
Noticing most on mid to lower leaves.
Leaf tips curling downward for about 5 days now.

F3B96960-CFD9-4A7C-9447-3B2E18F78713.jpeg
Hey @Websissy how are you.
Generally that problem is caused by nitrogen toxicity.
Are the leaves really dark green? I would cut nitrogen out for a bit see if she picks back up.
How are your temps and air circulation?
Bill

Sometimes I get it. Usually its environment - too hot or too cold or too dry.

Over watering is hard to do in soil in flower. Usually its under watering.

Take a pic of your plants in question - the whole plant not just one leaf.

Sometimes I get it. Usually its environment - too hot or too cold or too dry.

Over watering is hard to do in soil in flower. Usually its under watering.

Take a pic of your plants in question - the whole plant not just one leaf.
Hers some more pics -

Atleast you are a decent way into flower , hotsoil and feeding drive me bonkers , I would try to cut back on the nitrogen if possible, but alot of nutrients work together , and sometime cutting out one can effect the other if that makes sense , but the good news is your plant doesn't look terrible and I think you will have an awesome harvest

Looks pretty dark green. I would cut nitrogen out
The way some of the leaves are turning brown - I think maybe a phosphorus deficiency - appreciate any advice.

I flushed with RO, PH balanced water twice. I tested the PPM (growing in amended soil) - was high at about 1,400. Flushed a bit more - got PPM's down to 1,000. I checked the PH each flush (I used the drop kit) - was PH orangey (acid) - 2nd flush it got a little less orange and more yellow - but not quite yet. Temp and Humidity and Lights are okay I think.

The way some of the leaves are turning brown - I think maybe a phosphorus deficiency - appreciate any advice.

I flushed with RO, PH balanced water twice. I tested the PPM (growing in amended soil) - was high at about 1,400. Flushed a bit more - got PPM's down to 1,000. I checked the PH each flush (I used the drop kit) - was PH orangey (acid) - 2nd flush it got a little less orange and more yellow - but not quite yet. Temp and Humidity and Lights are okay I think.
I think you have done the right thing. See how flushing the pot works. Soil isn't my forte , but I think your on right track. Give her a week to take effect.
Bill

Its too much nitrogen. Your plant needs minimal nitrogen after the first couple weeks of flower. The claw will more than likely not go away but it’s really not a problem. Your plant will be fine.

I had to pull/snip off about 20 fan leaves that had yellowed or dried up. Some just fell off the stalk as I touched them. Her new growth around her buds seems good although some of the lower (receiving less light) sugar leaves are droopy. Some of her pistils are turning amber - most are still white/or light yellow. I’m still seeing a bit of growth in her buds - I feel like she still needs a few weeks - hoping she will make it. On the next watering I really feel like she needs something - any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom