Thin fan leaves new growth drooping, 1st grow

YouWannaGrowMe

420 Member
Hey everyone on my first run here and i went with some autos from i49 seed bank not sure how reputable they are. Everything was going great until about week 5 with my one gelato plant getting thin and slightly droopy new growth and the other drooping at the tops where the new growth is aswell. Im thinking i overwatered or caused a lockout and have just been stressing over it any help is appreciated!

temps at 75-77
RH 40-45
Soil - destiny organics dark matter

around week 5 i used a bloom nute idk if it gave it some sort of toxicity

Attachments

• 37D86865-306A-4AEC-AE47-4DF696F57B1B.jpeg
    37D86865-306A-4AEC-AE47-4DF696F57B1B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • 0105762E-11ED-4CF3-8A40-8CD587F839A0.jpeg
    0105762E-11ED-4CF3-8A40-8CD587F839A0.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 3F8E2D5B-CE8D-42BD-A1F6-5BDA5F29C9FE.jpeg
    3F8E2D5B-CE8D-42BD-A1F6-5BDA5F29C9FE.jpeg
    783.6 KB · Views: 138
  • F4ED1ECE-3294-4AC5-8492-AA7337E61B14.jpeg
    F4ED1ECE-3294-4AC5-8492-AA7337E61B14.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • B5744AF5-BFA4-498D-8D3D-E0FE7615698A.jpeg
    B5744AF5-BFA4-498D-8D3D-E0FE7615698A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • 2E75F29F-7CDC-4036-902E-DF50A2AEAB62.jpeg
    2E75F29F-7CDC-4036-902E-DF50A2AEAB62.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
My lights are now at 24” again they were closer idk if that could cause leaves to do that

Hi there - Can you describe the yellowing of the leaves below? Does it seem to be a rapid amount of them yellowing, or just a couple that aren't getting light? Also, how soon after your light cycle are you checking on the plants? Droopy leaves could mean over/under watering, but it could also just be your plant waking up from the dark.

Also, the blurple lighting makes it a little difficult to really see the coloration of the plant. Could you try to shoot a photo without the blurple and with flash? I noticed the tips of your leaves are also showing some signs of a bit of nutrient burn.

Also, the blurple lighting makes it a little difficult to really see the coloration of the plant. Could you try to shoot a photo without the blurple and with flash? I noticed the tips of your leaves are also showing some signs of a bit of nutrient burn.
Im currently running 24 hrs leaves have all perked up on plants and seem to be doing a bit better i threw a fan at the bottom of the pots , i can send a pic with the lights off later today , tht pic was this morning

Attachments

• 32FCF002-AD46-4288-981C-235369DC1DC0.jpeg
    32FCF002-AD46-4288-981C-235369DC1DC0.jpeg
    772.8 KB · Views: 112
Im currently running 24 hrs leaves have all perked up on plants and seem to be doing a bit better i threw a fan at the bottom of the pots , i can send a pic with the lights off later today , tht pic was this morning
Hope this helps

Attachments

• 64782B77-C387-4405-AF59-8D9CEA3F5DDA.jpeg
    64782B77-C387-4405-AF59-8D9CEA3F5DDA.jpeg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 170
It looks to me like some root rot might be happening. If they perk up when they're fed, but then go back down soon afterwards, it could definitely be affected roots. My humble advice:

1. Make sure you're doing a complete water/feed, letting them dry out completely (usually a few days), and then re-feed. Use the weight of the buckets to help determine how dry they are. Constant or daily watering can lead to your water sitting at the bottom of the roots and creating rot.

2. I would use some hydrogen peroxide. I'd give them about 1/3 of a cup and do this a day or two after you feed them (so that it's not washed out by the nutrients). With everything going on currently, hydrogen peroxide might be hard to find, but it's the cheapest solution. You can also use commercial supplies like hydroguard to stop the bacteria. Note that Hydrogen Peroxide isn't perfect, and it can also kill some useful bacteria in the soil. You may see the plants stop growing a bit, but if you continue to follow a feeding regiment, they should be able to recover. Root rot isn't good, especially in flower, and many people lose their plants from it.

I hope this helps!

Im in fabric pots never really water to hard or have let them sit in a puddle of water , they dont go down usually stay perked mostly thinning of the leaves is what i was worried about , not disagreeing with you at all just hoping things go better .. for my next grow im planning on using promix hp with gaia green amendments i heard that soil is more airy any tips for that would be great aswell

Im in fabric pots never really water to hard or have let them sit in a puddle of water , they dont go down usually stay perked mostly thinning of the leaves is what i was worried about , not disagreeing with you at all just hoping things go better .. for my next grow im planning on using promix hp with gaia green amendments i heard that soil is more airy any tips for that would be great aswell

You can still get root rot from fabric pots - I recently did and was able to recover.
You should be doing a complete water, as in, you should see a good amount of run-off happening after the feed before stopping. Constant watering is where the issue lies. If you're watering quite a bit, the soil stays wet below the surface and your roots start to rot. Even when you think the soil is dry, check the weight of the pot. Again, this is the biggest indicator that you need to water.

Yeah that’s the method i was using id wait 3 days or so check the weight which would be much lighter and water . Would the plants still be growing with root rot?

Yeah that’s the method i was using id wait 3 days or so check the weight which would be much lighter and water . Would the plants still be growing with root rot?

They sure can. Likely means part of the roots are affected, but others aren't and are growing normal.

Ok thanks for the help im going to see what happens with them hoping they finish and this is not the case. Leaves are all perky and new growth is looking healthier. I will keep you posted

Also yesterday i raised my light back to 24 inches and thts when everything started perking back up do you think the light being to close could have caused any of this?

that could be an issue. Though heat stress usually causes leaves to curl.

Two of them are Doing better today the one not so much

Hmmm... I'm still going to say it could be root rot. The only other thing it could possibly look like to me is a potassium issue. Let me call in some experts, but they're likely going to want to see the plant out of blurple and maybe a closer look at the leaves:

@Pennywise @Backlipslide @Preston9mm @farside05 - Hey guys, Thoughts?

They need a dark period, go to 20/4 or 18/6. Plants will droop when they have reached their maximum light saturation and they go to “sleep”. They can get root rot in fabric pots as well. The soil could stay wet in the center.

They need a dark period, go to 20/4 or 18/6. Plants will droop when they have reached their maximum light saturation and they go to “sleep”. They can get root rot in fabric pots as well. The soil could stay wet in the center.
Ok i have been thinking of switching them to 20-4 again but my timer is kinda fucky .. if i were to put it straight to 20-4 again would it stress the plants out a lot ? Should i do an hour a day at first or?

Back
Top Bottom