The Wilde Side - Perpetual Grow 100x3W TopLED & 150W HPS with CFL Booster - Soil

Re: The Wilde side! Perpetual grow 100x3W TopLED and 150W HPS with CFL booster-Soil

I removed the Clone King from the cloner tent and replaced all the clones inside the tent in their solo cups. They're looking good and 6 of 12 will be going to their future home later day. I'm keeping one for a mother plant and have 5 that I am going to keep growing in the clone tent until I throw them out or figure out wth to do with them.

Day 9 of Auto Candy Kush:

The Autos are looking good, one is still slightly behind the other in growth. I will post pics shortly.

Re: The Wilde side! Perpetual grow 100x3W TopLED and 150W HPS with CFL booster-Soil

Day 8 Auto Candy Kush:

The Candy Kush is growing. One is a tad bit ahead of the other, but they're looking strong.

I am 12/12 on clones I took from the OG Cheese. I'm going to plant a mother in a 2 gallon pot and take a couple more clones off her just before harvesting the two OG Cheese flowering now. I'm looking at around October 25 for harvest of the OG Cheese.

OutdoorFrank that is awful bro, but you can't really kick a dog for licking its butt. lol :Namaste:

Glad to have you along for the ride Oscar47.

Have you ever tried flowering clones? I am just gob smacked of all the branching it's doing, it's just going nuts. can't wait to move them upstairs in the cabinet.

I mega-cropped these which means I took them 2 weeks into flowering cycle. I just trimmed the OG Cheese again and have more if I wanted them. It actually is called mega-cropping because they're supposed to grow a lot after pulling back out of flower. So it is supposed to be a great way to do it.

That is what I have done (Saran Wrap) but I was figuring the soil kept them in the dark so to speak. Due to the weather I am running the light for warmth...Big mistake? (with Hazel I had the cloths dryer running along with a heating pad in the dark - that can't happen with 2 three gallon pots LOL)

I'm sure you'll be fine if you run them under the light. I've noticed that if you keep them in a dark, moist, humid environment, the sprouts will keep stretching up thru the soil to find the light. I let my seedlings get a decent stretch in before they go under the LED. Not sure if that's the 100% correct way to do it, but worked for me.

Day 10 Auto Candy Kush:

They seem like they are ok so far. One is a bit ahead of the other, but that should even out shortly.
seedlings_day10.jpg
seedling1_day10.jpg
seedling2_day10.jpg

Looking Good, What is your humidity with the Kandy kush autos?

Right now it is at 39%. I'm at a bit of a loss with the LED so far as it doesn't require watering like my HPS setup. I'm trying to make sure I don't drown them basically. lol

Right now it is at 39%. I'm at a bit of a loss with the LED so far as it doesn't require watering like my HPS setup. I'm trying to make sure I don't drown them basically. lol

Hahah I hear you on that! LED definitely requires less water when using them. I usually have to water once every 6-7 days.

Looking Good, What is your humidity with the Kandy kush autos?

BTW thanks for stopping in bro. :Namaste:

Hahah I hear you on that! LED definitely requires less water when using them. I usually have to water once every 6-7 days.

I lowered the light to about 12" and was watching it closely, but there haven't been any ill effects yet.

Nice to see your healthy girls! :bravo:

I'm just gonna verify my experience with LEDs and watering. It drove me nuts because most of the grow stuff I read prior to starting up w/my LED was CFL or HID or something and they watered every 3 days. To avoid trouble from damp soil (in my mind anyway) I added extra perlite this time around.

Keep the pictures coming! These are supposed to be fast moving plants!

:peace:

re: The Wilde Side - Perpetual Grow 100x3W TopLED & 150W HPS with CFL Booster - Soil

LOL sorry Tokehontas, you never know. :)

Day 12 for Auto Candy Kush.

They are growing decent, I'm new to growing from seed so I'm unsure if they're on pace, but they look healthy. One plant, Candy 2, had the root curling to where I had to take an asserted effort to make sure the tap root went down. It stuttered with growth compared to its sister. It seems it is on track and growing at the same pace now if it is a little behind Candy 1.
candy_both_day12.jpg

The clones taken from the OG Cheese in my other tent are thriving. I kept two and gave away 10. All 12 clones survived for my second cloning using the Clone King.
Mother_Clones.jpg

re: The Wilde Side - Perpetual Grow 100x3W TopLED & 150W HPS with CFL Booster - Soil

everything is looking nice and healthy. Well Yipeeee!!

Day 12 for Auto Candy Kush.

They are growing decent, I'm new to growing from seed so I'm unsure if they're on pace, but they look healthy. One plant, Candy 2, had the root curling to where I had to take an asserted effort to make sure the tap root went down. It stuttered with growth compared to its sister. It seems it is on track and growing at the same pace now if it is a little behind Candy 1.

That curling is what happened to my PE seed (??) But the root wouldn't stay down...! I'm a week behind you so I'm keeping track to compare growth rate...I have no Idea what is typical.

Both sprouts and clones look great!! You're off and running :peace:

I almost just had a really bad day. I was checking my young plants and went to wake up the wife without closing the tent. When I got back in the office my big Siamese/Tabby cat was in the pot digging. I haven't seen any of them even come close to something like that until now. He dug all around the plant and did not disturb the plant at all. I will not leave the tent open unattended henceforth.

Whew!

I almost just had a really bad day. I was checking my young plants and went to wake up the wife without closing the tent. When I got back in the office my big Siamese/Tabby cat was in the pot digging. I haven't seen any of them even come close to something like that until now. He dug all around the plant and did not disturb the plant at all. I will not leave the tent open unattended henceforth.

Whew!

You came close man! I have an indoor cat and she was digging in the pots when I was first filling them up this time. Was the first soil to touch her paws and she loved it. Then I felt I had to wash her feet because I wasn't sure what was in the soil...she did NOT love that LOL

I hear dogs really like weed - never heard much about cats.

Glad your girls escaped the dig

:peace:

LOL Catman12 she may not want to touch soil again if it leads to wet paws and ty.

Day 15

The plants are seemingly strong, but this setup is new to me and my other grow are clones and not seeds. I had a bit of heat stress on the leaves so I raised the LED and they seem like they're doing fine. The stems are pretty strong and don't seem stressed from weight.
candy_both_day15b.jpg

candy_plant1_day15.jpg
candy_plant2_day15.jpg

The clones are taking off also. I have 12 - 2 gallon pots coming which I will be planting the clones in 2 of them and slowly growing them for mothers.
Mother_Clones_day15a.jpg

looking forward to see your scrog since my next grow I'm going to try a Vscrog.

Day 21

Nothing eventful here, they are growing steady. I put the scrog up after this pic to start training them and I topped them yesterday.
[/img]

Looking really nice Sir Wilde - watching and waiting - :popcorn:

I have been lurking in your other journal - things are really happening over there! I don't know how you manage these two grows, school, and (hopefully) your "regular" life. + reps to you brother for keeping it all together

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom