The Perfect Stealth Plant: Wally Duck's "Ducksfoot"

Re: The perfect stealth strain - Ducksfoot

i didnt find any on seedbay. apparantley wallyduck got busted and theyre really rare :S

I found them on seed boutique

Admittedly, the fan leaves do say something other than marijuana, but once it starts to flower, it looks just like normal cannabis, according to the pics.

Even when looking at the pics, some of the top growth is looking very cannabis-like.

It's hardly stealthy.

Is the ducksfoot related to that old late 90's/early 2000's strain "Australian Bastard Cannabis"?

But those duckfoot leaves look good for a greek salad!

Admittedly, the fan leaves do say something other than marijuana, but once it starts to flower, it looks just like normal cannabis, according to the pics.

Verry true the DEA know when plants flower and thats when they go looking for them,them bastards.

f

any pics of cured buds?

Verry true the DEA know when plants flower and thats when they go looking for them,them bastards.

Or they knew when plants flower.... I read that Mdanzig, the breeder behind the masterlow, powerstout, autoflowering AK47 strains, and the new bluestreak, is planning a cross of the ducksfoot to bring it into autoflowering.

Since the plants stay small and don't drop their leaves so much, it may well be the stealthiest ever. I'm waiting!

I've grown the duck and another strain called webbed indica and then the duck crossed with the webbed indica. Wally sent me all 3 of these strains about 4 years ago when he was a member at my site. He used to come over and show these kick ass pics of his breeding projects, make everyone drool and then leave for a while.lol The duck is a pretty powerful stone and the pheno I grew had no ceiling. The more you smoked the more stoned you got. To the point of puking if your not careful. One of the impressive things about the duck are the huge webbed leaves and huge colas. IMO if you crossed it with a autoflowerer you will lose those traits.

I understand the breeder, Wally Duck, is working at breeding the Ducksfoot with other more potent strains such as haze, AK47, etc, and having quite good results in maintaing the webbed genetic trait. It, the Ducksfoot, must be a very stable strain, to be so reliable in breeding. Full credit to the breeder for his enormous amount of time and energy put in to achieve this. For me, it is a huge thrill as these genetics are Australian made - true blue!

Have you heard anything new on these crosses?

I want to see if he was able to increase potency.

I take it that the duck is a sativa dominate strain?

Let's see if Wally has time to comment. He is a member here as an act of kindness to me. He is just the most amazing guy! There are some pics of Wally's I just loaded in my gallery if you want to have a look.
What I can say is that Wally is working on some profound strains at the moment. In particular the Papua New Guinea Sativa he is working on. We have pictures in our gallery on this. Wally is also nearly ready with a new batch of Cinderella 99, and several other strains. Wally has hailed New Guinea as the holy grail of strains. He has been exploring the highlands and sourcing landrace genetics. So yes, Wally has also made some great crosses with the Ducksfoot.
I think C99 is a sativa dom or stait sativa. I know a grower doing some of Wally's C99 and they are a beautiful plant! Robust genetics!

To give you an example of this incredible sativa from the jungles of New Guinea.

7P1012395-med.JPG

P1012367_5_.JPG

Ahh...those are B-E-A-utiful!...I love that deep purple coloration in the leaves.

The only un-stealthy downside I can see, is in the final stages, when the buds get fat and then it starts looking exactly like a typical cannabis plant. But, the vegging cycle looks like a typical natural weed, that could be seen growing in any given ditch around here.

I can see a great potential for growing the duck out in the GA woods, where someone would have to set out, specifically looking for pot growing to find it.

I wonder how pest resistant they are as well?

I found that sprinkling crushed moth balls around the plant sites is just the trick for deer and rabbits around here, but the spider mites are horrendous, as well as leaf eating grass hoppers and caterpillars.

You can't just plant anything in the GA woods, because of our weird weather patterns between too much rain and too much drought.

I think the duck would be the perfect greenhouse plant though. I'll be willing to bet they are very heat resistant as well, due to the fact that they grow so well in Australia, where it gets super hot.

It appears that Sativa dominate strains seem to actually do well in hot environments, as my greenhouse tends to get up to 100deg F, and those AK47's and Maui Waui's seem to just shrug off that intense heat, although I do have 2 small fans running in their to keep down humidity.

gidday gents ,, thanks for the interest in the ducksfoot ... its a shame i havent done any work on that for some time now ..
i first began work on the ducksfoot not only because of the weird leaf shape .. but the stench and stoned was lovely ... the original plants were so tasty ,, u could lick your lips and still taste it quite a while afterwards ..
and it gave such a pleasent happy stoned ...
i recently grew a batch that was available on the net , and have to say honestly they didnt represent the strain as i would like ... perhaps something has been lost along the way .. as i mentioned it wasnt just the webbed leaves that make ducksfoot ,..
limited resources for keeping parent stock and getting busted really put the brakes on my dabbling with cannabis breeding ... but im still doing what i can as i am also a grower and i need good seeds to grow out ..
typically most strains from the internet dont handle my climate very well , they are usually too indica and dont provide enough vigour for a decent yeild in the tropics ..
i try to extend this by crossing strains i like with a longer flowering strain such as the png sativa ... this gives my ladies the legs they need to harvest a reasonable amount and at a good time of year to suit me ...
so thats my focus for now. i hope to do a few trips overseas to collect some seed stock aswell ,, particularly papua new guinea , as its close to australia , and has lovely sativa ..heres to the future ...

Back
Top Bottom