Help fan leaves wont stand up in veg, drooping

fishermen

What Strain is it? 2 cheese quakes, 1 grapefruit desiel, rocklock clone in cup but she's fine.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? really don't know
How Many Plants? 3 and a clone
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg
If in Vegetative Stage... 4 weeks
If in Flowering Stage...
Indoor or Outdoor,indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? pro mix bx
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 400 t5, 8bulb
Is it Air Cooled? no
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 72-77 and a low 70 early mornings
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40%-50% depending on time of day
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.3 norm, but let dry out for 4 days/vacation and one hit 6.7
ppm 400
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? every 2 days if I let dry out, ph spikes to 7.0?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? half strength gh
Size or Square Footage of Room? 6x7 by 8ft high
plants are 16-18 inches high.

will post pics asap..
had my girls all happy, went away on vacation and come home to sum yellowing leaves and the droop.. tried droping the lights 4-5 inches to get them reaching and they drooped more so I raised back up to 10 inches where ive been keeping it and seen lots of growth b4.

cheese_quakes.jpg

here some extra pics of my 1st grow and there not doing so great, I have very lil help lol, so im learning on the fly.. this is 5 weeks in to flower now. I really want my cheeses in veg now to look better then these girls...
anyone?

no it wouldn't stick the next day after watering but soil will be moist to touch .
they all take about 3, 8oz glasses of water, every 2 days and on 4th glass it. will flow out bottom.

was thinking about giving them each an 8oz cup on off days, just seems like to much imo but idk.

*edit watered yesterday and soil does stick to my finger, but when I let dry out for a 3-4 days, ph will jump up from 6.3 to high 6's in my runoff.

also wanted to add my rooms are in a garage where it stays a steady 48-55 all winter long.
garage is not heated and hum is 50%, I run space heater in my flower room at lights out but run a 24-0 in veg for heat with a humidifier to keep rh 50-60%, without it rh will stay 30-40% in veg during winter months.

you are drastically over watering.

watering every other day with plants that are in 50 degrees is insane. I would not be surprised if they only needed to be watered once every 6-9 days given the size of the pots, the plants and the temps.

Ok, I'm going with too much water.

The 'finger' test works like this: you put a finger in about 2" into the soil. When you pull the finger out, no soil should be on the finger. if there is any soil, that would mean there is still some water in the soil (it needs some water to stick). If you put your finger into dry sand, the sand doesn't stick, add a bit of water, the sand sticks... same thing with soil.

I let mine go about 4 days or so, it's not based on days, it's based on when they start drooping or soil is dry 2" down (finger test). This forces the roots to grow out and find more water. Usually the next day is when I water.

Watering too much is the most common mistake new growers make. The top of the soil should be about bone dry before you water again.

Are you saying your temps are in the 50's and you use a heater to bring it up? If so, that tends to dry out the air, should be in the 40/50 range humidity. Ok, you mentioned it was in the 50/60 range, try to get it closer to 40/45... Temps in the 72~80 range.

Let them dry out.

I would let them dry out also flush the soil before letting it dry you out. so that you dont have any salt build up.

The 'finger' test works like this: you put a finger in about 2" into the soil. When you pull the finger out, no soil should be on the finger. if there is any soil, that would mean there is still some water in the soil (it needs some water to stick). If you put your finger into dry sand, the sand doesn't stick, add a bit of water, the sand sticks... same thing with soil.

I let mine go about 4 days or so, it's not based on days, it's based on when they start drooping or soil is dry 2" down (finger test). This forces the roots to grow out and find more water. Usually the next day is when I water.

Watering too much is the most common mistake new growers make. The top of the soil should be about bone dry before you water again.

Are you saying your temps are in the 50's and you use a heater to bring it up? If so, that tends to dry out the air, should be in the 40/50 range humidity. Ok, you mentioned it was in the 50/60 range, try to get it closer to 40/45... Temps in the 72~80 range.

Let them dry out.

Temps in the 50's are only in garage, my rooms are 63-65 lights out in flower and 75-77 with 1000 hps on.
Only use heater in flower room at nite time.. no humidifer in room stays 37-40% all the time.

Veg room is 24-0 and temps stay 72-77 all the time, except I shut 4 bulbs off on my 8 bulb t-5 if temps get over 77 or I turn up inline fan. humidifier is set on low it and stays around 50% sometimes spikes high 50%. no heater in veg room.

I would let them dry out also flush the soil before letting it dry you out. so that you dont have any salt build up.

already on day 2 off dry out and there still heavy, cant watering now, I just watered sunday nite.
thank you all for the help so far, jimmy, goat, karl, I will stop the water, I could probally go 5 days no problem, but there probally all locked up now.
all 3 off my girls in veg have long purple veins in stalks and purple stems, front plant has deep purple stems everywhere, I will take close up pics tomorrow and post.

I had purple stems too, don't know why. I used CaliMagic and it didn't seem to change anything. I still used it a few times after that.

The purple mostly went away in the upper grow area (new growth). Other than the new bud damage on 1 or 2, my plants are very healthy. So purple doesn't mean the end of the world.

The low temps of 63/65 should be raised to about 70/72. The larger the difference between the temps, the larger the branch spacing. Also, that's very close to where the plants stop growing. See if you can kick the low temps up a bit.

I don't know much about lockout, I think you have to test the PPM of the runoff.

Let them dry out.

and when they say flush them out b-4 drying, how much water, 1 gallon? or they mean more?
tx

well no help on the water info, so im flushing 5 gallons thru each pot tomorrow after dinner, going to stop and get floraclean to..
all of my plants are getting worse, brown spots and spading on new growth, my desiel stood up today but cheese's are still drooping.
all my runoffs were 6.6 to 7.0 and going in at 6.3, desiel was 5.9 but looks bad.. ppm on were over 800 in veg, should be 550 most.
my 4 flowered were well over 1200ppm opps.. should be 8-900
figured out I over nuted all my plants and locked them up.

salt build up takes months if not years. Unless you have exceptionally saline filled water, in which case flushing would do nothing.

i still think it sounds like over watering.

salt build up takes months if not years. Unless you have exceptionally saline filled water, in which case flushing would do nothing.

i still think it sounds like over watering.

I will not flush then, I watered 2 days ago and had good amount of runoff. im going to wait 5-6 days b4 watering again and see how things are.

Sounds like a plan. Just keep in mind to do one thing at a time and wait for them to react since if you do several things at once then you wont know which is the correct choice.

Back
Top Bottom