The Flavored Cannabis Project

In Switzerland, they say the original "Erdbeer" strain (German for "strawberry") was found growing in the middle of a huge strawberry field. Or maybe the story was made up to account for the berry aroma. Do you think maybe that's how it happened? Is this a dumb question? What's the science on how weed gets its aroma?
The science behind improving taste of grown products is mostly secret information companies will not share, they have to make money.
Try to find out what is in the products being sold for the same purpose and I think we are close. BUT, I also believe there is way more th=at we are just starting to understand as science.
There are so many factors that modify perceived smell and taste. I say perceived because many small changes are not noticed. What is in the soil is Switzerland that makes your tomatoes different than what I grow? Here, where I live, corn is not very good. 200 miles away what they grow is spectacular.
The soil is different. NPK, pH, microbes, fungus, drainage, microclimate? Yes lots of science to make stuff grow better where it is. Science to explain why their corn is better than mine and what can I do about it? NOT that I am aware. My guess on this question is simple economics. Mostly subtle changes in results at a high cost equals zero scientific study. A little here and there but the big players are not interested until there is lots of money.
Perhaps we can be pioneers here. Because weed is a very high value produce even subtle changes could make could make the buds more valuable to justify the added cost.
I think there MUST be some grower that also has access to an apple orchard and 100's of gallons of apple juice and will feed it to their plants then say, "EURICA!"
The strain in the middle of the field? Perhaps the strawberries roots exude a particular enzyme that acts in symbiosis with the surrounding plants. Or maybe the surrounding plants make direct use of the same?
Everything can have an affect on everything else. Everything is Everything

Yes, you read it correctly, the flavored cannabis project. Sure, it’s a controversial subject and no, this will not appeal to everyone. But I invite you to read along and if you are interested further please contribute.

CAUTION: This is not for new growers or someone depending on a harvest for their meds. This is geared for growers who have full jars on the shelf or those iwiling to experiment with part of their harvest or with a few clones on the side. Hopefully we get some takers.

To the skeptics I say - no I don’t expect this to be mainstream, for me it’s more of a novelty since I love the flavor of freshies or well cured bud as much as anyone here. I’m not interested in making a name, nor do I think this has the potential to earn money. I’m doing this to explore the possibilities and to learn. It’s all about Flavoring Cannabis and Can The Flavor of a Growing Cannabis Plant Be Manipulated? sorry for the caps there!

If all you have to contribute is negativity then please hit the back button now. Apologies in advance for use of the word weed, I’m not going to type cannabis every spanking time

We know that flavor can be added after a crop has been harvested, it’s done with staples like cereals or tobacco every day. The flavor of cannabis can be enhanced with additives during the cure by using lemon peels, mint, banana skins, rosemary or a plethora of ingredients. But little is known about flavor being added while the plant is growing. In this journal the hope is to explore both options.

Flavoring after the harvest

Manipulating the flavor of a cannabis plant while its growing

With regard to menthol cigarettes, to the best of my understanding - mint plants are processed to extract oils which are converted to crystalline form by a supplier. The supplier ships menthol crystals to the tobacco manufacturer where they are rendered back into a liquid. The liquid is mixed with other ingredients (mostly glycerin & perhaps sweetener like corn syrup) sprayed on the cured tobacco, then rolled into cigarettes and packaged for sale.

That is a snapshot of flavor being added after the crop has been harvested. What piques my interest is flavor being introduced while the crop is growing. Your interest may vary from mine. I maintain that a growing plant can be enhanced by ingredients to manipulate the smell and taste by using 3 routes - by soil additives, by environmental exposure thru air or by additives in the feed water solution. That’s it soil, air or water. For you hydro folks - sure be my guest and try it with coco, dwc or whatever. Some additives may work well in hydro while others may crash and burn. But to keep it simple for taste testing purposes it’s best to stick with only one flavor at a time.

The back story.... During my first and second grows I harvested a Pakistan Valley plant and had it curing in jars. My second plant was a clone taken from the first Paki Valley plant. On the second plant I had an outbreak of fungus gnats and as a temporary measure I tried cinnamon as a pest deterrent. I began misting with water and crop dusting the soil with ground cinnamon. The gnats hated it but it didn’t deter them well so I kept after it for weeks. At that time I was too cash strapped for better IPM gear.

Fast forward to right before harvest. The scent of the growing bud was exactly like the first Paki Valley mother plant with the addition of a really clean, almost antiseptic like scent of cinnamon. Apologies if my palate descriptions leave something to be desired. But the growing bud carried the cinnamon scent in a delicate manner. After the chop I could no longer detect cinnamon but later after the cure I could absolutely detect cinnamon notes while hoovering open jars but the scent was unmistakable every time I exhaled the smoke. The first plant was harvested without use of cinnamon, nor did it have any scent notes I could detect that came close to cinnamon.

We know weed plants are an accumulator, among other things it’s used to clean up haz-mat sites. Terpenes deliver flavor based on the genetic profile of a particular phenotype of a given strain. So in a sense terpenes are merely carriers that express the encoded scent directions they are handed. After my cinnamon bud mistake... err discovery it seems reasonable that terpenes can be manipulated to express different scents.

If you search 420 Magazine for Ona gel there are a numerous reports of growers that have used Ona gel to mask the scent of their grow from neighbors or law enforcement. Turns out a few of those growers reported their finished bud carried the scent and taste of the Ona gel. Now truly Ona gel is a great product but ona gel flavored buds makes me want to hurl. No offense intended to Ona Gel, again it’s great for the purpose it was intended.

First let me assure you this - if you try this via soil, your weed will not smell exactly like vanilla extract or clove you added. Whatever you add will be faint, very subtle. In my experience weed will embrace that added scent but put its own spin on it. Let’s face it - most of us don’t want to override wonderful natural flavors any way, maybe just steer it a little bit in a certain direction. Pretty sure foodie type people will dig this.

Go easy on your plants, most of the flavors you select will be naturally derived and should be fairly well tolerated by the plant. However it’s possible that plants don’t adapt well to a crap-ton of turmeric being added to the soil when it filters down to the root zone. One of 420 Mag’s current sponsors SNS uses rosemeric acid in there IPM solutions, rosemeric acid is derived from rosemary plant. So yes naturally derived ingredients in low doses are fairly well tolerated by this crop.

Now to the techie growers out there.... so if your soil is enhanced with garlic and microbes are munching garlic every day and the plant is growing fine - don’t you think those microbes are going to pass the garlic on to every part of the plant? Ever tasted real moo cow milk after she wondered into the wild onions? Yup been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Affirmative you get wild onion flavored milk if you’ve never owned a milk cow.

CAUTION 2 Use some freaking common sense here. Don’t come bitching that your weed is ruined if you cured it in a tent with an open pan of 5 gallons diesel fuel coz you like gas flavors. If you grow a plant right beside a 4 acre hog waste lagoon then let’s assume either you love the smell of hog shit in your produce or if you do this but can’t figure out why it tastes like hog crap then you are automatically disqualified.

So 420 member Dafatboi asked about adding menthol flavor to his weed, here are some ideas we came up with on that

before the chop,
mint crystals in the canopy
mint essential oils in your feed water (prolly get a boost on pest deterrence)
mint as companion plants
mint crystals laying on top of soil - even tho mint crystals are naturally derived I’m not sure how well roots will tolerate direct contact with mint crystals whether finely ground or not. Go easy to see how she responds.
mint foliar spray

after the chop
mint essential oil in your bud washing routine but might help to be added to last rinse bucket
mint crystals attached to plant while it’s hanging to dry
mint crystals cooked down into an extract and that flavor essence sprayed on buds
mint plants along with colas as they dry hang
mint plants or crystals placed in jars

To flavor a growing plant
Cut a series of clones from one host mother so all the clones will be of the exact same phenotype. It’s not an equal comparison if you test a flavor enhanced Jack Herer against a flavor enhanced Grape Ape. Once your clones are stabilized and growing well then begin to experiment.

plant #1 needs to remain untouched as the control plant
plant #2 can be flavored with the spice or flavoring of your choice
plant #3 gets a different flavor than #2 above.

Track which flavor is given to which plant all the way thru growth, harvest, curing and sampling phases. I might suggest that whatever spice or flavor you select needs to be fairly pungent. After the cure try it yourself or better yet have a friend take a blind smell and taste test challenge to see if they can detect the difference or determine what flavor was added.

You can always let them smell of the control plant or give it up and let them smell your spice shaker of clove or whatever and then compare it to the buds.

Part of why I’m dogmatic is several have commented this can’t be done, or that it’s stupid. Yup, I’m stubborn like that, if it doesn’t pan out then I’m down with that too. I’m from the back woods with no formal education, I recognize this is very far from scientific, however all of science stands firm on hypothesis.

This is not my journal - this is for everyone. If you have better ideas, if you are a scientist, if you like to tinker, if you want to run this show- then please jump in. I have no desire to be in control but I’m happy to jump start this.

Here’s what I bet ya, one day down the road someone will do lab testing of clones to compare terpene profiles of flavor enhanced buds versus unflavored bud. There will be a difference - how much and what is possible is anyone’s guess. Lets make some history. One day science will catch up....

You gotta break eggs to make a custard. It’s an experiment - have fun with it.

Cheers,
Air, Water, Soil. Air:
Having driven OTR truck in the lower 48 I noticed the air smells different around the country. Every time I come home the smell hits me. Fresh air! What is it that makes the air smell fresh? Ozone? NO, Minnesota smells different to me. Northern Minnesota has an intensity of freshness, probably comes from Canada. It is most noticable at night or after a cold front. In winter it is amazing. Hang some cloths outside in winter and they smell wonderful for weeks. What is that FRESH smell? I noticed this smell of freshness on my wife's night gown only after it was hung outside.

If that smell can adsorb onto my wife's cloths can it absorb into the buds?

1630159722623.jpeg
Why does the produce here taste different here than there?
Why does the air smell different here than it does over there?
You gotta read this new research from Copenhagen.

A vast array of functional Aldehydes and Keytones in the AIR.
A vast array of functional Humid Substances in the SOIL.
Water is the reaction media and the transportation media.
The Aldehydes, Keytones, and Humic Substances will always be different here than where you are.
Billions and Billions of permutations and computations.

Let the world be your oyster that smells like a snickerdoodle bud.

Granted, the air part of soil, air and water presents it’s own challenge. but hey if it’s possible to have ona gel flavored buds from proximity then other scents & flavors should work fine too. We know weed is an accumulator so it has the ability to soak up other stuff.. Most of the time we can‘t even smell the grass until it is being cut.

pure speculation but FRESH would be the unique microclimate that your nose is finely tuned for - home base to your olfactory system. The fresh comes from native flora & fauna plus the density of big ag crops, livestock operations, soil types plus the amount of tilled soil, water sources, minerals & mining, pollution from industry with temperature, humidity, rain and sunlight mixing it up.

I’m convinced the scent of air in your neck of the woods plays a role - but it may be too subtle for us to detect in many cases. Maybe if you grew in a citrus orchard so the weed is in flower when the oranges ripen. Yeah I know most big ag ops harvest when it’s green and ripens in transit..… but you get my drift.

massive assumption on my part.…. not every scent or flavor will remain as it was, just because we mash up strawberry with weed doesn’t necessarily mean we get strawberry weed - the cannabis plant will make strawberry it’s biotch - whatever that looks like or rather whatever that tastes and smells like.

Great article on Copenhagen laundry study……

There are about 200+ natural scents from flowers, crops, herbs >> source Outside link Natural Flavors and another link Outside link FDA Natural Flavors

Hey all,
Novice grower here. I'm willing to give this a go, I'm all about the flavor of the smoke. I've just taken 6 clones from a bagseed plant, I have no idea what strain it is. Hell, I don't even know if it's female haha, but I have 5 different additives with distinct smells, straight molasses, a fishy smelling one, a sweet one (similar to molasses to the nose), bat guano, and one that has triacontanol and kelp (again, similar smell to molasses).
Like I said, I'm a novice grower and these are only the 2nd clones I've ever grown so don't expect too much lol. My setup is low budget and my light is mediocre at best but what the hell I'll give it a go.
Never know, you could be on to something.
I say this because I've grown outdoors and everything affects the flavor, I'm convinced of it.

Hey Jungle Joseph, wow I like that 6 clones with 5 modifications. Not every scent or flavor will work and we may be in for some surprises - but I‘m pumped you are willing to experiment.

agree everything impacts flavor some may be too slight for us to distinguish, but I’m convinced lab testing will prove taste and terps can be modified

Hey Jungle Joseph, wow I like that 6 clones with 5 modifications. Not every scent or flavor will work and we may be in for some surprises - but I‘m pumped you are willing to experiment.

agree everything impacts flavor some may be too slight for us to distinguish, but I’m convinced lab testing will prove taste and terps can be modified
Absolutely, I'm looking forward to experimenting. No lab tests though. Only anecdotal evidence. I plan to have some people do blind taste tests.
I already know that bat guano makes a noticeable difference to flavor compared to fish emulsion, and plants grown in 'dirt' literally taste of dirt.

Yes, you read it correctly, the flavored cannabis project. Sure, it’s a controversial subject and no, this will not appeal to everyone. But I invite you to read along and if you are interested further please contribute.

CAUTION: This is not for new growers or someone depending on a harvest for their meds. This is geared for growers who have full jars on the shelf or those iwiling to experiment with part of their harvest or with a few clones on the side. Hopefully we get some takers.

To the skeptics I say - no I don’t expect this to be mainstream, for me it’s more of a novelty since I love the flavor of freshies or well cured bud as much as anyone here. I’m not interested in making a name, nor do I think this has the potential to earn money. I’m doing this to explore the possibilities and to learn. It’s all about Flavoring Cannabis and Can The Flavor of a Growing Cannabis Plant Be Manipulated? sorry for the caps there!

If all you have to contribute is negativity then please hit the back button now. Apologies in advance for use of the word weed, I’m not going to type cannabis every spanking time

We know that flavor can be added after a crop has been harvested, it’s done with staples like cereals or tobacco every day. The flavor of cannabis can be enhanced with additives during the cure by using lemon peels, mint, banana skins, rosemary or a plethora of ingredients. But little is known about flavor being added while the plant is growing. In this journal the hope is to explore both options.

With regard to menthol cigarettes, to the best of my understanding - mint plants are processed to extract oils which are converted to crystalline form by a supplier. The supplier ships menthol crystals to the tobacco manufacturer where they are rendered back into a liquid. The liquid is mixed with other ingredients (mostly glycerin & perhaps sweetener like corn syrup) sprayed on the cured tobacco, then rolled into cigarettes and packaged for sale.

That is a snapshot of flavor being added after the crop has been harvested. What piques my interest is flavor being introduced while the crop is growing. Your interest may vary from mine. I maintain that a growing plant can be enhanced by ingredients to manipulate the smell and taste by using 3 routes - by soil additives, by environmental exposure thru air or by additives in the feed water solution. That’s it soil, air or water. For you hydro folks - sure be my guest and try it with coco, dwc or whatever. Some additives may work well in hydro while others may crash and burn. But to keep it simple for taste testing purposes it’s best to stick with only one flavor at a time.

The back story.... During my first and second grows I harvested a Pakistan Valley plant and had it curing in jars. My second plant was a clone taken from the first Paki Valley plant. On the second plant I had an outbreak of fungus gnats and as a temporary measure I tried cinnamon as a pest deterrent. I began misting with water and crop dusting the soil with ground cinnamon. The gnats hated it but it didn’t deter them well so I kept after it for weeks. At that time I was too cash strapped for better IPM gear.

Fast forward to right before harvest. The scent of the growing bud was exactly like the first Paki Valley mother plant with the addition of a really clean, almost antiseptic like scent of cinnamon. Apologies if my palate descriptions leave something to be desired. But the growing bud carried the cinnamon scent in a delicate manner. After the chop I could no longer detect cinnamon but later after the cure I could absolutely detect cinnamon notes while hoovering open jars but the scent was unmistakable every time I exhaled the smoke. The first plant was harvested without use of cinnamon, nor did it have any scent notes I could detect that came close to cinnamon.

We know weed plants are an accumulator, among other things it’s used to clean up haz-mat sites. Terpenes deliver flavor based on the genetic profile of a particular phenotype of a given strain. So in a sense terpenes are merely carriers that express the encoded scent directions they are handed. After my cinnamon bud mistake... err discovery it seems reasonable that terpenes can be manipulated to express different scents.

If you search 420 Magazine for Ona gel there are a numerous reports of growers that have used Ona gel to mask the scent of their grow from neighbors or law enforcement. Turns out a few of those growers reported their finished bud carried the scent and taste of the Ona gel. Now truly Ona gel is a great product but ona gel flavored buds makes me want to hurl. No offense intended to Ona Gel, again it’s great for the purpose it was intended.

First let me assure you this - if you try this via soil, your weed will not smell exactly like vanilla extract or clove you added. Whatever you add will be faint, very subtle. In my experience weed will embrace that added scent but put its own spin on it. Let’s face it - most of us don’t want to override wonderful natural flavors any way, maybe just steer it a little bit in a certain direction. Pretty sure foodie type people will dig this.

Go easy on your plants, most of the flavors you select will be naturally derived and should be fairly well tolerated by the plant. However it’s possible that plants don’t adapt well to a crap-ton of turmeric being added to the soil when it filters down to the root zone. One of 420 Mag’s current sponsors SNS uses rosemeric acid in there IPM solutions, rosemeric acid is derived from rosemary plant. So yes naturally derived ingredients in low doses are fairly well tolerated by this crop.

Now to the techie growers out there.... so if your soil is enhanced with garlic and microbes are munching garlic every day and the plant is growing fine - don’t you think those microbes are going to pass the garlic on to every part of the plant? Ever tasted real moo cow milk after she wondered into the wild onions? Yup been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Affirmative you get wild onion flavored milk if you’ve never owned a milk cow.

CAUTION 2 Use some freaking common sense here. Don’t come bitching that your weed is ruined if you cured it in a tent with an open pan of 5 gallons diesel fuel coz you like gas flavors. If you grow a plant right beside a 4 acre hog waste lagoon then let’s assume either you love the smell of hog shit in your produce or if you do this but can’t figure out why it tastes like hog crap then you are automatically disqualified.

So 420 member Dafatboi asked about adding menthol flavor to his weed, here are some ideas we came up with on that

before the chop,
mint as companion plants
mint crystals laying on top of soil - even tho mint crystals are naturally derived I’m not sure how well roots will tolerate direct contact with mint crystals whether finely ground or not. Go easy to see how she responds.
mint foliar spray

after the chop
mint essential oil in your bud washing routine but might help to be added to last rinse bucket
mint crystals cooked down into an extract and that flavor essence sprayed on buds

Cut a series of clones from one host mother so all the clones will be of the exact same phenotype. It’s not an equal comparison if you test a flavor enhanced Jack Herer against a flavor enhanced Grape Ape. Once your clones are stabilized and growing well then begin to experiment.

Track which flavor is given to which plant all the way thru growth, harvest, curing and sampling phases. I might suggest that whatever spice or flavor you select needs to be fairly pungent. After the cure try it yourself or better yet have a friend take a blind smell and taste test challenge to see if they can detect the difference or determine what flavor was added.

You can always let them smell of the control plant or give it up and let them smell your spice shaker of clove or whatever and then compare it to the buds.

Part of why I’m dogmatic is several have commented this can’t be done, or that it’s stupid. Yup, I’m stubborn like that, if it doesn’t pan out then I’m down with that too. I’m from the back woods with no formal education, I recognize this is very far from scientific, however all of science stands firm on hypothesis.

This is not my journal - this is for everyone. If you have better ideas, if you are a scientist, if you like to tinker, if you want to run this show- then please jump in. I have no desire to be in control but I’m happy to jump start this.

Here’s what I bet ya, one day down the road someone will do lab testing of clones to compare terpene profiles of flavor enhanced buds versus unflavored bud. There will be a difference - how much and what is possible is anyone’s guess. Lets make some history. One day science will catch up....

Cheers,

before the chop,
mint as companion plants
mint foliar spray

after the chop

Cheers,
Ok, so I have sort of attempted a form of this with existing flavors. One of my favorite things to do is buy a shit ton of really nice batches from the dispensary, and use an electronic grinder that reduces them to bits, and an empty Oz jar , I will take my current eight favorites, grind about half a gram of each up , dump them all in the jar , then shake the shit out of it like a paint mixer,lol. This can create some pretty damn good flavor profiles , but in my experience, I mostly only smell and taste it for a day or two after I mix them. Currently I am smoking a mix of Sin Mint Cookies , Gelato by Binske, Sherbet by Binske, Sorbet by Binske , Orange Juice by Binske , Earthquake, Dutch Hawaiian, Blue Dream and OG Sour Chem. The first few days it as tasty af! After that it still hits hard, but only the two strongest flavors remain, and they are minor. I can currently contribute that I love to blow money on strains for research, I could build a whole mansion out of empty dispo jars,lol. In my experience, only a small handful of them actually resemble the flavor profile described, but Sin Mint Cookies is freakin amazing! Nice minty cookie flavor that lasts! ( Come to think of it I need to keep one of those unmixed and as is on hand too!) , And Sin City Genetics sells seeds too!! So this will def be a part of my upcoming grow, and a great starter for flavor!
Also not sure if seeds could be easily sourced , but OG Sour Chem has an amazing sour candy profile that lasts as well! And I am most definitely down to run an experiment with a few! But yeah, to this day I have never seen anything that compares to the infamous Fruity Pebbles strain that came and went in a few months that I was getting off the streets! This stuff actually smelled like Fruity pebbles in the bag, burning, and no shit , smoking it tasted just like breakfast cereal, anybody else ever encounter anything like that? Maybe we can reproduce it here one day.

I have never been to a dispensary. Whether purchased or home grown wow that’s the who’s who of strain names you have at your finger tips. But see right here is where I think flavored bud has potential. Say you get burnt out on the taste of your produce, toss in a variable like flavored bud for a few sessions.

Pretty confident you have an discerning palate that would do well as taste tester. Yes at one point I said that same part about cereal taste or oat/bran breakfast bar flavor with paki valley weed strain

I sure don’t have the answers but am quite glad to have you along for the ride!

I have never been to a dispensary. Whether purchased or home grown wow that’s the who’s who of strain names you have at your finger tips. But see right here is where I think flavored bud has potential. Say you get burnt out on the taste of your produce, toss in a variable like flavored bud for a few sessions.

Pretty confident you have an discerning palate that would do well as taste tester. Yes at one point I said that same part about cereal taste or oat/bran breakfast bar flavor with paki valley weed strain

If fate wills , I will do everything humanly possible to one day produce all of these strains I mention in honor.

IMG_20211013_181950958.jpg

If fate wills , I will do everything humanly possible to one day produce all of these strains I mention in honor.
I have literally researched almost 100 strains in the last year, I gave away, have a whole other drawer if those jars. They are great airtight storage but I need to toss some,lol every one of those represents a qaurter or eighth or ounce , I pushed through for science,lol.

The latest one I love has been Sugarcane Runtz by Sunshine Farms. It uses Slurricane , and Runtz, super heavy euphoria, high levels, and it actually taste like sugar cane, in a smooth pleasant way. And it makes you happy, motivated , involved, it is great! And it has legs, if not anything else I will find out the genetics and cross them with Bruce banner 2.0 or Dr Grinspoon.

The latest one I love has been Sugarcane Runtz by Sunshine Farms. It uses Slurricane , and Runtz, super heavy euphoria, high levels, and it actually taste like sugar cane, in a smooth pleasant way. And it makes you happy, motivated , involved, it is great! And it has legs, if not anything else I will find out the genetics and cross them with Bruce banner 2.0 or Dr Grinspoon.
I like the description of the Sugarcane. I bet this would be an awesome strain to finish with Snickerdoodle Recipe nutes.

I appreciate extensive research you have subjected yourself to for the sake of science, that’s dedication, but it just confirms my state is still in the dark ages….

they should implement recycling program…. bring in 4 empties and get an free eighth….
I paint by myself for a living . Sometimes I don't know if I am working to buy more weed or buying more weed to work, but I get things done all the time,lol, why I'm working on growing.

As posted in another thread I put some fresh cut herb into a traeger pellet grill with some mesquite and pecan. Mainly due to heat/drying issues.

I'm willing to test this out to see if it imparts a woody profile into the smoke at the risk of the mesquite/pecan combustion compounds release.

ResinSaurusRex thanks for jumping in and please keep us posted on the results of your mesquite and pecan flavor experiments.

I had high hopes of playing with flavored and unflavored clones long before now but due to unplanned dankruptcy brought on by the Great Fungus Gnat & Spider Mite Orgy of 2020. Then after that nightmare was solved the next anticipated crop failed with what was thought to be hemp russet mites…..

I’ve had to put any experimentation on hold as I work to secure a real harvest….and the new test plant was finally flipped over to 12/12 last week.…. fingers crossed for the next 8 to 10 weeks !

ResinSaurusRex thanks for jumping in and please keep us posted on the results of your mesquite and pecan flavor experiments.

I had high hopes of playing with flavored and unflavored clones long before now but due to unplanned dankruptcy brought on by the Great Fungus Gnat & Spider Mite Orgy of 2020. Then after that nightmare was solved the next anticipated crop failed with what was thought to be hemp russet mites…..

I’ve had to put any experimentation on hold as I work to secure a real harvest….and the new test plant was finally flipped over to 12/12 last week.…. fingers crossed for the next 8 to 10 weeks !
I found a nice pile of mostly powdery pine pitch off of my tree. I had a tablespoon of pitch mixed with some table sugar for grit. Throw that into the spice grinder to result in a fine powder. This got added to some top dressing soil and watered in. This is for the ATF. I do had 2 different BB3 seeds not clones getting different tasty additives as you know. Results wont be know till after the new year. That is a long time to wait. Can I spin the wheel one more time first? NO, not the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom