The Wilde Side - Perpetual Grow 100x3W TopLED & 150W HPS with CFL Booster - Soil

Re: The Wilde side! Perpetual grow 100x3W TopLED and 150W HPS with CFL booster-Soil

I have never heard a thing against LEDs in sprouting/early veg - This is my own made-up concern from who knows where LOL

Seraphim has answered my gnawing insecurities with his own experience very well - sharing:

"Ive started my seedlings at anywhere between 30 and 35 inches from the LED lamp and off to the side a bit. In other words, not directly under the light.

The light on these LEDs is very strong. I believe you have a Diamond series which is even stronger than my Mars-II and I had no problem starting from 30-35" away.

I'd say give it a shot as recommended and if you see stretching then act accordingly but with caution. Seedlings do not need a whole lot of light."

Also, note my new journal! Just germinating ATM

:peace:

Re: The Wilde side! Perpetual grow 100x3W TopLED and 150W HPS with CFL booster-Soil

+1 here on vegging seedlings with an LED. No issues with my ladies when they were just little babies

Yeah thanks bro, I was looking around and about all I found is close to what Seraphim said. Some lights are pretty intense, but mitigated they are fine.

Thanks for the input Buck - I'm ready to go - how about you Sir Wilde?

Yes I am my good man! I just checked the seeds and both have popped and I am getting ready to throw them into their future home.

After 32 hours of germination I have had both Auto Candy Kush seeds pop. I put them into their permanent home in their tent and smart pots. I drenched the pots with -6.5 ph balanced water. I gently placed the seedlings with tap root pointing down in a small hole I made with my finger and lightly brushed loose soil back over top of it for cover. The lights are off, but I will be checking periodically for them to break the surface and start their cycle of 18/6.

Day 4 Seedlings LED Tent:

Both seedlings are starting to peek out of the soil. I lightly sprayed the soil around them with 6.5 ph balanced water.

seedlings_day4.jpg

Buck did you keep your seedlings moist? They both look like they're doing great, but it is sort of hard to tell with these little suckers.

I turned off the Clone King to inspect root growth and I forgot to turn it back on when I went to my Constitutional Law class yesterday. When I got home, they were all drooping worse than Droopy Dog. I turned it back on and they have bounced back and they are standing tall this morning. Whew! I dodged a curve ball I threw at myself there.

Buck did you keep your seedlings moist? They both look like they're doing great, but it is sort of hard to tell with these little suckers.

I turned off the Clone King to inspect root growth and I forgot to turn it back on when I went to my Constitutional Law class yesterday. When I got home, they were all drooping worse than Droopy Dog. I turned it back on and they have bounced back and they are standing tall this morning. Whew! I dodged a curve ball I threw at myself there.

Best way I've found out to keep moisture locked in is to wrap Saran Wrap over the top of my seedling cups and to keep them in a dark, warm part of the house until they sprout up big. Then I usually watered them every 1-2 days with just enough water to keep the soil damp, but that's when they're in solo cups. No need to give them a big watering while they're babies since the excessive water could potentially be detrimental.

Day 6

The Auto Candy Kush seedlings are still reaching up to the light after breaching the soil and fanning open. They look great with healthy stems to support them. I'm a bit anxious for them to mature to a point of where I don't feel they're as vulnerable to a mishap due to my ignorance. I have kept the soil moist letting it dry a bit between applications. I'm watering them just enough to keep them healthy....I think.

I also transplanted three clones of the OG Cheese from the Clone King into solo cups with top soil. There are 3 more clones with decent root structure, but I'd like for them to advance a bit more before transplanting them.

Best way I've found out to keep moisture locked in is to wrap Saran Wrap over the top of my seedling cups and to keep them in a dark, warm part of the house until they sprout up big. Then I usually watered them every 1-2 days with just enough water to keep the soil damp, but that's when they're in solo cups. No need to give them a big watering while they're babies since the excessive water could potentially be detrimental.

That is what I have done (Saran Wrap) but I was figuring the soil kept them in the dark so to speak. Due to the weather I am running the light for warmth...Big mistake? (with Hazel I had the cloths dryer running along with a heating pad in the dark - that can't happen with 2 three gallon pots LOL)

Day 6

The Auto Candy Kush seedlings are still reaching up to the light after breaching the soil and fanning open. They look great with healthy stems to support them. I'm a bit anxious for them to mature to a point of where I don't feel they're as vulnerable to a mishap due to my ignorance. I have kept the soil moist letting it dry a bit between applications. I'm watering them just enough to keep them healthy....I think.

I also transplanted three clones of the OG Cheese from the Clone King into solo cups with top soil. There are 3 more clones with decent root structure, but I'd like for them to advance a bit more before transplanting them.

Oh it is so beautiful, those sprouts!! I'm telling you this - I cannot stand this stage of extra delicate and vulnerable seeds and sprouts. I'm with you on just let me get to "plant" stage and I can take a breath!

Yes they are delicate bro. A friend had 8 plants stolen out of his yard last night. It is small consolation, but I do have 6 healthy clones for him to put indoors that I am giving him later. It looks like all the clones in the Clone King lived but I will probably destroy two due to their wonky stems. I have a mother plant of the OG Cheese set aside for myself.

I'm ecstatic that I was able to clone the OG Cheese so easily because I know several people that have had a hard time cloning. I believe this plant was the perfect starter plant for indoor growing because it has been such a hearty plant. I don't think it is my skill in any way, but this cloner works really well and combining that with such an easy growing strain, viola!

ouch i feel for your friend! . i was rather silly the other day and put my 8 girls out for some morning sun on the ground and didn't think about the 6 month old puppy we have & come home to the pots ripped up and the plants dead "dehydrated" on the ground however she left me one xD so im going with she knew they where males and was only helping me haha gota or i'll cry but its epic how much love goes in they almost become family... till we smoke em up :roorrip:

Subbing in for the ride . Actually am running a UFO for clones that I have just planted , and it seems to be amazing . I don't think I will ever go back to CFL for the whole Veg . Personal experience I also say to pot those autos in the final pots . Last run of seeds I did I grew an auto in a Solo cup not knowing it was an auto till it started to flower *FacePalm*

Day 8 Auto Candy Kush:

The Candy Kush is growing. One is a tad bit ahead of the other, but they're looking strong.

I am 12/12 on clones I took from the OG Cheese. I'm going to plant a mother in a 2 gallon pot and take a couple more clones off her just before harvesting the two OG Cheese flowering now. I'm looking at around October 25 for harvest of the OG Cheese.

OutdoorFrank that is awful bro, but you can't really kick a dog for licking its butt. lol :Namaste:

Glad to have you along for the ride Oscar47.

Back
Top Bottom