The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Thank you all. I picked up a little microscope but I think the magnification is a little too high. It is a sixty to one hundred x. It is very difficult to hold still enough to see the images. however I was able to see that the tris are still pretty clear. I will probably get a thirty and see how that works. On another note I need to get seeds. I live in a crazy conservative area and don't dare risk exposure because of my job etc. Any recommendations on the most secure company with the most surreptitious delivery system?

Thank you all. I picked up a little microscope but I think the magnification is a little too high. It is a sixty to one hundred x. It is very difficult to hold still enough to see the images. however I was able to see that the tris are still pretty clear. I will probably get a thirty and see how that works. On another note I need to get seeds. I live in a crazy conservative area and don't dare risk exposure because of my job etc. Any recommendations on the most secure company with the most surreptitious delivery system?

Hello Eno. I have the same 60-100 and a 30 too. Both useless for me. I couldn't hold either still enough. So I went to a 20x, which works well for me. Plenty strong to see the trichomes. It also has a little light that helps a lot.

Ah seeds, my downfall. I've only used Attitude Seedbank. They offer several stealth delivery options and also guarantee receipt if you choose one of these options. Plus many freebies with orders.

Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. Maybe one day I will be able to offer advice. So far I seem to be one of those guys who thought dirt and Miracle Grow were the answers. I think this site for a newbie is a little like being a new med student, every thing I read causes a little panic about what I've done wrong.

Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. Maybe one day I will be able to offer advice. So far I seem to be one of those guys who thought dirt and Miracle Grow were the answers. I think this site for a newbie is a little like being a new med student, every thing I read causes a little panic about what I've done wrong.

Eno you have done nothing wrong. You just maybe haven't done it completely right. My neighbor grows with miracle grow and has for 2 or 3 years. She has a greenhouse full of plants and they are all beautiful. Don't panic, you will harvest and start another grow maybe doing a few thing differently. Like Dyold says HAVE FUN:green_heart:

hey everyone just found this thread and its exactly what i need since im only on my 2nd grow ever. first question is i have my first auto growing outdoors right now its a lowryder #1 from bonza and acually ended out being a mutant, it grows 3 branches off the stock instead of the normal 2. my question is she just shot out her pistils maybe 3-4 days ago should i lst her? Just want to do what ever i can to get the absolute largest yield possible so any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

hey everyone just found this thread and its exactly what i need since im only on my 2nd grow ever. first question is i have my first auto growing outdoors right now its a lowryder #1 from bonza and acually ended out being a mutant, it grows 3 branches off the stock instead of the normal 2. my question is she just shot out her pistils maybe 3-4 days ago should i lst her? Just want to do what ever i can to get the absolute largest yield possible so any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

Welcome L2M :welcome: I have not grown auto's so I can be on no help really however I have read that auto's can take offense to being handled to rough as the down time to recover from LST and what not can and will effect your over all yield. Enjoy :rollit:

Did you top the plant? I don't think I would LST an auto. If it is starting to flower let her go. You may, for light, open her up a little by tying her apart. I topped the autos I have twice and they are doing pretty good. Some people think your crazy if you even top but I have found they have a lot better harvest cured weight when I top.

Hey all, Back again with an interesting question. Can anyone explain to me why this lady only has 3 leaves at all her leave locations lol?

IMG_30784.JPG
IMG_30793.JPG

hey everyone got another question. a bunch of my non autos are getting full on yellow leafs at the bottom of the plants an they are starting to work their way up and i reaallly want to find out how to stop this before it gets any worse. theres a chance a few are root bound but deff not all of them are. would root bound cause this? if so and i transplant using this stuff called jellyfish that i have will the roots heal and become unbound? any help would be greatly appreciated... will 5 gallon pots be big enough because its all i really have to transplant into at the moment

hey everyone got another question. a bunch of my non autos are getting full on yellow leafs at the bottom of the plants an they are starting to work their way up and i reaallly want to find out how to stop this before it gets any worse. theres a chance a few are root bound but deff not all of them are. would root bound cause this? if so and i transplant using this stuff called jellyfish that i have will the roots heal and become unbound? any help would be greatly appreciated... will 5 gallon pots be big enough because its all i really have to transplant into at the moment

What's your pH level?

always between 5.8-6.5

Pretty sure I know what these are. I am thinking some type of Aphid or are these Spider mites ? Would love others feedback. I sprayed with Neem oil after this photo.

20140716_104635.jpg
20140716_104637.jpg
20140716_104647.jpg

Thank you and enjoy the moment :Namaste: :rollit:

I just had the same exact problem. I used SNS and if killed all the mites plus it killed all the eggs as well. if you go to the sns website they have a free sample pack where you just pay the 10$ for the shipping. they have a few different packs I got the mite pack which came with the mite killer and also came with some stuff that kills fungi and prevents it from coming back. the mite killer also prevents them from coming back if you spray once every few weeks after the initial treatment of killing them. I did alot of research and some people say the neem worked others said it didnt but all said it only killed the live ones and not the eggs. Hope this helps. im not an over 50 grower but did just have the same issue and am giving you the same advice an over 50 grower gave me on a different thread. SNS is acually one of 420magazines sponsers. a little pricey if you dont go with the free sample pack but worth every penny.

OH YEA the dreaded spider mite. Keep a good eye on the girls. The eggs will hatch and you are back at it. If you are on top of it you get them. I've had good luck with AzaMax at full rate. I hate, did I say that with enough HATE, them dam things. :Namaste:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an autoflowering ruderalis X sativa strain, suitable for outdoor growing? One that can stand up to heat, wind, drought, etc? And, most importantly, one that has a decent up-buzz?

Back
Top Bottom